FedEx Freight | COVID Pay

Correct. Down to 40hrs max since the CDC revamped guidelines.

However, you're off for 5 days. Weekends count, but not paid. So, test positive on a Friday,
Off days being Saturday and Sunday,.....

Wait till Sunday to test positive.

You might want to check again, I believe they brought it down to 5 days or 40 hours, like I said, don’t quote me on it!
We were told that it's 5 days per occurrence but you still get up to 80 hours, so if your sick a second time you get paid. After 80 hours your on your own.

In reality it’s all pretty stupid. What are we supposed to do run and get a test every time we get a runny nose or cough and sneeze? Not me I’m not going to test until I am actually really sick. Well guess what at that point it’s pretty damn pointless as if you test positive you have probably already infected people. We are all getting it sooner or later guaranteed. All ridiculous.

In reality it’s all pretty stupid. What are we supposed to do run and get a test every time we get a runny nose or cough and sneeze? Not me I’m not going to test until I am actually really sick. Well guess what at that point it’s pretty damn pointless as if you test positive you have probably already infected people. We are all getting it sooner or later guaranteed. All ridiculous.
I have never been tested and never will be.

Just talked with Monique Chloe HR rep for the St.Louis district and covid pay reset to 80 hours at the 1st of the year and is still being paid at your vacation rate. She did say this was not company announced. She also said that any employee who needs covid pay must contact their regional HR representative. Also if you go beyond the 80 hrs you can file for short term disability. The form for disability has to be completed by a Physician.

Just talked with Monique Chloe HR rep for the St.Louis district and covid pay reset to 80 hours at the 1st of the year and is still being paid at your vacation rate. She did say this was not company announced. She also said that any employee who needs covid pay must contact their regional HR representative. Also if you go beyond the 80 hrs you can file for short term disability. The form for disability has to be completed by a Physician.
Another FedEx benefit that people don’t know about is $500 will be paid to any vaccinated employee that has a “breakthrough” case of Covid that requires treatment.

Last edited:
So if we have used our 80 in last 2 years, we now have another 80?