New Penn | Copy of COOs

Or the water pressure would be too high and the relief valve would be leaking and the shop wouldn't have replacement parts.

Well that thread is good for me. I get a lot of good advice there.
I don't know why anybody else doesn't use it.
Maybe their wife makes the money and can afford professionals? Idk.
Cars in the shop and they featherdust with a French Maids outfit for when the wife gets home?
I gotta fix it myself. And break it while I'm fixing it.

At least our mechanics fix stuff. Unlike the ones I pay.

Yes. You too can fly the space shuttle for Yellow freight
Load it. Fly it to Mars. Unload it and load it again. And fly back to the terminal.
All by themsleves. You're the only guy.
Without them they just can't make it.
One guy can save the company.

If ya don't want to fly so high you can load a plane and fly to Chicago and unload and load it and fly back.
Or engineer the train we took a loan out for so you can load all of the cars and take it to Ohio, unload it and load it and bring it back.
Gotta cut them labor costs.
Hurry. The city guys are waiting for their freight.
and your still classified as UE

Relax guys, Pulling doubles is easier than vans in many ways. You need to be more careful on bad roads because you might get a trailer loaded tail heavy which throws the trim off. You really need to watch the rear trailer loaded tail heavy in road construction. We call it a "Flying Kite" because it will go with the grooves in the road, right into a guardrail if you don't slow down enoguh. Turning on a hill covered in ice and snow must be done slowly also. Otherwise the lead pushes your tractor axle sideways, then the jiff slides sideways being pushed by the rear trailer and you end up with the trailers half side by side, jackknifed. Always make sure your pintle is secure and your electrical cord is firmly into the plugs, even if you need to tape them. Once you get the practice, you can even back the second trailer up to a dock without a problem and you drop/hook the same way.

You know how they came back right after contract was signed and repeatedly wanted a new deal.
It's high time we do the same.
Time to go back and scrap the UE part and come up with even more.
I'm sure we could come up with 5000 pages for them to figure out just as quickly as they do.
Scrap the UE. Scrap doubles. And focus on Zipcodes and being a Super Regional. Not just another freight hauler like they have been and intend to be.

It's always is that must embrace change.
Always a one sided deal.
They can embrace change too.
Not just us all the time.

Last edited:
And move it around all day.
Saving money again.

Risking high dollar injuries.
Risking customers being lost
Risking jobs attempting to go where we don't belong.
All for stubbornness
Big difference.
New Penn and Pitt-Ohio and Ward from PA. Regional carriers. Single trailers.

And Estes from VA?
Yellow from KS
Roadway from Akron
ABF from AK
UPS from KY ...or wherever...CA? Seattle? Oakland? GA?
OD from wherever
And Saaia from wherever.
Preston was from MD.
CF...WA?
I didn't know ABF moved their HQ to Alaska. Interesting !!!