FedEx Freight | CORPORATE communication FEEDBACK

Just some insurance numbers, for future reference...

g3YCLHK.jpg

April Video

Mike on location at Midway

Sean Healy-SVP Intl. & Planning spoke on 18-24 month analysis & improvement to existing and future facilities for more efficient freight flow.

Claude Russ-SVP finance-CFO Spoke on Q-3 earnings, predicts "gangbuster" next quarter(s). Reiterates goal of sustainable double digit O/R.

Neil Both-VP Transportation spoke on the 40% cost of linehaul, as well as explained the purpose of Purchase Transportation in meeting goals in terms of balance & capacity. Volume services covered as well as goal (and practice) of elimination/reduction of PT in some lanes.

Shared % of PT used for balance vs % used for spikes in demand.

Finally, on Communicating effectively, the topic of preshifts. Points out that preshift topics are always available on the intranet, IN CASE YOU MISSED ONE. (no mention of actual access to suitable computers in order to do so)

Teamwork & safety completed the presentation...

As a side note, JOM's? Did anyone else notice that we did not have a JOM contest this spring? It has been racing themed in the spring and football in the fall period.

As a side note, JOM's? Did anyone else notice that we did not have a JOM contest this spring? It has been racing themed in the spring and football in the fall period.

Not sure why, but it might have something to do with the current volume of business. We were recently told that we are averaging 118k shipments/day. Considering the all time high (record) shipments in a single day were 126k, maybe there is no need/desire to spike that volume... until we can adequately handle it. Seems plausible, but I can't say for sure.

This is likely one of several reasons for the significant hiring effort that seems to be under way.

The other side of the coin is we are still tracking and being told to ask for JOM's. Not saying we shouldn't always ask but the focus has changed and perhaps it is the high volume we are at. Maybe we ran out of $5 thank you gifts.

May Video 5-11-2018

This one is out early, speaking to the transition of leadership. Mike sharing with us his confidence in his successor, John Smith.

John spoke on the goal of sustainable double digit margins, and being the technology leader. All while remaining focused on the culture of Safety (Above All), and Living PSP.

Jeff Greer SVP H/R spoke on the survey topic. Expect feedback meetings over the next month. Also, said to be a new system for planning and measuring progress on survey topics.

Mike says to look for a new look to the intranet home page. Said to be streamlined with the most useful, most accessed features, front and center. New search function should make finding info easier. (Now, if we could get functional computers to access this?)

Living PSP topic- TEAMWORK

He also thanked everyone for the support he has received during his time here. Said we have lots more to talk about between now and his retirement in August.

Per Preshift Meeting:

On the topic of Freight 20/20, which will use superior technology to achieve a more efficient and effective freight flow, while providing more accurate info to all concerned. Customers, drivers etc.

D/Rs 100 percent paperless in 2019

B/Ls goal of 40% paperless in 2019

Dimensional scanners in place at 60 centers June-July

New Handheld device (effecting city drivers): All known P/U info will be accessible to the driver. Battery life said to be 13 hours continuous (actual) use, 18 hours total, good for 400 cycles. 1-D/2-D barcode scanning capability. Voice-Text, Text-Voice feature. Photo capture. Pilot begins at select locations July, rollout complete by Jan.

6-19-18

Mike's last video?

Mike Meyers talked about QAT, focused on fuel efficiency- Idle time, speed, etc.

Matthew Thornton spoke on his transition from Express to EVP & COO at FedEx Freight

Other new SVPs named

New Diversity video shown

Improvements in safety highlighted. Most notable, lost time injuries improve 25%...

July Ducker Video 07/13/2018

Significant information in this one. As well as Mike "having some fun". As always, you really should see it for yourself...

Mike says: "The future is so bright, you'll want to wear shades."

New SVP operations, Lance Moll: FedEx Freight Direct-coming due to massive increase in e-commerce/residential demands.

Ongoing pilot programs (Omaha, Tulsa, OK City, Dallas, and Atlanta) mentioned. More info said to be coming. New skill and career advancement opportunities.

Mike mentioned: $1.7T industry. $10.8B in heavy hard to handle goods delivery.

Sean Healy moves to CEO Europe

Terry Shultz moves up from I/T to SVP planing/engineering/international. She spoke on the coming upgraded android based city driver handhelds. Beginning to roll out in July. Full roll out Oct. 2018-Feb. 2019. Said to be much improved.

Also, new handheld devices coming for dockworkers freight handlers, then road drivers.

CFO Claude Russ spoke on the 4th Quarter & FY-2018 results. All good... REALLY GOOD, as we've already discussed here. NO mention (as in the past) of the challenging effects of wage increases...

Directed us to visit the “Investor Relations” website. http://investors.fedex.com/investor-home/default.aspx

*Mike Ducker said to look for details (in the coming days) on changes to the AIC (bonus) plan for FY-2019. Said it is to be based on “Enterprise-Wide Performance”. I'm sure we'll discuss this one, as details emerge.

Also spoke of a new (no cost) financial advice workshop through Vanguard. fedex.com/financialfitness

PSP topic (Building Rapport), presented by attendees of the recent leadership conference.

Final words from Mike: "Embrace Change..."

Mike Ducker said to look for details (in the coming days) on changes to the AIC (bonus) plan for FY-2019. Said it is to be based on “Enterprise-Wide Performance”. I'm sure we'll discuss this one, as details emerge.

Final words from Mike: "Embrace Change..."
Haven’t we been through this before?? Isn’t this the way they “used” to calculate the bonus...every op-co lumped together??
If I remember correctly we always got screwed...when we were up another op-co brought us down and vice-versa.
I prefer to be stand alone and rely on ourselves...but maybe in this boom economy things will be better....

Trump DID say we’d get tired of winning!! :1036316054:

If it’s not posted “No Trucks” and they’re not at least 14 foot high, keep digging...I’ve pulled a many of phone/cable lines off the side of houses in my day!!
:smilie93c peelout:

RWQ4fYK.jpg

"So this a-hole Fedex guy kept burning' through neighborhoods tearing cables off houses. I was on the road with Foxworthy and the company kept calling me to come in and fix it. Alright, I says, git r done!!!"

If it’s not posted “No Trucks” and they’re not at least 14 foot high, keep digging...I’ve pulled a many of phone/cable lines off the side of houses in my day!!
:smilie93c peelout:

I usually at least stop when I take a line down, regardless have to fill out an accident report per policy, unless you didn't know you took one down.

Haven’t we been through this before?? Isn’t this the way they “used” to calculate the bonus...every op-co lumped together??
If I remember correctly we always got screwed...when we were up another op-co brought us down and vice-versa.
I prefer to be stand alone and rely on ourselves...but maybe in this boom economy things will be better....

Trump DID say we’d get tired of winning!! :1036316054:

I'm a little surprised that you were the only one to catch the significance of that.

Yeah, we have to wonder... With "Freight" said to be "looking so bright, you'll want to wear shades", do we really want to be judged on enterprise wide performance?

As Freight is poised to explode and while all indicators look to sustained double digit O/Rs, there seems to be only one reason to change back to enterprises wide metrics.:nono h4h: Anyone want to explain how great this change will be?

I'll wait for details, trying to "assume positive intent", before getting too deep into any critical analysis.

Every time I hear "Embrace Change..." experience tells me the shaft is just around the corner. Have not seen a video in months so thanks for the update each time.

Every time I hear "Embrace Change..." experience tells me the shaft is just around the corner. Have not seen a video in months so thanks for the update each time.
It is a "shame" that even those that want to see them are not really given the opportunity. Of course we CAN insist, but very few will do so...

As a side note, this time we were required to sign as having viewed it.