Corn Flakes Lives!

Yeah I do but I also drove for Nationsway so I know slow. I was once was passed by a Amish fella who laughed & waved as he blew my doors off. His horse even shook his head.
I worked casual for them around 1996 in Indy. They used to run a set to RCA in Bloomington & back with a Series 7500 Conventional. The most under powered semi tractor I ever drove. Top speed on a flat highway was 48 MPG. Thank God it was only 100 miles round trip. von.

Why are they stopping to eat/pee/whatever? Why aren't they running straight through so they can get home quicker? What's wrong with them?
It's a requirement of the logs, unlike electronic logs that require a 1/2 break, the Coop's coal fired logs need to be cleared of cinders and restoked to be legal, Big Dave gets those contraptions through one of his Moldo connections.

Oxymoron right here. CF used to give these to shippers so their claims would be less. It was said by employees that CF could crush an anvil. After I went to work there I understood why we were called Crushed Freight. :438:

crushed-freight.md.jpg
Remember laughter is good for you, otherwise you'll just cry.:19:

Last edited:
Now that is the road tractor I remember when I started at JML. Dropped and hooked many teams coming into South Kearney, N.J, terminal in the 70"s while I was a hostler in the yard. Later after I had some experience ran p&d with a little Ford cabover like Roadway had. Good little trucks to run in the metropolitan area of NJ and NY.

images.jpg
Looked like basketballs bouncing across route 22/78 in central to eastern PA.
Must've had some good bolts and fasteners to hold them together.
Probably had dents on the inside of the roof.

I have some stock ill sell you....

30199.md.jpg
There was a guy out of Mira Loma Ca. who believed the BS that CF put out in June or July 2002 how Brinko was going to turn the ship around. Poor ol teamster bought $10,000 worth of their toilet paper stock. Very sad.

Last edited:
slave, Roadway sure got their moneysworth out of those tractors. Couldn't kill them.
They don't make stuff that can't be killed anymore.
They make stuff so it dies faster for racketeers to profit.
What a shame.

And some call themselves conservatives.
What do they conserve?
And some are Progressives?
They should be called Regressives.