XPO | Csr callbacks

bewildered

TB Lurker
Credits
Just trying to get a feel of how many of your facilities have had CSR'S come back after the layoff in December...

Just wondering if callbacks are a possibility for some of us
long term employees that were laid off..

Thanks

one part timer was called back, only because another part timer quit
she was not a longtimer.

someone else should come along and give you a more helpful answer

Just trying to get a feel of how many of your facilities have had CSR'S come back after the layoff in December...

Just wondering if callbacks are a possibility for some of us
long term employees that were laid off..

Thanks
The cuts were not lay-offs. Didn't everybody get a severance package? I don't think you will be called back. Only hired back as new, if they want you.

I didnt get my terminology right, I said laid off, but it technically wasnt a layoff. The technical term was "Economic Termination". There was no promise of call back...
we were told we were eligible for rehire in the event the choice was made to bring us back. I am not sure if it would be a new hire or not, from what I have read on here if we were to be called back in the first 180 days, we would retain your senority. But after that it would be a new employee. I had just been part of Con-Way for so long, I started about year after they opened in my town. its just hard to let go...

I didnt get my terminology right, I said laid off, but it technically wasnt a layoff. The technical term was "Economic Termination". There was no promise of call back...
we were told we were eligible for rehire in the event the choice was made to bring us back. I am not sure if it would be a new hire or not, from what I have read on here if we were to be called back in the first 180 days, we would retain your senority. But after that it would be a new employee. I had just been part of Con-Way for so long, I started about year after they opened in my town. its just hard to let go...

:hide: bewildered: If I was in your shoes, I would be asking the same questions you are! I am not sure how it works for office people.
Best of luck to you!:smilie_132:

Thank you LongtimeLTL... I guess I would fall into the category of LongtimeLTL as well.
I started working in the trucking industry for an LTL carrier in the late 80"s and then started with Con-Way in the early 90"s..I really appreciate your encouragement. I know times are bad... but to this day, and its been almost three months. I cant believe this happened to me.

Con-Way was a big part of who I am.. Always thought I would retire from Con-Way... I really thought I had job security. Goes to show you their is no such thing anymore.
I know somehow someway I will figure it out, but I am so lost right now... so lost...

I had truely hoped and thought by this time
you would have " found greener pastures " .

REALISTICLY in my opinion ,

As early as you were terminated I do not KNOW
if you may be of consideration of the 6 mo .
deal that was mentioned by others regarding
the " Phase 2 " terminations .

Unless you have a special relationship with
the SCM and he has much influence at GO , I
would not be expecting a call .

It appears that CNW believes it may be much
more cost effective to hire and train new
employees . Should times improve .

Just4Thought

Good LUCK

Thanks I appreciate it.. I would like to have thought I would have found "Greener Pastures" as well. But in this economic climate... The "Greener Pastures" are not out there... Ill be ok... Ill find my way eventually, its just hard to deal with.... Con-Way was such a huge part of my life. It wasnt just a job to me, my coworkers were family to me.
take care...

Hang in there Bewildered - have you tried your contacts you made through
all the people you dealt with at customers over the years ? I heard of one
CSR that got on that way at a customers place

I am looking into that, I talked the Account Manager for my terminal yesterday and was told that their were a bunch of customers that said they would be more than happy to do "Letters of Recommendation" for me. So Ill get there...

Thanks I appreciate the input!!