Cool vehicles

This reminds me of the wild AA Fuel Altereds from the past. All of those put on a show. Probably the most notable was Wild Willie Borsch who drove with one hand. He was asked about using only one hand, he said he was not conscious that he used only one hand. Drag racing was fun back then.

Doc, I go back a little further, 1958 Don Garlits,Chrysler powered Swamp rat, Art Arfons Allison powered Green Monsters, battled at Chester S C, for top AA fuel, Garlits won at 160mph.
Today I think maybe 330 mph.
I've been in the dyno room with one eyed Connie Kalitta at Holman Moody's shop in Charl, he was twisting a SOHC
429 Ford, I left, thought it would explode.
I think all those guys were crazy!

Cool engraving work on some classic Chevy lowriders, something you'd see on a really nice rifle.
D6sjI20.jpg

MQcchCZ.jpg

oiqvTW9.jpg

y780jJg.jpg

riders

Doc, I go back a little further, 1958 Don Garlits,Chrysler powered Swamp rat, Art Arfons Allison powered Green Monsters, battled at Chester S C, for top AA fuel, Garlits won at 160mph.
Today I think maybe 330 mph.
I've been in the dyno room with one eyed Connie Kalitta at Holman Moody's shop in Charl, he was twisting a SOHC
429 Ford, I left, thought it would explode.
I think all those guys were crazy!

Fuel classes ran quarter mile back then, now 1000 ft. NHRA went to 1000 ft. to slow down fuel cars for safety. I wonder what the speed would be if they were still running a quarter mile. I liked running 1000 ft. much better than the eight mile most local tracks run now.
I wanted NHRA to go to 1000 ft. a long time before they did. We have lost too many lives on the top end of quarter mile tracks.

Fuel classes ran quarter mile back then, now 1000 ft. NHRA went to 1000 ft. to slow down fuel cars for safety. I wonder what the speed would be if they were still running a quarter mile. I liked running 1000 ft. much better than the eight mile most local tracks run now.
I wanted NHRA to go to 1000 ft. a long time before they did. We have lost too many lives on the top end of quarter mile tracks.

It's scary today at 1000', Garlits says they have just about reached the top hp on the hemis at 1000 + pr cylinder.