FedEx Freight | CORPORATE communication FEEDBACK

What needs to change here is when a driver be it city or road driver is out on short term disability for medical reasons his vacation pay should not be based on 52 weeks.

What needs to change here is when a driver be it city or road driver is out on short term disability for medical reasons his vacation pay should not be based on 52 weeks.
Actually the bigger question is why does management get 90% of pay for short term disability and the worker bees get 66%? Unless I misread the manual.

I'd like to know the answer to that question.

Actually the bigger question is why does management get 90% of pay for short term disability and the worker bees get 66%? Unless I misread the manual.

I'd like to know the answer to that question.
I think management actually gets 100% and worker bees get 60%. We used to have a buy up option to get 66% but that was phased out. Another issue is City Drivers are given 60% of base pay of 40 hours. Overtime is not taken into account, so the actual loss of income during disability is probably more than half of our average wage since overtime is a normal part of the job.

Last edited:
I was a little late seeing the Aug. video. This one features the official hand off to John Smith. Worth seeing and congrats to Mike!

John Smith:
1st off, Thanks to Mike for his significant contributions. Mike hinted at possible "cameo appearances", from time to time. Encouraged us to do well, his own retirement depends on it.

Spoke on 5 Keys going forward

EVP/COO-Matthew Thorton spoke of new monthly safety message & getting his own forklift certification.

M/D Learning & development-Angela Tillery spoke on the new handhelds. Look for communications/education on the topic 1 month prior to them reaching your location.

PSP topic- Dealing with change.

Chad Schrack and his charity walk across America highlighted.

* Not sure what to call these videos now. Can't call them the Ducker videos anymore. John Smith videos?

I think management actually gets 100% and worker bees get 60%. We used to have a buy up option to get 66% but that was phased out. Another issue is City Drivers are given 60% of base pay of 40 hours. Overtime is not taken into account, so the actual loss of income during disability is probably more than half of our average wage since overtime is a normal part of the job.
correct PH

Sept FedEx Freight Video w/John Smith

John on location at the National Truck Driving Championships. Also at the Freight Handling Competition. Both held in Columbus, OH.
Rare footage of the FHC event.

Living PSP: Appreciation. During employee appreciation week and always.

Matthew Thornton EVP-COO spoke on the SuperTech event.

United Way Campaign and Chad Schrack's walk across the Country.

Claude Russ SVP-CFO spoke on Q-1 earnings release. Much we already covered here. Notable is 115,800 average shipments per day. Up nearly 10k/day.

*STILL NO DETAILS ON AIC (bonus criteria). :chairshot:

John Smith: Maintain "Safety Above All".

Oct Video:

John Smith kicked it off with congrats to everyone who participated in this year's National Truck Driving Championship (NTDC), Freight Handling, and SuperTech competitions. The first time in our company history that FedEx Freight has won both NTDC and SuperTech's grand champion titles in the same year. Impressive!

Thanked all of our team members who handled the challenges of Hurricane Florence.

Introduced Dr. Marta Brown, new Managing Director of Workforce Strategy, who spoke on efficiencies in hiring process & engagement and retention. . Also spoke on the current average of 1000 new hires/mo. Double that of a year ago.

Annual Healthcare Enrollment (now closed) & Breast Cancer Awareness Month (Oct.)

COO Matthew Thornton, in Toronto, spoke on safety and also introduced John Hinckley, new VP of International.

Living PSP Theme: Quieting Your Mind. Falls in line with the "Be here Now" concept.

Concluded with Safety Above All.

*CURIOUSLY ABSENT FROM THE VIDEO, any mention of the NEW basis for the AIC bonus.

Back in the JULY video, Mike Ducker said to look for details (in the coming days) on changes to the AIC (bonus) plan for FY-2019. Said it is to be based on “Enterprise-Wide Performance”.

The quarter will end in Nov, and STILL NO MENTION OF DETAILS!!! Are we waiting on the numbers to come in, before we decide how to measure performance?

Anyone hear or see ANY details on the bonus topic. Anyone???

Don't see the videos so maybe Dr. Marta Brown should get out more. I am sure we will get the details soon. Isn't the conversion rate 1 day = 1 month in corporate speak? Anything after 12/18/18 will be suspect. Thanks for the update.

It’s good this forum exists to get information on the company I work for. My SCM doesn’t show road drivers any videos or does any preshifts. I know he does for city because I came in late the other day and he was having a meeting with everyone and they were watching a video. I appreciate all your posts @SwampRatt