TForce | cost of medicine

greenbean

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone else noticed the cost of their meds. have gone up? What we paid 40.00 is now 50.00. Also certain other medication has to be pre authorized by medco for the 90 day supply

Yes, we now pay a percentage instead of the flat co-pay. I have also noticed that some of our meds have gone down. In the past the ones that were cheaper than the copay, they would still charge the full amount of the co-pay instead.

BusterNite said:
I try not to look at the costs anymore. Other wise I will have to start ordering prozac!!!! Mail in order of course.
Yeah might want to level off with a couple of vallium.

I caught the tail end of a news report on the radio last week that Wal-mart was only going to be charging $4.00 for medications?
Sorry I didn't get more details.
But the $4.00 did get my attention.
Maybe some one else on the truckingboards knows more about this story?

Apostolic said:
I caught the tail end of a news report on the radio last week that Wal-mart was only going to be charging $4.00 for medications?
Hey Apo........here's what I could find. DS.

Thanks a lot Docksteward,this is what I heard,except I thought it was all the Wal-marts everywhere.
Well we can only hope they will put this program in place at all of the rest of their stores.
I could really use a break up here in the cold north of New York State.
Thanks again for digging up this news story.

Apostolic said:
I saw this news broadcast. Most of the drugs they will be selling are the low cost low end drugs. The drugs that they will sell are the same price at all your local pharmacys.

Thanks for bursting that bubble BusterNite.
Here I was hoping Wally-World was really going to do something nice for all of us older Americans.
So thank you my posting friend for bringing me out of my dream world, back to reality.

Apostolic said:
Thanks for bursting that bubble BusterNite.
Here I was hoping Wally-World was really going to do something nice for all of us older Americans.
So thank you my posting friend for bringing me out of my dream world, back to reality.
Im with ya Apo. When I saw this on the news it cought my attention. Then the rest of the story was told. Its just to lure more shoppers in for that one stop shopping. But in the end the news story claimed that their would be no big savings here.