FedEx Freight | Cpi up 8.5%,boyos.

No F-bdy Bs

TB Veteran
Credits
That, coupled with outliner inflation means its costing you and your family an average of 11% MORE than this time last year, just to exist in this world.

That one, $1 item last year now costs you $1.11.
I don't think most of you realize how impactful that is.

Also, all the talk about inflation slowing.
Remember, inflation may slow, but it doesn't GO DOWN!
You're stuck with it costing you 11% more to exist day to day.
Forever.

Make SURE you get a chance to do your questionnaire. Pay was stagnant 3 years ago, now it's falling off a bottomless cliff.

Perfect.

In the late 70's when we had that hit our Business in the family everything stopped. Then in the early 80's it hurt the family trucking as well. Which was pretty much it anyway. Poof.

In those days the Fed increased base rate to something like 20% so your bank accounts paid in the realm of 15 to 25% depending on what it was made of and hoe much. Mortgages were 19% on up for houses. Cars were 15% Tax rate for one relative was effectively 90% however he sunk everything into what the USA issued in Bonds then I think they were the old EE Bonds. Long since taken out of circulation. So he made that back and then some.

Social security, VA checks increaased by as much at 15% cola annually. In fact in the economic crisis in inflation early 1950's they DOUBLED social Security checks. It was one of only two times they ever did that.

The more the inflation hits the better it will be roughly 2029 to 2034ish time frame. At that point SSA will be out of money and will mandatory and automatically by law cut all checks cut by a minimum of 26% to everyone. Especially seniors. Assuming 5 to 15% inflation increases until mid to late 20's the 26% cut will not be too much of a problem.

The danger is that SSA might essentially go poof. Robbing the current workers of adult age their retirement and disability etc that they paid into.

Pensions and State, Federal Government has their own retirement and are out of the SSA system for the most part. Railroads as well. You can have railroad or SSA but not both.

And thats the bill going into the House soon to vote. The eliminating of the pension offset and the other benefits offset to your SSA in the future. You will be able to double triple or even quad dip all those checks due you in retirement etc.

That will eliminate SSA faster and earlier than 2033.

Part two.

The Fed today is making noise about slamming brakes by big rate increases. something like 0.25%, 0.50% or even 1% increase in interest rate base.

Thats essentially theater. Bullshit for those who dont know anything. Noise and fury. Thats not raising rates to fight inflation.

Suppose the Fed repeated the 1980 scenario and increased rates to 20% base. Your credit card monthly bill will jump from 8% all the way to damn near 30% interest. Your sub prime credit card and debtors will see interest rates beyond 50%

The Government will be forced to pay out mandatory outflows that essentially has erased the US Treasury of every last paper dollar long ago. There is no more.

Unless we go back to the Gold Standard and backed the contents of Gold in fort knox with the MM6 money supply of dollars in the entire world. That will increase gold from 2000 oz to round 200,000 a ounce and by indirect spread silver at 70 something to one gold will jump and fall back to it's natural state of 15 to 1 so if gold is 200,000 your 30 dollar silver will be in the realm of too much money. Pay me.

They cannot have that. 50 million new billionares instantly in the USA. all of whom can move the market on wall street as a breath flaps a butterfly near your face.

That, coupled with outliner inflation means its costing you and your family an average of 11% MORE than this time last year, just to exist in this world.

Forever.

Make SURE you get a chance to do your questionnaire. Pay was stagnant 3 years ago, now it's falling off a bottomless cliff.
FedEx has let a SE region carrier pass them by 4cpm on Linehaul. At this point with so many new young hires and guys off the dock FedEx is getting away with this BIG. These young guys are going from dock worker money to let’s say road driver money and a FREE license. For them RIGHT NOW it is good enough but how about for old timers that actually have knowledge on what is going on and see us falling behind in benefits and pay after putting hard working years in..

Hell these new drivers probably barley know any other carriers since they’ve never seen them from being dock workers

Part three.

Bitcoin. If the People chooses to sink Dollars into a bitcoin which stands I think at 40,000 USD per... and 19 million has been mined. There is about 21 million that will ever be mined electronically.

Once that last coin is mined, miners will have to shift to processing which requires a hell of a lot of fast internet, say fiber optics or even microwave or even line of sight laser links. And the value of a given bitcoin will be so big.. 300,000? 3 million? 30 million? A tiny digital slice of it will have you buy a mansion on 500 acres with a press of the enter key on the keyboard with no effort at all.

With the USA Dollar system and indeed all Fiat Paper money eliminated when everyone goes to bit coin. You could see gold drop to 20.00 a ounce and silver to pocket change. Worthelss as it once did back about 1880 when they tried to corner the Silver supply.

The USA has invented the digital dollar. Imagine a deposit directly from central bank in Washington to your account randomly. PING! 1000.00 US Dollars. You are not allowed to buy a gun, ammo and p*on etc. You dont get permission to buy certain other things based on your social score which is being activated now.

If I said President so and so is a dirtbag on this post and that could ban me from flying, trains, travel or even car ownership or holding a license of any kind to make sure I cannot physically get from here to washington. I would be homeless under a bridge with zero digital dollars. That can be turned off easily.

Suppose you were speeding. Fine 500.00 deducted in REAL TIME THAT MOMENT from your account. Suppose you bounce? Tough. Thats your problem not the Law.

Among other things. Enough to keep one awake at night. How many loaves of bread can I trade you for a box of ammo? Trust me, you will want that bread to feed your starving kids.

Money in cash is freedom. Take that away you have nothing. And are chained.

FedEx has let a SE region carrier pass them by 4cpm on Linehaul. At this point with so many new young hires and guys off the dock FedEx is getting away with this BIG. These young guys are going from dock worker money to let’s say road driver money and a FREE license. For them RIGHT NOW it is good enough but how about for old timers that actually have knowledge on what is going on and see us falling behind in benefits and pay after putting hard working years in..

Hell these new drivers probably barley know any other carriers since they’ve never seen them from being dock workers

I disagree. I think the younger drivers are more aware of other carriers and what they're offering than the old timers. The old timers aren't looking to leave and start over. Young guys are always looking at other opportunities. I know I am. Add in apps like indeed and sites like Reddit, I can get real time information on any company by hitting a few keys and tapping enter. Then there's social media and YouTube. Lots of info out there and the younger folks know how to navigate it best.

The most powerful tool is the DOT, FMCSA evaluating a prospect company with the MC/DOT number googled off their door.

What comes up then is deaths, injuries, claims, accidents, damage, DOT inspections, OOS for particulars all the way down. A class act company will hardly have say brake violations and OOS etc.

Social media is number two. Although I prefer to visit and quietly sit in their drivers room for a hour or two and listen to them bitch and moan.

Part three.

Bitcoin. If the People chooses to sink Dollars into a bitcoin which stands I think at 40,000 USD per... and 19 million has been mined. There is about 21 million that will ever be mined electronically.

Once that last coin is mined, miners will have to shift to processing which requires a hell of a lot of fast internet, say fiber optics or even microwave or even line of sight laser links. And the value of a given bitcoin will be so big.. 300,000? 3 million? 30 million? A tiny digital slice of it will have you buy a mansion on 500 acres with a press of the enter key on the keyboard with no effort at all.

With the USA Dollar system and indeed all Fiat Paper money eliminated when everyone goes to bit coin. You could see gold drop to 20.00 a ounce and silver to pocket change. Worthelss as it once did back about 1880 when they tried to corner the Silver supply.

The USA has invented the digital dollar. Imagine a deposit directly from central bank in Washington to your account randomly. PING! 1000.00 US Dollars. You are not allowed to buy a gun, ammo and p*on etc. You dont get permission to buy certain other things based on your social score which is being activated now.

If I said President so and so is a dirtbag on this post and that could ban me from flying, trains, travel or even car ownership or holding a license of any kind to make sure I cannot physically get from here to washington. I would be homeless under a bridge with zero digital dollars. That can be turned off easily.

Suppose you were speeding. Fine 500.00 deducted in REAL TIME THAT MOMENT from your account. Suppose you bounce? Tough. Thats your problem not the Law.

Among other things. Enough to keep one awake at night. How many loaves of bread can I trade you for a box of ammo? Trust me, you will want that bread to feed your starving kids.

Money in cash is freedom. Take that away you have nothing. And are chained.
Right on the money no pun intended. A permanent serf class could be created overnight. Wealth will be destroyed and the middle class eliminated because I'm pretty sure digital deposits will also come with an expiration date. You will not be able to build a savings. Use it or lose it !

Right on the money no pun intended. A permanent serf class could be created overnight. Wealth will be destroyed and the middle class eliminated because I'm pretty sure digital deposits will also come with an expiration date. You will not be able to build a savings. Use it or lose it !
Yes it will have a spend it by date or lose it.

I already plan on laying in certain things for vices in trade. A little of this a little of that and a little something else. Steadily. For example a Carton of smokes. Premium smokes... what would I get for that in that future time?

Well I used to trade a carton for lumper services decades ago. It was not difficult. Buy a carton legally somewhere in the USA at the then cost of like 20 bucks or less. With taxes paid and stamps on the packs.

Go to say Hunts Point where smokes are 7.00 a pack and that little carton becomes quite valuable in trade. They do some lumping for me and I am empty in a timely manner because at 7.00 a pack times 10 or whatever number in a carton its equal to a lumper rate without the hassle of cash from those days.

However in those days we did not have databases and computers tracking individuals. So the Lumper would not necessarily be paying taxes on money earned with his or her labor in the back of the trailer or necessarily paying into Social Security. Or carrying a insurance so that the reciever does not have to worry about a damn thing with liability and so on.

Long ago we used to collect people at the lowes or home depot early before sunrise. Put them on the shovel and see them work like really strong for 18 hours until the sun set too dark to see.

Sometimes there is one who stood out as a hell of a worker and so earns a pernament place on the crew provided they have a American License and so on which was really hard to get in those days if you were a illegal alien inside the USA. To be illegal alien means that inside the USA your presence is a liability to the USA and needs to be exported back to wherever you came from.

IF USA gained the ability to essentially "Freejack" you in a couple of keyboard commands to where you are now not a Functioning Citizen as such but a total and absolute outcast to be eradicated. (Freejack was a movie where certain activites were excluding people and ******* was the option as a final choice for those who found it impossible to remain citizens)

My, have times have changed.
In 1956 a switcher who worked for Bell Lines delivered Ryder's shop guys smokes for $1.70 pr cartoon, (any brand) that's right, .17 pr pack.

I think I paid .90 a pack in indian stores. As in Native Indian Lands that sold cigerettes.

Later on 1.10 in Kings Mountain in Carolinas.

20 some years ago Texas sold me a pack at something like 7.40 with NY a similar price. Which is about what they are here in Arkansas now more or less.

A big recession is headed our way and in my opinion is going to make 08-09 look like child’s play. Hub I run to already seems to always have way more holes in the drop lines than it did this winter.

It's gonna cost a lot for wages to keep up. Again, just to keep up, remain on par with a year ago. Do the math.
Right.
Let's not consider that Fx driver pay is probably lagging by 10%.

Drivers would need a 11% bump, or nearly $3.50hr raise at the LOWEST scale, JUST TO KEEP PACE.

Forever.

KEEP VOTING DEMOCRATS IN & THIS IS WHAT YOU GET