Cool vehicles

Lg09DrM.jpg

My old 630 does a great job, has the vh4d Wisconsin 30HP, same engine used on some New Holland hay balers of the 50s

The old Wisconsin hand crank start engines were known for being temperamental about starting. They could also kickback on the hand crank & break an arm. I have hauled several bales of hay behind the Wisconsin powered balers. Hauling hay was much like picking cotton, it was hard work & nobody ever got rich doing it.

The old Wisconsin hand crank start engines were known for being temperamental about starting. They could also kickback on the hand crank & break an arm. I have hauled several bales of hay behind the Wisconsin powered balers. Hauling hay was much like picking cotton, it was hard work & nobody ever got rich doing it.

You telling me? my dad would crank that N H baler so tight, the bales weighed more than me.
The one on our baler had a mag, my grinder has a distributor.
I bought this thing used and had very few problems, fuel pump went out, they wanted $145, so I put on a $20 electric pump.
After years, we upgraded the baler with a 273 N H PTO baler, no more fliping that Wisconsin, my grinder is electric start.

You telling me? my dad would crank that N H baler so tight, the bales weighed more than me.
The one on our baler had a mag, my grinder has a distributor.
I bought this thing used and had very few problems, fuel pump went out, they wanted $145, so I put on a $20 electric pump.
After years, we upgraded the baler with a 273 N H PTO baler, no more fliping that Wisconsin, my grinder is electric start.

Learning to use the $20 fuel pump shows farm upbringing. One downside of upgrading hay balers was that baling wire was no longer being bought for baling hay. Many of the farm machines & vehicles here in the hills were kept together by baling wire. Kerosene was used for lights back many years ago but it was also used for many medicinal purposes. I don't know if it really worked but people thought it did. I have heard that a large part of healing comes from the mind. Folks who were children back then said they did not complain about not feeling well because they got a dose of kerosene & castor oil if they complained.

That truck has true American character. I had two or three International 4X4 pickups. They had character also. They had divorced transfer cases which helped take torque off the transmission. GM trucks back then had problems with cracking the automatic transmission cases especially with large tires & a performance, high torque engine.

Yep,, I've also heli-coiled a few aluminum transfer case housings where bolts worked loose on GM trucks.

Learning to use the $20 fuel pump shows farm upbringing. One downside of upgrading hay balers was that baling wire was no longer being bought for baling hay. Many of the farm machines & vehicles here in the hills were kept together by baling wire. Kerosene was used for lights back many years ago but it was also used for many medicinal purposes. I don't know if it really worked but people thought it did. I have heard that a large part of healing comes from the mind. Folks who were children back then said they did not complain about not feeling well because they got a dose of kerosene & castor oil if they complained.

Same with a cut, dunk it in kerosene, go on about your business.

That truck has true American character. I had two or three International 4X4 pickups. They had character also. They had divorced transfer cases which helped take torque off the transmission. GM trucks back then had problems with cracking the automatic transmission cases especially with large tires & a performance, high torque engine.

I got that pic as wallpaper. It's not mine, wish it was. Right now I'm driving an 88 Dodge W 250 but I'm always on the lookout for an early 70's, preferably with two tone original paint. I sold my 74 Dodge about 10 years ago and been sorry ever since. It had the 4 speed manual with the NP 205 transfer case, cast iron, indestructible. Really hard to find an old 4 speed.

Same with a cut, dunk it in kerosene, go on about your business.

Kerosene also worked on snake bites. A neighbor who lived through the depression said he was bitten on the leg by a copperhead. He immediately put his foot/leg in a bucket of kerosene. He said that saved his life. At one time it was standard procedure to cut each fang mark & suck the venom out. Doctors now say that will cause an infection so just go to an emergency room. I remember some died from the venom getting in their blood/brain because the skin was open in the gums.

Kerosene also worked on snake bites. A neighbor who lived through the depression said he was bitten on the leg by a copperhead. He immediately put his foot/leg in a bucket of kerosene. He said that saved his life. At one time it was standard procedure to cut each fang mark & suck the venom out. Doctors now say that will cause an infection so just go to an emergency room. I remember some died from the venom getting in their blood/brain because the skin was open in the gums.

It definitely would not work on me, cause if a snake bites me, I'm a goner, my heart would stop.
Nope, don't do snakes, black, green, big, little they're all the same!