New Penn | Copy of COOs

Probably late on the street due to delays from stacking 53's on load bars from the terminal it came from.
And then more delays unloading the stacked 53 and loading the city run.

Slow...slow......slow.....

Maybe some damaged and toppled stuff delayed it even more...restacking skids in order to continue unloading.

Dumb system......truth!
Go to work (if you choose to, it’s your choice in America), unload whatever you can where you can, smile at your customers (they don’t care if your unhappy), drive back to terminal, clock out and go home. Repeat again 4 more days and take 2 days off. Jeeez, all the whining is not necessary , it’s trucking, get used to it.

Go to work (if you choose to, it’s your choice in America), unload whatever you can where you can, smile at your customers (they don’t care if your unhappy), drive back to terminal, clock out and go home. Repeat again 4 more days and take 2 days off. Jeeez, all the whining is not necessary , it’s trucking, get used to it.
Don't forget the most important part. Pick up the check!

I've been used to it for 30 years.
Used to seeing a bunch of guys spend every minute of their life doing this stupid job. No time for nothing but this. All day. Every day.
I know we'll never get any more money. And never get any less hours. Because the whole business accepts it as normal.
Why?
You tell me......look at all that money were making for all these hours? What money? Where?

More more more...do more....haul more...more more more.
And quit whining about it.
Doesn't get dumber than this business right here.
You use the term we (as in New Penn) and them (as in Yellow). Sorry to break this to you , but you need to say “US” because it is all Yellow as of Jan. 1. I feel sorry for everyone who has to go through this change, I did it when Yellow bought Roadway and it’s not easy. However, the sooner you try to work together, the better off you and the company will be. Every customer hears how employees speak about each other and when they grip about their company. It will cost you customers.

Yep, you'll always get more tips if you smile.

I'll bet Wong uses more Colgate than Jamie uses hair gel.
And he has an 8 year supply of Hai Karate cologne he bought just before they went out of business. He's the man!

uo_1498999839-21335-37.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be a Teamster.
It's not being put on me as to wether it's my job to gain or lose customers.
That's Yellow's deal.
They gain them. Or they lose them.
It's not my credit to gain.
It's not my fault if they lose.
I deliver and pick up freight.
I'm not there to socialize and talk.
That's the salespeople's job.
I am thankful for everything the Teamsters did for me and my family. I was blessed with great pay and benefits. HOWEVER, Yellow pays you not the Teamsters. If Yellow fails, you don’t get paid. I‘m proud to say as a man I never had your attitude. I did care about my company and what customers thought. Enough that I ended up with 5 spine surgeries which eventually forced my retirement. You be you!

I am thankful for everything the Teamsters did for me and my family. I was blessed with great pay and benefits. HOWEVER, Yellow pays you not the Teamsters. If Yellow fails, you don’t get paid. I‘m proud to say as a man I never had your attitude. I did care about my company and what customers thought. Enough that I ended up with 5 spine surgeries which eventually forced my retirement. You be you!
Very well said

We had a respectable and respected company...and there's no time for talking in order to make money.
Yellow wastes so much time they are pathetic.
The customers already know that.
Now ya want me talking and smiling and hauling big stupid rigs and reducing our area and road guys jobs turned into UE which will eventually eat away at early morning city bids.
We're hardly gonna have any pensions if we get one at all.

Did you sue or collect workman's comp for your spine....or do you expect me to do that to myself too?
For what?

Leave me alone.
I do my job.
I waste as little time as possible because I'm sick of spending so many hours in a truck....and now you want me to take the blame if they go under if I don't friggin smile or do some other multimillion dollar branch of this 5000 department companies job?
I'm not a model.
I'm not a Boy Scout.
I'm not gonna sacrifice my body like a football player IF I can help it. I work. That's enough. I don't get an NFL salary.
Quit giving them reasons to ask for more and give us less......and maybe I'll smile.

Here's what I hear on Yellow's threads.....haul twice as much as I did for the same pay.
Road driver classifications cancelled in exchange for dock work and less weekly pay.
Quit whining if you don't like it.
Now I should be a salesman..

Believe me they're not go under because of me.
They'll go under because everybody hates them.

Doing more for less hasn't saved any of the 5000 Teamster LTL jobs ...and it ain't gonna save this one either.
I sort of understand the frustration. Change brings on new challenges. With that being said, Slave you need to calm down a bit. Do your job, punch in and punch out. Enjoy every minute that you have with your family on weekends. You’re going to get high blood pressure. I sacrificed a lot of my time with my family, didn’t get to see my daughters softball games all the time. Yes, after 42 years of driving, I’ve recently had 2 spinal surgeries also. I had to retire. With your new customers a simple hello and have a great day when you leave is sufficient. Best of luck to you.

A friend of mine is injured and going for surgery on his spine Monday.
For all of your efforts...the company hires lawyers to do their damndest to look out for themselves....not your spine.
That's your reward.
He's been doing this LTL business for 35+ years.