R&L | Cost of living / Sick days / 401K matching.....any news????

city-driver

TB Lurker
Credits
Well it's been just about six months since our sick days, 401k matching were taken away. I'm just wondering if, or when, the powers that be would be at least posting a memo to let us know what is going on. We were told that they would come under quarterly consideration. Now I may be just a dumb truck driver, but I do believe that two quarters have come and gone since last November. Yet nary a wisper I hear from up top.

Thats true but they also have yet to tell us that they are not doing a cost of living either so I'm not surprised.I guess they figure if they don't say anything maybe well forget all about it. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It's really a shame the way they are treating us these last couple of years. Just this week our terminal is losing another good driver that is feed up with the s***. The last sales meeting we had the sales manager told us that R+L had a great year last year. tonnage was up, bill count was good and we made a good profit. Then when we asked about getting our days back all we got was "ummm's" and "ahhh's" it sounded like an Obama speech. Needless to say we did'nt get an answer.

My 5 yr was my last increase too.The next year was last year when they froze the cost of living.I find it funny when the sales people come in and tell you how things are picking up then the TM comes in and tells you how bad it is in the same meeting.

[quote author=citydriver link=topic=79421.msg823653#msg823653 date=1271901965]
It's really a shame the way they are treating us these last couple of years. Just this week our terminal is losing another good driver that is feed up with the s***. The last sales meeting we had the sales manager told us that R+L had a great year last year. tonnage was up, bill count was good and we made a good profit. Then when we asked about getting our days back all we got was "ummm's" and "ahhh's" it sounded like an Obama speech. Needless to say we did'nt get an answer.
[/quote]hey if ya"ll where watch george bush like obama an't tell where we will be

[[/quote]hey if ya"ll where watch george bush like obama an't tell where we will be
[/quote]

What'd he say??? :nono:

No increase for top rate drivers but there was an increase on the top rate of combo drivers.I fear they will eventually try to do away with the original R+L drivers still.It just makes sense that they will continue to embrace the lower wage and we will sadly be in the way.Ill bet they wont like whats coming from the Ct govt soon either.It looks like real soon we will have a bill that will force Companies with more than 50 employees to give sick days( up to 40 hrs) to their employees.

Either things are different out west, or maybe you don't understand how the combo scale works. From what i understand they have full bidding rights and eventually go into R&L's scale. THere is at least two drivers here that are friends of mine that started combo and bidded on runs. One received it and one is still waiting. THe one that did not receive it just simply got outbid by a higher senority person. I would ask some questions before you lose sleep. We have been told many times out here that all combo drivers have bidding rights and can bid on any run and eventually when they get enough time will be at top rl scale. Like I said, I know one personally that started combo that is on the same pay scale as me. I get nervous too in the crazy ltl world but I don't worry about this much. Most carriers out west have a casual start pay that turns into a long term scale.

The "wage freeze" is smoke and mirrors. I can tell you for a fact that some office people like customer service, billing, collections, ect are still getting the "cost of living" raises when their yearly comes around. :chairshot:

I wouldn't be surprised if thats true.They seem to like making money on the backs of the drivers but take,take,take from them too.Ive been so tired lately from the amount of work we have been doing lately.