R&L | CRST and Paramount

B.O.B

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard today that Paramount aquired CRST. That is why they have been seen pulling our pups. :TR10driving03:

CRST is that large, and just because a company seems large by the number of units they have doesn't mean their valuation would be that high. They could actually buy it pretty low if they were willing to assume the debt load of the company. R+L has been heavily advertising to buy comapnies with 5 to 500 million in revs. for awhile now. I would think they only want the customers of these companies as building up assets in this economy would be relatively easy. They actually have a grand opportunity to diversify now if they would actually "get it". They should take note of where OD is and what ABF is trying to do. If they were aggressive they could build themselves into a CH Robinson type, but with trucks. More shippers these days are looking for assets. Brokerages help even out capacity issues, but the truck still moves the freight. The non asset based broker will have a difficult time of things in the future if they don't have carriers in their pocket.

well i am sure the count on the Family's businesses has increased over the last few months.... last count i heard was 44 companies the Family owned (from a very reliable source)... with the economy being so bad, buying up cheap.... guess that is where our cost of living has been going..... i know i am still busy, even busier with end of quarter, end of month....

well i am sure the count on the Family's businesses has increased over the last few months.... last count i heard was 44 companies the Family owned (from a very reliable source)... with the economy being so bad, buying up cheap.... guess that is where our cost of living has been going..... i know i am still busy, even busier with end of quarter, end of month....

Is it a crime to own 44 companies? Talk about class envy!!! You could own 44 companies to, if you had the drive and desire that Mr. Roberts has....I guess its easier to just play the victim, and blame game...

dont waste your time with driver 9 i dont think he works here I think he has other reason for being on our site I also dont think the Roberts bought 40 companys or what ever the number is he said but if they did and it make rl or the family stronger so be it. there is so many people out that like rl and work hard to make it great me being one I choose not to even read his post my choice but a possitive one

dont waste your time with driver 9 i dont think he works here I think he has other reason for being on our site I also dont think the Roberts bought 40 companys or what ever the number is he said but if they did and it make rl or the family stronger so be it. there is so many people out that like rl and work hard to make it great me being one I choose not to even read his post my choice but a possitive one

#1 - DID NOT SAY THEY RECENTLY BOUGHT FORTY+ COMPANIES... I SAID THEY OWN.... THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD.... IF YOU ARE SOOOO TOUGH, WHY DON'T YOU ASK... THINK YOU WILL FIND THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS. THEY WANT TO DENY EVEN OWNING PARAMOUNT...??? LOTS TO HIDE.... DO YOU WANT TO START WITH THE TRUTH? I WILL.....

#2 - WHY ARE AT LEAST "3" UPPER MANAGEMENT PEOPLE RIGHT NOW SENDING OUT THEIR RESUMES LOOKING FOR OTHER JOBS??? SHIPS A SINKIN' AND THEY KNOW... OR KNOW THEY WILL LIKELY BE REPLACED WITH A YELLOW PERSON. THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING FOR THE FAMILY.... WHAT DOES THAT SAY FOR THE MORALE???

#3 - IF YOU DON'T READ MY POSTS, WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING TO IT??? :loser:

#4 - ARE YOU THE NEW YAHCT CAPTAIN??? NO COST OF LIVING INCREASE GIVEN OUT TO US DRIVERS.... PLUS A BOAT CAPTAIN, BRAND NEW CARS FOR THE SALES PEOPLE, RAISES FOR THE SALES PEOPLE, ETC. HARD TO SAY WHAT ALL OF THESE NEW YELLOW PEOPLE ARE COSTING....

MY SUGGESTION TO YOU, DONTCARE, IS TO CONTINUE TO BE A :butt kiss: IN MY OPINION, THAT HAS GOT YOU A FAR OFF THE DOCK... WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHEN THEY WANT TO REPLACE YOU WITH A YELLOW PERSON, SINCE WE KNOW YOU ARE NOT A DRIVER (WE ARE BEING REPLACED BY RENT-A-DRIVERS)....

ENJOY THE NEXT RACE :nutkick:

My hero is now driver 9 I plan to quit tomorrow and apply anywhere but here maybe I can hold out until driver 9 ltl express starts up and drive for him I think with his great personality he will be swell to work for and he will surely be a hit with customers. I dont know why I didnt think of this before.

Wow - did not think you read my posts!!!??? You seem to reply to everyone one of them...

If i did have my own business the people who helped build my company to a billion dollar success would be appreciated, not thrown out for the first yellow person or rent-a-driver i saw.... Loyalty goes along way.... Not a**-kissin', just loyalty. Someone used the phrase "bleed green"... How many of those yellow people do you think really truly love r&l? Or are just there for the paycheck, more likely the reason.... Or how many linehaul or team drivers have sacraficed being away from their families and gave years to a company that one day just did not need them anymore... Sure it happens everyday, but to actually go out of your way to rent someone because of cheaper labor and insurance... Or to create a whole other company with this in mind??? They have no loyalty not even to their own family, certainly not for their employees.... If you, dontcare, think you are so valued and loved and cared for or even secure in your position - good for you.... However, i don't believe you are..... Let's just say you are a driver, if they can hire "tim" down the road making less an hour and don't have to pay as much for insurance they cut you and replace you - say after 20 years of service. How would you feel? Let's say you are a loader/unloader (whatever they want to refer to you as....) if you are told daily if you don't like it, mcdonald's is hiring... Or if you are a wilmington supervisor, you are cut because the company wants to improve their community image so they get rid of you and replace you with a dhl person... How would you feel? Now let's say you are a sales person or a terminal manager and you see daily how everyone is being replaced with a yellow person, how would you feel? How would you think? Are you trained in the position you hold, educated, experienced? Could your job be the next position a yellow person acquires?

Oh by the way, i would not hire you for my company.... Because you "dontcare" - funny handle you have there, for someone who don't care, you seem to try to "spread the positiviity".... Good luck with that!