XPO | Could be misunderstood

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
I think there are a lot of good quality drivers here at ConWay. My message on Jeff's thread could be miscontrued as it not being so.

My stance is that ConWay has managed to stay afloat in spite of missteps by management because the drivers are doing good jobs. I apologise to everyone for my statement sounding like I didn't think of you as great drivers.

Advertisement is good for every business, it's needed in order to get business, get the word out there. But I'd rather the truth be put out there and I personally felt the ad about saving fuel, going green, etc. wasn't quite up to par after hearing some of the talk of the drivers and how they are actually using more fuel. But this article was about good drivers and I misread it. I made a mistake and will take my thumps for it. Again, I'm really sorry about it.

Right on Conway :1036316054: You guys are :thumbsup:

Now I'll go and give myself a :chairshot: for misreading the post to begin with and posting before thinking!!

LOL!! No probably not and I'm gonna admit but DON'T tell my tired driver, that I jump the gun sometimes. ... BUT NOT OFTEN mind you!! :hysterical: When I talk to my husband give my opinion to him, I'm NEVER wrong!! :funky:

I'm sure it is not the first time he was misunderstood by a woman.....LOL:hide:

no worries tired I thought the same thing when I read that thread ( false advertisement on the fuel) As far as the drivers WE ARE THE BEST! We keep the 4.7 billion dollar company running like clockwork. Now I might here from the two shop guys, or a manager on how sorry we are, but don`t you beleive it. I haven`t see them out on a nice icy day with winds blowing at hurricane force in awhile, nor will I. :TR10driving03::USA::USA::soapbox:

I just didn't want the guys to get the wrong impression. I think sometimes we read so much negativity that we are trained to SEE it when we read something (just the title in my case) and then respond in the wrong way.

That part of the reason I'll post something wacky, funny or crazy. To ease the tension and the guys have a smile that their wife will love to see or girlfriend. OR both LOL!!

Pretty much every part is needed and all are important in their way: Drivers, salesmen, secretary, accounting, FOS, mechanics. But fighting and disrespect within the company hurts the morale. As far as what they do, what conditions they go under to get their job done and who the customer actually sees, I think it's the drivers that are the foundation of their company. And the rest take care of what he brings in (freight and money). All is needed to keep it rolling. Too bad so many companies become too top heavy and the top eat up too much of the money!

No apology necessary...everyone DOES have the right to their opinion...and I do appreciate your humorous posts, and the pictures that come along with them...the drivers will always be the heart and soul of this company, but truth be known, if every driver in this company acted like the heart and soul, we would have less problems and less rules...beatdowns are ALWAYS the result of some negative trend, so imagine if everyone just came and did the right thing every day...management makes mistakes everyday, hell, I make mistakes every day...they tell me that by turning my tractor down I will be buring less emissions and polluting less...OK, I thought, but by turning my tractor down, I will be polluting for 12 minutes longer in each direction..Won't I..?? So where's the advantage, I wonder..Saving fuel..?? well, it makes sense...I am using less fuel, for sure, but my city partner idols the hell out of the vehicle all day, especially when it's hot out, so it almost defeats the purpose...we all should take credit for the good, and we need to share the blame for the bad...we all have 100% of the responsibility for the results....all of us...maybe we just do a better job out west of communicating with each other on a more positive level...
Don't be too hard on yourself, your heart (and soul) is in the right place...

Thanks, but I felt that I did need to apologise.

As for idling the truck all day, how can he do that?? It's set to shut down, right??

And as for having all drivers that care, as long as the company hires more :butt kiss: then it's not going to happen.

My husband gets out there, gets the job done, calls once in a while to gripe (no, it's not a daily thing) but he gets the job done.

He once broke down about an hour from a terminal behind him and FAC was another hour in front of him. Called in and FOS were trying to figure it out and take care of the dock at the same time. My husband said call terminal behind me and get me another tractor and wrecker. Send from the FAC a driver with my freight I need to take back and meet here.

So he gets the new tractor, wrecker gets there, FAC driver gets my driver's freight and my driver gets back to his own terminal. All on time. He got a letter, handshake, and acknowledgement. But at home he acted like getting that done was all in a day's (or night rather) work.

Believe me, my husband has a gripe, he doesn't just tell me about it, whatever TM he has at that moment learns real quick that when he comes into the office and shuts the door (if he waits that long to talk to the TM) then it's about to :Flame-On: get hot in there LOL!! He's not a talk about someone behind their back person, he's gonna get face to face. :hide:

No apology necessary...everyone DOES have the right to their opinion...and I do appreciate your humorous posts, and the pictures that come along with them...the drivers will always be the heart and soul of this company, but truth be known, if every driver in this company acted like the heart and soul, we would have less problems and less rules...beatdowns are ALWAYS the result of some negative trend, so imagine if everyone just came and did the right thing every day...management makes mistakes everyday, hell, I make mistakes every day...they tell me that by turning my tractor down I will be buring less emissions and polluting less...OK, I thought, but by turning my tractor down, I will be polluting for 12 minutes longer in each direction..Won't I..?? So where's the advantage, I wonder..Saving fuel..?? well, it makes sense...I am using less fuel, for sure, but my city partner idols the hell out of the vehicle all day, especially when it's hot out, so it almost defeats the purpose...we all should take credit for the good, and we need to share the blame for the bad...we all have 100% of the responsibility for the results....all of us...maybe we just do a better job out west of communicating with each other on a more positive level...
Don't be too hard on yourself, your heart (and soul) is in the right place...

well, ***-kissers exsist everywhere, I suppose...but we don't get alot of that out here either....at least on the surface...seems like most people are pretty focused...
I have said before that it appears that region or location seems to play a big part in it, because we don't seem to have all the animosity out west that is occuring in other areas...perhaps if your husband spent a night out here with us he would agree...managers manage, fos' supervise (some better than others, to be sure) and we all manage a smile and a hello each night...everyone understands their responsibility and it's almost mechanical..but with a personality...*****es, gripes, complaints, absolutely...but it just appears that we have them on a much smaller level in the west...and the results are good out here, so we MIGHT be doing something right..

He loves the FAC he goes to. Nothing but praise for them. As for his own terminal, he is good friends with 2, gets along great with all but 3 of the others. Not that they fight, but they are cordial for the most part. They are get along pretty good but not close buddies as it was when CSW first opened up here.

It does seem to be in certain areas. I've wondered sometimes if it's a case of 'birds of a feather flock together', people hiring others like themselves and it makes for a miserable place to work.

My daughter worked for SRT for a year and in some of the areas there it was good area to work in but a certain supervisor would cause misery wherever she went. Misery loves company. Maybe my daughter should have gotten one of those shirts for the supervisor that said: IF I'M NOT HAPPY, THEN YOU AREN'T HAPPY. (and in small letters below) And don't expect me to ever be happy!!