Estes | critters in trailers

grabber

TB Lurker
Credits
I know this is a place to vent since management doesn't want to here it but I was wondering if any one has ever seen any type of critters come in with the freight I once found a scorpion on a trailer I took it home and stuck it in a 5 gallon tank and it lived for over a year.Also seen moths the size of birds you dont see that to often here in mich.

I know this is a place to vent since management doesn't want to here it but I was wondering if any one has ever seen any type of critters come in with the freight I once found a scorpion on a trailer I took it home and stuck it in a 5 gallon tank and it lived for over a year.Also seen moths the size of birds you dont see that to often here in mich.

Good thread here... I once stripped a trailer from Tampa that had the biggest cockroach I've ever seen. I mean this thing should have been manifested :biglaugh:

:hysterical: If one of those came crawling out of a trailer, or scurried around when I moved something.. I'd have probably had to have check my shorts too

yeah it was pretty funny i was working a tr. next to it and the dock person that just so happens to be a girl starts yelling A BUG A BUG she was jumping up and down and stopping her feet she was all freak out .so i had to go save the damsel in distress but if it would of been a snake i would of been the one jumping up and down I would of done the 50 yard dash in about 4 seconds flat.:biglaugh:

Once opened a trailer door to the sound of a cat"s meow. Had to unload 3/4 of trailer to get to it and it was so frightened could hardly get it to come out. Went to the corner market to get it some food and one of the girls from the office took it home.

Once opened a trailer door to the sound of a cat"s meow. Had to unload 3/4 of trailer to get to it and it was so frightened could hardly get it to come out. Went to the corner market to get it some food and one of the girls from the office took it home.

are you in jacksonville fl? i shipped some cats there a few years back

I saw It!!!

I saw it. I was checking a trailer to see if it was loaded to go. I swear it was one of the unholy half-dead. There it was in my trailer, I ran screaming into the night only to find out, it was my TM. But I was half right, he wasn't just half dead, he was brain dead. Can we say "flat line".:biglaugh::biglaugh:

So let me get this straight.. Someone from the office area came to the dock and was heartfelt and compassionate and took care of something from the dock? Wow only if we could get management to come down off their throne, and take care of the employees.. we might get somewhere

I've seen or heard about raccoons, cats, snakes and frogs come through CNC dock. We ran over many a snake in the yard. We have quite a few local sparrows hanging around as well as a noticeably annoying population of sea gulls.

i had to deliver a box of live rats to a college i was on about my 3rd stop or so and looked at the rat box and here on top of it lies a case of computer paper crushing the rat box.after that i slowly opened trailer door waiting to see a rat come scurring out i didnt see any but when i got to the college i had them pick up the box and got out of there in a hurry never did see a rat the rest of the day thank god

I seen a raccoon and a possum come in before. Talk about gettin the crap scared out of u.

:mfight:

I was up over about 10 skids in the nose one morning digging stuff out and this big possum came waddling up out of a crate, down the wall. I nearly exited the curbside door, only there wasn't a curbside door.....

I delivered 2 cylinders of poisonous gas to an electronics warehouse that receives all of its goods in containers from over seas. I asked what the gas was for and they said they had a container with tons of odd looking bugs climbing all over the walls and the gas is supposed to do the trick

Disclaimer : This following is a funny story. It is only meant to be funny, not discriminate against people of Mexican descent or blondes. It is not meant to flame or troll and anyone that might view it as such is asked to refrain from reading it. I posted it only in contribution to the general theme of the thread.

Mexican Eggs:

Two Mexicans are on a bike along Interstate 25 about 15 miles north of Cheyenne , WY . One of the bike's tires goes flat and so they start hitch-hiking back to Cheyenne

A friendly trucker stops to see if he can help and the Mexicans ask him for a ride. The trucker tells them he has no room in the trailer as he is carrying 20,000 bowling balls.

The Mexicans ask the driver that if they can find a way to fit into the back with their bike, will he take them into Cheyenne , and the trucker agrees.

They manage to squeeze themselves and the bike into the back and the driver shuts the doors and gets on his way. By this time he is running late so he speeds up a bit.

Sure enough a good looking blonde cop pulls him over for speeding. She approaches the truck and asks the driver what he is carrying to which the driver jokingly replies "Mexican eggs."

The blond cop obviously doesn't believe this so she wants to take a look in the trailer. She opens the back door and quickly shuts it and locks it. She gets on her radio and calls for immediate backup from as many law enforcement officers as possible plus the Swat Team.

The dispatcher asks the blond cop, "what's the emergency that requires so many officers?"

She replied, "I've got an 18 wheeler stopped on I-25 about 10 miles North of Cheyenne and it is loaded down with 20,000 Mexican eggs ... two have just hatched and they've already managed to steal a bicycle."