FedEx Freight | Cpi #s are starting to catch up to reality.

It does not matter.

The CPI Index is specifically massaged to keep inflation at zero. Things on that list has been swapped out several times in the last 10 years or so to mask true inflation.

Remember the higher CPI, the more Mandatory Amounts are paid to VA, SSA and so on every month.

They say this month we are on track for 5.4% CPI. At this rate a 10% COLA increase in October will be a bit over 100 dollars additional a month. With Sirloin steaks now a 30.00 a pair where I buy them several times a month, I consider the true inflation in excess of 20%.

I still do not care if steaks are 50.00 a pair. I'll still buy them. What that will do to COLA? oh boy.

I recall 1981 perfectly. The inflation ran away that year. The Fed increase the base rate to 20% which ended inflation. Then created a situation that we needed two years before people would come to the bar and do some partying again with spending money.

Prior to that you could get checking accounts that paid 15% interest. After that they don't pay a damn thing.

We have been cash for years.

5 to 6% will mean three times the normal monthly increase in income. The last time we had something that big was about 1980 where it was roughly a 15% CPI. That was after the Fed took the Prime Rate to 20% to get that inflation stopped.

And they did.

In terms of work, that stopped too. For a while anyhow. Social Security might not be around after roughly 2029 at all. There is no money in the Trust Fund after that year. Whats really amazing is that all the other Mandatory Title Outlays are not backed by a trust fund like SSA is. The Treasury will just have to come up with the imaginary money.

A example.

The game of monopoly. When the economy gets too big and there isnt any money in the bank. Players used a ledger pad to see who owes whom how much. Over a few turns around the board the numbers become so grotesque that you could use maybe 10 games worth of monopoly dollar bills to get both players back into cash.

Then its Erased when one lands on Baltic Ave with 10 hotels on it with that much multiplier in rent.

CONSUMER PRICE INDEX – AUGUST 2021

"The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 0.3 percent in
August on a seasonally adjusted basis after rising 0.5 percent in July, the U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months, the all items
index increased 5.3 percent
before seasonal adjustment."
Its a hell of alot more than that. Remember CPI is designed to issue a VERY LOW NUMBER. SO that uncle sam pays hardly nothing.

IF a CPI was in a can of soup its more than doubled. If its in the steak its almost tripled.

A subway foot long sub with all the fixings to it is almost 20 dollars now. Not too many years ago you could have it for 10. In fact you probably can buy 12 dollars in this and that, haul it home and make your own subs now which is one of the reasons why Subway does not have very many people coming there anymore.

We had a meal for two at the Little Rock Petro. For us its a form of remembering our time in Trucking. That meal came to just a little over 40 some dollars with tips. The cook and staff did a good job but one was hauled to hospital in front of us for heart issues trying to do the work of three. We will find out if she survived when we visit there again soon. This time with 60.00 in our pockets for that meal.

No wonder trucking is busted. There is not enough money in it for that kind of spending for three meals a day. Thats impossible.