Averitt | Corporate: Please turn our truck washes on 24/7.

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
As our trucks get older they require more frequent washing. My Volvo is starting to sling oil onto the back of the cab. Well oil attracts dirt, and it snowballs.Not tot mention the thousands of bugs that lose their lives each night on my windshield. Plus clean trucks are less likely to be inspected at truck scales or by random roadside inspections. I'm ok with putting more miles on our units, but let's try to keep them looking as new as possible. For years our tractors were one of the cleanest units in the industry, not anyone, our competition is kicking our butts on vehicle appearance. I have yet to see a company car as filthy as most of our tractors. Our OR is down, now let's please consider turning the wash on. I know in KNX our wash is turned on on Fridays when day shift shop comes in. Well several of us are off duty and home by then, so at least have night shift turn them on at Midnight on Thursday/ Friday morning.

Quoted from the Rant thread from me, "If I see a nasty truck running down the road it is a reflection on that driver, not his company. I have seen ragged out, faded out, fiberglass flopping older units running down the with clean windows, shiney wheels and even though it had seen it's better days it makes me think that the driver is making the best with what he has to work with. Just my bias red blooded company loving opinion."

It would appear you are more "company loving" than the company...just imagine how much money they are saving by limiting the wash days. More money to buy new trucks which I have seen streaming thru the system...

Well ICE, I'll just repeat a message I've had said to me many times over the course of my time at AVERITT.....YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT!!!!!!::wavey:

I'm sure most have noticed- that travel through, ever since those secada's (not spelled correctly i'm sure) were out nas has been open 24/7, though that is subject to change as always

I couldnt care less if they are ever washed. They can get as nasty as SAIA's for all I care.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

True. They don't want to give us a long overdue raise so I dont care yo give their wore out truck a much overdue bath.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

At estes I always took care of my truck. Paid for washes myself , same with Fedex but we have wash bays that are open 24/7 . So no more out of pocket money. Too each and their own.

Yours was one of the few that were clean. Most Estes trucks are very nasty and the black shows dirt really bad.

I see the Knx truck wash is open on a tuesday someone must have a friend in Cookville...I wonder if his name begins with "Ice" and ends with "Man"...

I do have to say Knx has the best wash in our system. The power wand actually has soap coming out of it...got my red truck red again LOL...

DAL rebuilt it's wash bay a while back but it still is pathetic. Not much more than a heavy rain shower but still better than what it was originally. Heck, this is when it is open. HOU has a wash. It has issues as well....soap spray heads broken, clogged, improperly aimed, etc. An entire bank of spray heads was deliberately disabled. When it was first installed, it was a one of a kind and it did a great job. But there were a couple of Forrest Gumps that drove through it and tore it up. They had no choice but to modify it and from that day forward, it is the same, if not worse, than DAL.

We have a hose, bucket and a brush away from the wash bay. Basically this is to clean the bugs off the windshield, mirrors and side windows. But then along comes supertrucker and he proceeds to scrub his tractor from top to bottom, frame rails, who knows what. This nice brush, for the last week, has been covered with grease. Fill the bucket with soap and the grease on the brush dissolves the soap when it should be the other way around. The white bucket has a black film on the inside. Therefore, I carry my own brush. No I am not cab scrubbing, just window cleaning.

Do those of you that like scrubbing on the frame rails, rear end housings, etc, enjoy screwing up the brushes for the rest of us? Do you enjoy riding down the road on a rainy night and having your wiper blades smear the greasy residue left over from a brush that is grease laden? To the driver that did this I want to say a special thank you. You are a jerk of the highest degree. I know you will never see this because most likely he has a very limited reading ability.

I have my own brush also LTL. I usually just run it thru the wash with out scrubbing but about every 2-3 months I'll get the brush out and scrub it down it usually takes about 15 minutes to do it...