Coordinators do what exactly?

there is a coordinator (from what i understand that is her title) that is every truckers friend and was talking to my husband all the time from work and home. when i confronted her over the phone (actually met her with my children at a company truck competition) she said she was everyones friend and talks to lots of drivers but didn't ever think a wife would be bothered by this! what? come one? really?

Each DC has a transportation department headed by a GTM next are operations managers,safety,HR people and then coordinators. The coordinators are the people who put the load paper work together and make sure everything is in order so we as drivers can do our job. They take care of our mail and act as the middle person between drivers and upper management. Not to make their job seem petty but they are more like clerks and have no real authority when it comes to dispatching of loads. They can make changes at our request by making a call to the ROC (regional operations center) this might because we are low on hours,stuck in traffic or whatever. All loads are assigned by the ROC and can only be changed or modified by the ROC or an OPS person. If we need to call in we usually speak to a coordinator first if they are unable to help then we speak to an OPS person.

there is a coordinator (from what i understand that is her title) that is every truckers friend and was talking to my husband all the time from work and home. when i confronted her over the phone (actually met her with my children at a company truck competition) she said she was everyones friend and talks to lots of drivers but didn't ever think a wife would be bothered by this! what? come one? really?

This would be a very unprofessional and without knowing the whole story I can only say that it would not be standard operating procedure to have regular after hours contact with your coordinator. With that said things are not always what they seem to be and I see where this could potentially be headed it best not to go any further on an open forum feel free to PM me if I can help.

You should'nt be offended that her signature is on his yellow sheet because they are the ones who put the pay info into the computer and that is how you get paid for vacation days, holidays,sick days and extra stuff you do while at work that is not already entered in, it is called getting a T-PAY.The phone calls are however inappropriate but that also goes 2 ways. In the WMT culture that would be unacceptable.