XPO | Crap Loading Procedures

eBiTDa

Just hanging out till they lock the gates
Credits

With a bunch of new dock workers in the system, receiving not only at home, but at other terminals, ass heavy trailers. The practice of building the trailer with descending weight (heavier on the nose, lighter to the rear), seems to be going out of fashion. I have spoken to not only brass but also many a new dockworker (some of these drivers are just as bad), it appears to be a "get it out the door and don't worry about it" attitude. Always sh¡ts and giggles till some one drops a set on a family venturing out on their first vacation.

Finding heavy awkward and long on the racks seems to be making a comeback also. Not only leading to damage to the HAL, but also anything below it. Once again, scorecard rules supreme.

Trailers loaded well over 24000 pounds safe stack training said no more than 24000 period all they say it scaled another training gone dust in the wind

Trailers loaded well over 24000 pounds safe stack training said no more than 24000 period all they say it scaled another training gone dust in the wind

Safe stack trailer should never exceed #22,500, a safe stack set must be under #42,800. Anytime time your set is over 42 large, it is a good idea to start bitching.

Last edited:

When running line haul I scale everything and will take forever to rework it. And they know this and my sets are typically not an issue.

Only once did someone tell me to hook and get out of here. I started walking up front. A “ safer “ option suddenly presented itself.

UCLHkJZ.jpg

That is why I roll my own.

Safe stack trailer should never exceed #22,500, a safe stack set must be under #42,800. Anytime time your set is over 42 large, it is a good idea to start bitching.
I have scaled over 43k legally. Remember on a re-weight we will not lower the weight. If the shipper says it weight 2,500lbs and it re-weighted at 2,000lbs the 2,500lbs will still show on the manifest

With a bunch of new dock workers in the system, receiving not only at home, but at other terminals, ass heavy trailers. The practice of building the trailer with descending weight (heavier on the nose, lighter to the rear), seems to be going out of fashion. I have spoken to not only brass but also many a new dockworker (some of these drivers are just as bad), it appears to be a "get it out the door and don't worry about it" attitude. Always sh¡ts and giggles till some one drops a set on a family venturing out on their first vacation.

Finding heavy awkward and long on the racks seems to be making a comeback also. Not only leading to damage to the HAL, but also anything below it. Once again, scorecard rules supreme.
I watch the video and it has nothing to do with semi or pup trailers and everything to do with campers and trailers towed behind cars and pickups. Last I check 100% of the load weight is in front of the trailer tires.