Yellow | current retirees

I also feel bad about the retirees who have been collecting their 3 thousand dollar checks for years and have no idea the storm that is brewing. It sucks bad enough for us who are still capable of working and making a living doing whatever they have to. But what about the guys who are getting older, dont get around as well, and are in danger of having their monthly checks reduced by an "unknown at this time" margin.
I saw a guy a while back I used to work the dock with when I very first started. He has been gone for 5 years or so. I asked him if he had been keeping up on the pension fund, and he said he didnt even think about it. I told him to keep an eye on it, and hope he would not be affected.
Sad to say, but you can look at the amounts of money they have at the end of the year and see the 6 billion UPS pension payoff money has already been burned though.

I also feel bad about the retirees who have been collecting their 3 thousand dollar checks for years and have no idea the storm that is brewing. It sucks bad enough for us who are still capable of working and making a living doing whatever they have to. But what about the guys who are getting older, dont get around as well, and are in danger of having their monthly checks reduced by an "unknown at this time" margin.
I saw a guy a while back I used to work the dock with when I very first started. He has been gone for 5 years or so. I asked him if he had been keeping up on the pension fund, and he said he didnt even think about it. I told him to keep an eye on it, and hope he would not be affected.
Sad to say, but you can look at the amounts of money they have at the end of the year and see the 6 billion UPS pension payoff money has already been burned though.

bro, it's a lot more than $3000.00 when you add in xtra years over 30 paid in and each year over 60 yrs of age..you may have a long way to go before you retire..at least you can still earn a good living--

if they stay
open

bro, it's a lot more than $3000.00 when you add in xtra years over 30 paid in and each year over 60 yrs of age..you may have a long way to go before you retire..at least you can still earn a good living--
Or a lot less like maybe $1450 for a brother on a reduced 25, due to health or other reasons, with spousal benefits deductions.
the public seems to think we retire fat, if adjustables