Covenant trucking

After witnessing some covenant drivers not very capable of BACKING TO DOCKS, I've concluded that they're simply REJECTS of other Freight Carriers, which is sad because covenant isn't exactly a well respected carrier being in class with some other well known and less liked carriers.
I watched one (his wife or whoever claimed he had been driving for years yet she failed to mention he is a FORWARD driver) for almost 1 hour attempt to get to a dock that wasn't very difficult for a Driver WITH PATIENCE and knows how to Get Out And LOOK.
He kept whinging about the dock is too tight and too small.
We moved a Combo to give this professor more room and still he had problems.
We told him that since he considered this dock too small, to not be alarmed at the destination, which is considerably WORSE.

Another earlier time, one hero showed up and couldn't figure out HOW to back up.
The owner of the company I work at had to back this idiots Combo to load him so he and his simple mind would LEAVE.

Pretty BAD when a company doesn't teach their drivers how to drive, but hey, that's the newbies we're seeing.

Update:
covenant again wins the we'll hire the most incompetent people we can find award.
Yesterday I witnessed a buffoon who had about 1 month road experience (he was with another "professional" with a whopping 2 months road time), attempting many times, backing to the same dock that other covenant winners have done.
After about 30 minutes of getting all attempts WRONG, he finally Got Out And LOOKED, not that it made any difference.

If a person cannot get hired by covenant or usa truck, there are no further options.

We were told yesterday by a customer that covenant would be delivering this a.m., as usual truck recently pinged in Tennessee.
ON TIME pick up and delivery with covenant = cant (locate most customers), (lost) cove, coven (of misdirection), :452:(reliable service), non (concern), none (on time), not (worth calling), oven (of burnt offerings), (drivers that often) vent.

Last edited by a moderator:
GREETINGS ALL,

Since I am working with a large air freight company, we get to deal with many covenant drivers as well the aligned company of u. s. express.
SOME of the covenant drivers actually are friendly while most appear disgruntled or just plain irritated/aggravated.

Every Driver Started Somewhere.

CHEERS!!