Holland | COOs

What do they plan on doing with Buffalo NY? Holland and new penn are running Double 48’s and are right at the interstate ramp. And the yrc terminal that is a break is to far to shuttle one 48 at a time to the interstate drop lot.

What do they plan on doing with Buffalo NY? Holland and new penn are running Double 48’s and are right at the interstate ramp. And the yrc terminal that is a break is to far to shuttle one 48 at a time to the interstate drop lot.
Rumors are, they will dovetail 5Tolls into Buffalo, turn his tractor to72mph, problem solved.

Holland has not run double 48's in several years. That ended when the closed down the Albany terminal. New Penn, Holland, will consolidate at the YRC terminal and will all together be branded as Yellow.

in NJ rode along in a tractor as a kid
From which warehouse - Garfield or Hanover? Or the grocery warehouse down around Linden? I drove for them out of Garfield for three pre-holiday seasons, '66, '67, and '68. Took a buddy of mine along for a ride to Atlantic City and back one night.

you must remember PIE and Red Star pulling triples in NY in the early 1970s.

I can't remember actually seeing any but there was a trial period for triples on the Thruway. Ultimately they were not allowed after that.

I do remember the silliness of twin pups having to be broken down and taken across the small section of I90 in PA individually though, then re-strung once across the border into NY or Ohio.

Red Star ran Thruway doubles also, forgot to include them in my original post.

I can't remember actually seeing any but there was a trial period for triples on the Thruway. Ultimately they were not allowed after that.

I do remember the silliness of twin pups having to be broken down and taken across the small section of I90 in PA individually though, then re-strung once across the border into NY or Ohio.

When I was with Boston Buffalo Express in the mid 90’s they ran turnpike doubles. If I can remember. I think they were getting.37 a mile.

if you ever stop at TA Fultonville, there is a picture of a set of PIE triples in the fuel island, Seabreeze was probably inside having dinner, but I think you're correct on the trial period.