cost of driver benefits and vacation time

ericgrz1

TB Lurker
Credits
i was hoping someone could please let me know how much the medical benefits cost for a driver working at Sysco Cleveland for family, and how the vacation time works.

thankyou

Stay away from Sysco Cleveland, far away.

Why? I could tell you the bad and good about my opco and one other but IDK about Cleveland, so that makes me curious!

Do tell johndeere, there are several on here that may be looking at Cleveland and could benefit from the info!

Thanks Sir!

Why? I could tell you the bad and good about my opco and one other but IDK about Cleveland, so that makes me curious!

Do tell johndeere, there are several on here that may be looking at Cleveland and could benefit from the info!

Thanks Sir!

Well they have the same problems as the other opco's, terrible loading pallets not zoned right, trailers full to the door, 14 hours every day. But they're management is out if control they treat people their pretty bad, and the union does nothing, every time you call them they say they have no control over that. You will be a fill driver in the beginning which is a terrible life around there, the turnover rate is pretty high so
You should move up pretty fast but it isn't worth it. Oh sense you asked about Benifits, you have to wait 39 weeks for them to kick in, that's the unions policy not Sysco. I worked there 9 months the work wasn't bad, there is a lot of unnecessary work but if you decent to the customers the delivery part isn't to bad. The management is just unreasonable to deal with.

Well they have the same problems as the other opco's, terrible loading pallets not zoned right, trailers full to the door, 14 hours every day. But they're management is out if control they treat people their pretty bad, and the union does nothing, every time you call them they say they have no control over that. You will be a fill driver in the beginning which is a terrible life around there, the turnover rate is pretty high so
You should move up pretty fast but it isn't worth it. Oh sense you asked about Benifits, you have to wait 39 weeks for them to kick in, that's the unions policy not Sysco. I worked there 9 months the work wasn't bad, there is a lot of unnecessary work but if you decent to the customers the delivery part isn't to bad. The management is just unreasonable to deal with.

Thank you, the union can't control how Sysco loads, the 39 weeks is what was negotiated so I guess the company really wanted that one, its give and take, last contract they negotiated us way down on starting pay, now I bet they wish they didn't, because we can't hire a soul, everyone else in town starts higher and don't work a person near as hard!

The union will enforce the contract, not a jerk mgr, we have them and as long as they don't violate the contract, they are free to be an ass, same as me.

Thank you, the union can't control how Sysco loads, the 39 weeks is what was negotiated so I guess the company really wanted that one, its give and take, last contract they negotiated us way down on starting pay, now I bet they wish they didn't, because we can't hire a soul, everyone else in town starts higher and don't work a person near as hard!

The union will enforce the contract, not a jerk mgr, we have them and as long as they don't violate the contract, they are free to be an ass, same as me.

You should slip over to the Fedex page and tell them the union can't fix everything I know you are a union supporter because of Sysco and believe me I couldn't imagine the Sysco house I worked at with out the union but I think some people are a little disillusioned about what the Teamsters can really do. Speaking of union's, I'm not asking anything specific about your individual pension, but how is your pension funded. When I was leaving Sysco they were pulling out of central sates and going to a 401K I think but I'm a little fuzzy on the subject.

You should slip over to the Fedex page and tell them the union can't fix everything I know you are a union supporter because of Sysco and believe me I couldn't imagine the Sysco house I worked at with out the union but I think some people are a little disillusioned about what the Teamsters can really do. Speaking of union's, I'm not asking anything specific about your individual pension, but how is your pension funded. When I was leaving Sysco they were pulling out of central sates and going to a 401K I think but I'm a little fuzzy on the subject.
We've got a "situation" at the house I work at so I can't help but reply exactly the same as I tell anyone here who asks me about it:

The union's not a magic pill, the Teamsters don't have a magic wand, and the job will still be hard with a union. Your loads will still stink and the hours will still be long.
What they can do is give you the ability to negotiate for what you want instead of simply taking whatever the Company sees fit to give you. What you have will be guaranteed in writing and can't be taken away on a whim without a vote. Your seniority will count for something, even if you're not one of the favorites. Rights and responsibilities for both parties will be spelled out. You'll know what you have to do, and you'll know what the Company can and cannot do.

All non-union houses are 401K only with automatic Company contribution regardless of your contribution. Not 100% sure but I believe that the union houses pulled out of Central States and now are part of the Sysco pension that the non-union houses used to have.

We've got a "situation" at the house I work at so I can't help but reply exactly the same as I tell anyone here who asks me about it:

The union's not a magic pill, the Teamsters don't have a magic wand, and the job will still be hard with a union. Your loads will still stink and the hours will still be long.
What they can do is give you the ability to negotiate for what you want instead of simply taking whatever the Company sees fit to give you. What you have will be guaranteed in writing and can't be taken away on a whim without a vote. Your seniority will count for something, even if you're not one of the favorites. Rights and responsibilities for both parties will be spelled out. You'll know what you have to do, and you'll know what the Company can and cannot do.

All non-union houses are 401K only with automatic Company contribution regardless of your contribution. Not 100% sure but I believe that the union houses pulled out of Central States and now are part of the Sysco pension that the non-union houses used to have.

Thanks, I wasn't really trying to hijack this board into union nonunion there is enough of that on the other board sorry I took it that way. As far as the pension I knew they were pulling out of central states I couldn't remember what they went.

I'm not going to give the guys at FXF anything but support, you just can't reach some guys...as for the pension mine is company funded, its a 10 yr plan and a good one, shame I ain't gonna make it that long.