Cops are looking for a Semi with the word Golden,you dropped ice on a car.

Are you trying to tell me how to keep a idiot in suspense?. ..I know I'll tell you tomorrow. ...

Maybe that property owner should get out on edge of his building and clean the hazard off....and possibly fall to their death.
I don't make the law,but that's how it works

Living in the north. ...my wife. ...family. ..smart friends. ..know to stay away from large trucks. And if they do have to pass. ..they get it done. ..no need to camp out next to a truck.

Similar situation. ...following a car or a mini van in the winter. .. it kicks up anti skid. ..I swear they use gravel in Pennsylvania. ..and breaks my windshield.

Guess I shouldn't have been following so close. ..it's part of driving in the winter.

I'm not going to blame the other vehicle for my stupidity.

Let's see "all three people" "self righteous" not name calling but you get the point. What if your wife is driving you to you doctors appointment and ice falls off of a trailer while you are passing, and breaks the windshield, and injures your wife. Do you A say oh it's OK its not his fault B get the truck number and call a lawyer ? I don't have a problem with people just whiners that blame their problems on others and don't take responsibility for their actions

why is it when someone tries to argue or debate a subject, they interject, "what if your family, blah, blah, blah"..???

you have nothing else to say, so you use the old stand-by, and it does not work with me.

g'byeeeee

Living in the north. ...my wife. ...family. ..smart friends. ..know to stay away from large trucks. And if they do have to pass. ..they get it done. ..no need to camp out next to a truck.

Similar situation. ...following a car or a mini van in the winter. .. it kicks up anti skid. ..I swear they use gravel in Pennsylvania. ..and breaks my windshield.

Guess I shouldn't have been following so close. ..it's part of driving in the winter.

I'm not going to blame the other vehicle for my stupidity.
I also live in PA kicking up gravel or skid whatever that stuff is totally different than a large chunk of ice or any other projectile coming through your windshield and injuring / killing you. I would like to know the solution, the roof plows don't work on ice (if they are available) so you tell me what's the answer? My bitch is guys with the tough guy I drive a truck I'm a badass attitude that want to blame the world for problems they cause. again if it were your family it would be a different story wouldn't it?

It is or was a terrible accident. The only thing I can say is what I said before. ...people need to be educated about the hazards of winter.

I also live in PA kicking up gravel or skid whatever that stuff is totally different than a large chunk of ice or any other projectile coming through your windshield and injuring / killing you. I would like to know the solution, the roof plows don't work on ice (if they are available) so you tell me what's the answer? My bitch is guys with the tough guy I drive a truck I'm a badass attitude that want to blame the world for problems they cause. again if it were your family it would be a different story wouldn't it?

So it's the motoring publics fault? I don't know about you but I've seen ice fly over 100 feet after it leaves the roof of a trailer. It's an issue that needs to be corrected, I don't have the answer but I do know , "it's not my concern " isn't it. And yes I tell everybody I know that most truck drivers are dangerous. That's what happens when you hire out of the puppy mill.

Yes. If you get into a motor vehicle and enter the road way you are assuming the inherent risks associated with that activity.

The solution is to take a load bar into the trailer and beat the roof with it side to side front to rear until you have broken the ice loose. Then get the company :butt kiss: on the roof to push it off.

How about falling out of trees? ?

I wonder who's fault he thinks it is when a deer runs out in front of someone and comes through the windshield ?

Do you sue the DOT for not building a big enough fence ? The auto manufacturer for not building a strong enough windshield ? The park service for not properly controlling the deer population ? What if some little old lady was feeding that deer off her back porch ? Is she named in this as well ?

Maybe we should build a dome or tunnel over all the road ways to provide the perfect sterile environment for the motoring public ? Or maybe if you are that inept that you would put yourself in that danger; you just get what you got ?

Our licensing requirements in this country are pathetic. Well over half of these people should never been given the privilege to begin with. Maybe we should sue the state for putting them behind the wheel in the first place ?

See you're one of the "drivers" I'm talking about blame everybody else

I don't understand how you feel I am blaming anyone. The driver of each and every vehicle must be accountable for their actions. The weather and road conditions are not factors drivers control. But they do have control over how they behave in that environment. If you see ice and snow on a vehicle near you and you are cool with it, then that is on you.

I wonder who's fault he thinks it is when a deer runs out in front of someone and comes through the windshield ?

Do you sue the DOT for not building a big enough fence ? The auto manufacturer for not building a strong enough windshield ? The park service for not properly controlling the deer population ? What if some little old lady was feeding that deer off her back porch ? Is she named in this as well ?

Maybe we should build a dome or tunnel over all the road ways to provide the perfect sterile environment for the motoring public ? Or maybe if you are that inept that you would put yourself in that danger; you just get what you got ?

Our licensing requirements in this country are pathetic. Well over half of these people should never been given the privilege to begin with. Maybe we should sue the state for putting them behind the wheel in the first place ?
The deer isn't driving a truck.

I don't understand how you feel I am blaming anyone. The driver of each and every vehicle must be accountable for their actions. The weather and road conditions are not factors drivers control. But they do have control over how they behave in that environment. If you see ice and snow on a vehicle near you and you are cool with it, then that is on you.
Where I live complete removal of snow and ice from your vehicle before you drive it is the law regardless of what you are driving.I thought it was a new federal law a few years ago. Am I wrong?
How would that be possible with a sealed trailer of mail? ??
It won't work on a sealed trailer regardless of what is in it. As drivers it is our responsibility to obey the law and refuse to take it until snow and ice is removed. And that is what the law man and anyone elses lawyer will tell you if something happens. I'm not saying that it isn't a problem I'm just saying that it's not my problem and I'm not getting up there with a broom, shovel or anything else unless they put a safety fence on it first.

And you can see a patch of ice in the middle of the roof? How about from a car?