Cool vehicles

Oh me too Doc never gave a thought that I wasn't 10 ft tall and bullet proof

I was talking to a friend last week who is my age & also raced. He mentioned that several of the guys our age have passed on. He said you know we have both done some stupid things in our lives & we are lucky to still be alive. I told him he was right but it sure was fun living on the edge.
There are lyrics from a country song that I have lived by,"I'd rather be sorry for something I've done than for something I didn't do".

The 57 Fury was a hot one, it could hold its own with the 270HP Chevy, (almost)

In high school I worked in a shop for a Mopar guy. His son had a 57 Fury but I never saw a 57 that was nearly as fast as the Chevys in the 1320 or as fast on the top end as the Oldsmobiles of that time. Knew a guy that had a J-2 Olds. It was a big sled but would hide the speedometer needle once it got moving. The museum on Petit Jean Mountain has an original J-2 that is driven occasionally.

R4aOaKO.jpg

In high school I worked in a shop for a Mopar guy. His son had a 57 Fury but I never saw a 57 that was nearly as fast as the Chevys in the 1320 or as fast on the top end as the Oldsmobiles of that time. Knew a guy that had a J-2 Olds. It was a big sled but would hide the speedometer needle once it got moving. The museum on Petit Jean Mountain has an original J-2 that is driven occasionally.

We had one in town, Holman, Moody did some work on, did the mid 90s, think it had 2 4s, solid lifters.
Had a few Tri Power Pontiacs that ran well.
I had a 57 FI convertible that ran 98 off the floor, spent all my money at the drag strip.

We had one in town, Holman, Moody did some work on, did the mid 90s, think it had 2 4s, solid lifters.
Had a few Tri Power Pontiacs that ran well.
I had a 57 FI convertible that ran 98 off the floor, spent all my money at the drag strip.

The J-2 was a factory Tri-Power. I remember the air cleaner was the size of a #2 washtub. I also saw some Pontiacs that showed others their tailights. The cars were fast for the times but faster & lighter cars have since been available from the dealers.