New Penn | Copy of COOs

I work out of 107, Maspeth/New Penn and we will be moving into the old Roadway terminal just down the block & over the bridge in BK, 187. This was probably planned way back when Yellow acquired us but it is finally here. My seniority keeps me safe as i don't have to travel far from home or get forced on any UE bids. Sadly that's not going to be the case for many others. Guys will be forced to Long Island & Mt Vernon on the edge of the Bronx. Duie Pyle can finally have their yard that they so desperately crave. No more paying lawyers for dumb sh*t, guys

I work out of 107, Maspeth/New Penn and we will be moving into the old Roadway terminal just down the block & over the bridge in BK, 187. This was probably planned way back when Yellow acquired us but it is finally here. My seniority keeps me safe as i don't have to travel far from home or get forced on any UE bids. Sadly that's not going to be the case for many others. Guys will be forced to Long Island & Mt Vernon on the edge of the Bronx. Duie Pyle can finally have their yard that they so desperately crave. No more paying lawyers for dumb sh*t, guys
Sad commentary

What is the timeline for the move?

This morning two safety guys from Yellow came by to give a demonstration on doubles. Of course one of the @sshole driver we have (there's quite a few) cried, questioned & complained about the Yellow guys not being OSHA certified, therefore he couldn't lead the demonstration. Same guy still walks & drives around double-masked‍♂️. TM came in the room and basically told him & his buddies to STFU and learn how to hook doubles. I laughed into my coffee

I don't think we should have to haul them nor be disciplined or denied work opportunities for not hauling doubles. We have guys who have worked here for years who never hauled them and that should be a choice. I know we'll have senior guys not listen and say know and they are itching to get rid of senior guys. They bought a company in which nobody had to haul them and it wasn't required. They knew that when they bought us. They've wrecked the company. They didn't accept our No votes to their concessions. Threatened to close us if we didn't comply. So we voted yes. To ensure we didn't have a NO vote they lumped us together with the whole YRC vote.
They have no respect and should not get everything they want whenever they want it. They've gotten enough.
I'm sure plenty of guys will just do it. But those who choose not to should have a grandfather type clause that protects them. Yes...their system sucks and yes they need changes...but no they should not get everything they want all the time. They shouldn't be permitted to bully all the time. They can wait for some things. I think it would be more than fair for them to require the doubles of any hire on the postmarked date of the COO....But anybody before that did not hire on to a company which hauls doubles. They can wait for new hires within New Penn's system. Imo.
They're getting rid of road and turning them to utility in hopes of forcing older guys to quit.

After they reduce the road, surely their eventual plan will be to automate. The Locals we are in should support something like this....not give everything all the time.

When they screw everybody up with all these changes...their still eventually gonna get or be in financial trouble....they've borrowed too much, had to have it all, then come to us to pay it back, They get more help from the taxpayer with some kind of deal....and after pushing us around some more....they'll be looking to us for money again.
We all know that. .
Here's the thing, the same group of @ssholes in my yard HAVE seniority. No one is going to make them drive them. By the time they dovetail these lists, they're safe. These guys just choose to b*tch. They've been this way since they all got hired on. Complained all these yrs about everything under the sun but yet & still choose to punch in & out everyday. Either get out or simply STFU

I get it. But bosses throughout the system will be using that " not following a work order" or " voluntary quit" crap on anybody with this if allowed. Not just your guys there.
There should be a choice, which I'm sure they're not willing to give, and they can manage. They can manage and realize this guy can't haul them or won't
or doesn't have to, for a few years till we are retired. It's not forever.
They got 15% for how many years, and 4 or 5 companies of guys who never wanted to work for them. Sometimes they shouldn't get everything. They shouldn't.
I agree, there should be a choice when it comes to doubles. Unfortunately the lower seniority guys in all nyc-area terminals will be effected. There's one now running utility who has already threatened to quit. I'm sure there's more like him

I browsed the proposed COO that TDU put out.
Not exactly sure on my numbers but looks like Syracuse is closing. And Buffalo and Pittsburg.
Moving I guess. New Penn will still be the employer on the Pittsburg move. Holland in Buffalo. I suppose Yellow in Syracuse.
Camp Hill losing 16 road. Reading losing the 5 remaining road and no road operation.
Gaining 3 city yet say it's a gain.
Looks like Trenton is losing 16 road or something.
Kearny losing 7.
I might be wrong on some numbers above. Tough to read on phone

And page 10 days all New Penn Drivers must obtain and maintain doubles/triples endorsements which I think is total ********.
30 days after the postdate of implementation to get it.
Shouldn't be implemented at all.

anything about the rochester barn? (newpenn)

The big deal is it's a ripoff.
Sorry to say it's been a ripoff for decades.
NPME had lowest OR in 89...and 13 years or so very good record. Not the most money.Because were not huge but the least loss.
45' no stacking.
53' stacked is 106' of freight
Same payrate as guys pulling doubles stacked.
Pups stacked= 52' of freight vs 45.
Doubles stacked = 112' of freight.
More dangerous.
More time consuming to load and unload and hook and unhook. Mot effort. More labor.
More dangerous also imo.

Where's the money for us in all the extras from us?
Show me the money.

And where's the money from all the companies using them for decades?

How can you lose money hauling over twice the freight?

Only explanation is that it's a ripoff racket for customers and companies.

Money will be lost....and they'll come back for more from us.
How money is list with twice as much freight needs to be looked at very closely.

It's surely not due to not enough stacking nor not enough freight being hauled by one guy.
That's a lie. It has to be.

One of them " if ya tell a lie big enough...everybody believes it".

Take the doubles and shove them.
And take the load bars to your breaks at our borders. The 53 with load bars has been nothing but a proven money and customer and time loser. 10 years of losing with the Yellow system. At least 10.

Get rid of all doubles from all Yellow terminals in the Northeast and replace them with 45's. That's how a "super regional" would work. Doubles is how a " losing national" works.
Ward and Pitt-Ohio are regionals....they don't use doubles. At least I was told they don't.

Get rid of all 53's and load bars in the Northeast and stop stacking.....and then you'd have a super regional to and from the northeast
Pull a goddamned freight train on the road outside of here if ya want.
Our 12'6 x 45' x 96" trailer is what you'd use up here for a " super " regional. And that's it. We didn't use the other stuff.
Why don’t you quit bitching about the 53’s and pups, there is a clause in contract about operating to protect jobs. File a grievance on it, prove your point with data, if you feel your right prove it, otherwise save your breath and except the change. Remember bull haulers pull 53’ 102’s if this job doesn’t work you have plenty of bull….., you can haul around.

Why don’t you quit bitching about the 53’s and pups, there is a clause in contract about operating to protect jobs. File a grievance on it, prove your point with data, if you feel your right prove it, otherwise save your breath and except the change. Remember bull haulers pull 53’ 102’s if this job doesn’t work you have plenty of bull….., you can haul around.
The COO says..." The company......"proposes" that all New Penn drivers obtain their doubles and triples endorsements and THEN maintains them as per article such and such....... It's not written in stone. It's a proposal....not already in contract.

The COO says..." The company......"proposes" that all New Penn drivers obtain their doubles and triples endorsements and THEN maintains them as per article such and such....... It's not written in stone. It's a proposal....not already in contract.
Please re read what I posted, I referenced your constant complaint that the equipment has lost them money, get your data together and file a grievance.

Is there anything in there that protects one from having to fly an airplane or helicopter of train?
Or if they want to, they can do that next?
I mean we are working for Yellow. They MUST have all of the latest new toys and technology and must lead even though they can't own a pot to **** in.
Maybe they need us to get astronaut licenses and fly NASA spacecraft....I'm sure they've got some highly paid consultants looking into it. Who'll kick back a few of them big bucks to the Execs for spending company money to do business with them.
Slave, if they had you dispatched on the spacecraft, with your luck, it probably wouldn't start.