XPO | Cost of living raise???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard everything from none to 1.00 or more... But realistically I'd guess .50-.70 on the hour... I doubt there will be an increase in health insurance premiums this year as there has been no credible talk about increasing it... If they were considering it I'd bet you'd see some videos and papers coming out breaking down the massive amount the company pays on our health premiums to "soften the blow" if it were being increased....

Mozartsghost said:
I have heard everything from none to 1.00 or more... But realistically I'd guess .50-.70 on the hour... I doubt there will be an increase in health insurance premiums this year as there has been no credible talk about increasing it... If they were considering it I'd bet you'd see some videos and papers coming out breaking down the massive amount the company pays on our health premiums to "soften the blow" if it were being increased....
If they don't keep up with the people next door,The people in our house will go to their party.This company is having a really hard time keeping and getting drivers.That's one of the big thing's they talk about at YES.

gfy said:
If they don't keep up with the people next door,The people in our house will go to their party.This company is having a really hard time keeping and getting drivers.That's one of the big thing's they talk about at YES.

Let's hope that translates into a very, very good raise.... After it was another record Profit year and is shaping up to be another one...

Don't your raises usually fall in line with what the NMFA pays? We got 55 cents. I would think you would be close to that right?

CFer said:
Don't your raises usually fall in line with what the NMFA pays? We got 55 cents. I would think you would be close to that right?
the way morral is right now, they need to put their money where their mouth is and blow that .55 out of the water. but they prolly won't.

CFer said:

Usually they post it in mid May and it goes into effect the first full week of June.

As for a raise this year, let us say that it will be between zero to one dollar. It all depends on what the figures are when the dust settles. With the accounting firm that this corporation has, it is anyones quess. What is that old saying, something about figures lie? Speaking of accounting, something that some people need to check out, http:www.sec.gov under release numbers lr-17127--lr-19191--lr-19416--admin. file number-3-11714, just to get you started. Not to also mention another fine of 456 million 8-26-05. I do not want them to balance my checkbook, I`ll be in worse shape than I am now. Obviously we will get a raise this year, it all depends on how creative our book keepers are with the figures. So what do you say? 55-65-75-maybe 85? Let us hope for the best.

History has usually shown somewhere between 2-4% increase. Being how inflation has hit the upper scale this year, i would predict something along the lines of 4%.

Dude-PWB- said:
History has usually shown somewhere between 2-4% increase. Being how inflation has hit the upper scale this year, i would predict something along the lines of 4%.
Have we ever seen a 4%?

gfy said:
Have we ever seen a 4%?

I believe last year was 3.5% so i could conceivably see it being 4% this year. IF we don't see 4%, I could see inflation out-pacing us by the end of the year, there has been a 10% increase in fuel alone since this time last year. But that also means increased cost for the company as well. It will be interesting to see, any increase will be good, 4% would be top shelf though I would assume. I'm not a mathematician, but I have noticed that our increases have been out-pacing inflation the last couple years, which in my books, is money in my pocket.

Dude-PWB- said:
I believe last year was 3.5% so i could conceivably see it being 4% this year. IF we don't see 4%, I could see inflation out-pacing us by the end of the year, there has been a 10% increase in fuel alone since this time last year. But that also means increased cost for the company as well. It will be interesting to see, any increase will be good, 4% would be top shelf though I would assume. I'm not a mathematician, but I have noticed that our increases have been out-pacing inflation the last couple years, which in my books, is money in my pocket.
I don't think we have ever seen even 3% in the years I have been here.Were lawofone when We need him.He knows all this stuff.

gfy said:
I don't think we have ever seen even 3% in the years I have been here.Were lawofone when We need him.He knows all this stuff.

Well, I'm talking canuckbux, so the precentages could be a little off, plus I'm in a zone, so we don't get paid as much as you barndawgs.

Dude-PWB- said:
Well, I'm talking canuckbux, so the precentages could be a little off, plus I'm in a zone, so we don't get paid as much as you barndawgs.
really,How Do you zone guys get paid and how much.

gfy said:
really,How Do you zone guys get paid and how much.

Well, we get (in canuckistan) around $2.00 less per hour, unless you are on linhaul, then it's all the same. But, we are 'guaranteed' (no pun intended) 8x5=40/wk. I haven't seen a 40 hour week since I started, but that's how it works with us.

Dude-PWB- said:
Well, we get (in canuckistan) around $2.00 less per hour, unless you are on linhaul, then it's all the same. But, we are 'guaranteed' (no pun intended) 8x5=40/wk. I haven't seen a 40 hour week since I started, but that's how it works with us.

The 40Hr Guarantee must be nice... But the pay cut doesn't seem fair (in my opinion)

Dude-PWB- said:

they tack on fuel surcharges just like any other company, so the fuel deal is not hurting them as much as they percieve it to....

Status
Not open for further replies.