FedEx Freight | CORPORATE communication FEEDBACK

Why don't they just pay you 1/52 of your last years gross!

That would still be a nice improvement for the city side. Fair, Balanced, opportunity to improve something (anything) from a city driver perspective... Only thing so far has been inclusion in the safety review committee. Oh, and that (wildly popular) sales lead feature on the Intermec :poke:

Get a new account sales lead at UPSF and the driver gets a portion of the revenue for the first 3 months. This will be the only way to get traction for the awesome new sales lead tool. And while we are on the brick issue we still do not have the option back for "Liftgate Service" that has been missing for over a year.

I for one don't have time to bs with customers and get sales leads im too busy trying to make up for the lazy drivers who can't do their jobs.

No video this month? We did get a pretty extensive pre-shift about last week's management conference, and before that, the news about the improved disqualification policy for driving infractions...

No video this month? We did get a pretty extensive pre-shift about last week's management conference, and before that, the news about the improved disqualification policy for driving infractions...

I am getting kind of tired of them patting their selves on the back anyways. Still not one change to our benefits package.

We had a video about the bonus, you did not get that one? Not a peep about the conference here.

Get a new account sales lead at UPSF and the driver gets a portion of the revenue for the first 3 months. This will be the only way to get traction for the awesome new sales lead tool. And while we are on the brick issue we still do not have the option back for "Liftgate Service" that has been missing for over a year.
That will never happen here. Look at the JOM contests, they take in millions and one lucky driver gets tickets to a nascar race, even with hotel and travel its less than 1000 dollars. Tell me they aren't laughing at us all the way to the bank!

Below is a re-post on the Sept video. The purpose being to keep info together for reference.

Ducker spoke about the challenges of growth being behind plan.

There were two guests who were interviewed.

One, a city driver out of California, who is the top performer in the "just one more" program. He spoke about is methods and general thoughts on maintaining "outstanding customer experience".

The other, a Center manager out of GSP, Mr. Noel, another top performer who has taken the lead in a program that targets accounts with the best potential for success in our system, in terms of volume/revenue and ease of (damage free) handling throughout the system.

Also announced was a customer lead contest that encourages use of the automated lead feature in the handheld (intermec) device. Top prize? All expense paid trip (for 2?) to an NFL game of your choice, I seem to recall.

I was told we're now getting the whole 30 minutes for a drop or hook, even if we only drop or hook one of our two trailers. Also, if you have to deadline your tractor, or drop it for routine maintenance at a hub, you get .25 for that. And yes, no more 30 minute surrender/penalty at meet points or vias.

Yay! Thanks Big Dave! Big Dave for President!

ST

More good news for Road drivers! :1036316054:We don't speak much about city drivers, do we? Do we have many of them, or does most freight just show up on our dock, ready to ride? :27:

The Latest Communication update/critique:

1st: More GREAT news, speaking to road drivers. The info that Silent Trucker had shared (post 69 above) a couple of weeks ago, was reiterated. Full 30min drop/hook pay, including tractor only, improved delay pay policy etc. Great time to be a road driver, at FXFE.

The city operation did get a mention. :17142: No city specific enhancement, or GPD upgrades :6817:, but we did talk about a city driver who acquired a sales lead, securing an account covering all opp-cos. This was primarily based on the effort and tactics of that city driver. Sorry, I don't recall the driver's name.

SuperTech 2015 Grand Champion, Eric Vos was interviewed by Mr. Ducker. Outstanding accomplishment Eric, and others who were part of a FedEx sweep of the top 4 positions at that competition. :1036316054:

Culture survey results show the existence of separate cultures, due to the many acquisitions. The plan going forward it to bring it together under one culture, with the PSP philosophy. "Living PSP" is the term, I seem to recall.

Disappointing Q1 earnings, and margin, down from previous year. I'm not sharing his reasons, here... They do apply to the industry as a whole.

The number of claims are down, but the amount per claim is up.

And now the good news... Bonus news, in fact.

AIC (bonus) will now be solely based on FXFE metrics. The minimum O/M for payout is 5.0%. Also, it will be awarded twice per year. The potential percentage also seems to be increased 4.5% of eligible earnings (must verify the previous max). We are currently on track for 2.12% of eligible earnings. Eligible was not defined, but would likely apply to the "reporting period", as follows...

June - Nov = payout in Jan.
Dec - May = payout in July.

RoUkXAt.jpg

Did I miss something?

Feel free to offer up constructive criticism. I don't have the time right now...

Update: The old bonus maximum payout was 3.5%, based on that same 15% operating margin. But that make the previous max payout of 3.5% easier to achieve.

Sadly, while we do appreciate the direct communication from the top, there is still no direct communication method to reply... :nono h4h:

Also, enhancements to the road driver package, while great and well deserved, seem to leave city drivers, a little disappointed (in contrast), to put it mildly. Just truth...

Anyone interested in "ideas" that the city might appreciate? Or is the city presumed to not be a significant part of this discussion? Just questions...

Last edited:
The Latest Communication update/critique:

1st: More GREAT news, speaking to road drivers. The info that Silent Trucker had shared (post 69 above) a couple of weeks ago, was reiterated. Full 30min drop/hook pay, including tractor only, improved delay pay policy etc. Great time to be a road driver, at FXFE.

The city operation did get a mention. :17142: No city specific enhancement, or GPD upgrades :6817:, but we did talk about a city driver who acquired a sales lead, securing an account covering all opp-cos. This was primarily based on the effort and tactics of that city driver. Sorry, I don't recall the driver's name.

SuperTech 2015 Grand Champion, Eric Vos was interviewed by Mr. Ducker. Outstanding accomplishment Eric, and others who were part of a FedEx sweep of the top 4 positions at that competition. :1036316054:

Culture survey results show the existence of separate cultures, due to the many acquisitions. The plan going forward it to bring it together under one culture, with the PSP philosophy. "Living PSP" is the term, I seem to recall.

Disappointing Q1 earnings, and margin, down from previous year. I'm not sharing his reasons, here... They do apply to the industry as a whole.

The number of claims are down, but the amount per claim is up.

And now the good news... Bonus news, in fact.

AIC (bonus) will now be solely based on FXFE metrics. The minimum O/M for payout is 5.0%. Also, it will be awarded twice per year. The potential percentage also seems to be increased 4.5% of eligible earnings (must verify the previous max). We are currently on track for 2.12% of eligible earnings. Eligible was not defined, but would likely apply to the "reporting period", as follows...

June - Nov = payout in Jan.
Dec - May = payout in July.

RoUkXAt.jpg

Did I miss something?

Feel free to offer up constructive criticism. I don't have the time right now...

Thought you would like the aic updates......I know we have discussed that topic on a couple od different occasions.......jus got to keep our OR up to ensure they are impactful....

Sadly, while we do appreciate the direct communication from the top, there is still no direct communication method to reply... :nono h4h:

Also, enhancements to the road driver package, while great and well deserved, seem to leave city drivers, a little disappointed (in contrast), to put it mildly. Just truth...

Anyone interested in "ideas" that the city might appreciate? Or is the city presumed to not be a significant part of this discussion? Just questions...

Lots of methods sir......just keep putting your thoughts out there on as many as possible. I don't think the aic changes were just driven by a sudden epiphany by someone at a desk. I certainly enjoy reading your thoughts. Off the top of my head, one that I have found the most intriguing and feasible on the surface are the ideas you had on city driver vacation pay and it being restructured to resemble how the road works......

Patience is a virtue, so is tenacity.....

Thought you would like the aic updates......I know we have discussed that topic on a couple od different occasions.......jus got to keep our OR up to ensure they are impactful....
Yeah, I do appreciate the enhancement to the bonus (AIC) process. The criteria is certainly better than it once was, IMHO, including less variables. We are also half way back to the quarterly payout. In truth, this biannual method is probably better than quarterly. 6 months lessens the risk of no payout in any reporting period, I think.

We'll certainly talk about possible (and needed) enhancements to the city side of the operation... Stay tuned. :stirthepot:

In light of the many enhancements recently enacted for the road drivers, perhaps increasing the 10 min break to 15 minutes would be in order. :idunno:

My research shows that almost half of the current 10min break is eaten up, just running in to grab a drink and a pack of crackers. 4.1 min, on average. That only leaves 5.9 minutes of actual down time. Not really much of a break. :onthego: