Yellow | Current status...

BIGRNTN

TB Lurker
Credits
I know that alot of us are on here, I am just wondering what everyone's status is.
1. Are you currently working at YRC?
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow?
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...?
4. Terminal # or location?
5. Number of years ?
6. If you not at YRC, where do you work now?
I was 3rd generation Roadway, my Dad and both Grandfathers worked at the BIG R. My Dad retired after 2 million accident free miles in the CITY (yeah, I'm proud to say that), and retired in 1998 and is still enjoying his retirement. Both of my Grandfathers worked as casuals.
I started at Roadway Express in 1998, Nashville, TN linehaul. I was there until 2008 when I transferred to Huntsville, AL on the UE change. I am from north Alabama so this worked out well for me.
I was laid-off in March of 09. I do not miss YRC, but I greatly miss Roadway. I now work for Air Products and am proud to say that I think as much of this company as I did Roadway.
I wish the best for every Teamster freight member out there.

And do you have as much pride working for YRC as you did Yellow or Roadway?
Are you still proud to be a Teamster?
Are you embarassed going down the road or at a dock in a YRC truck knowing that the LTL guy next to you may make just as much as you and paying no dues to the Union?
If you are unhappy at YRC like so many of my friends that still work there are, why are you still working there?
Do you work as hard as you did before the concessions and pension screwing?

I was a dock worker and city driver with the BIG R from 1981 until I retired in 2009. Had planned on working a few more years until I saw the writing on the wall. All and all, retirement is a beautiful thing.

1. Are you currently working at YRC? Yes
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow? Yellow
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...? Linehaul
Do you have as much pride working for YRC as you did Yellow or Roadway? Yes, very much so
Are you still proud to be a Teamster? Yes, very much so
Are you embarassed going down the road or at a dock in a YRC truck knowing that the LTL guy next to you may make just as much as you and paying no dues to the Union?I'm proud to be the guy in the YRC truck. Irrespective of our current give backs and benefit suspensions, we are still setting the benchmark for the nons and keeping the living standard of LTL trucking at a livable wage.
If you are unhappy at YRC like so many of my friends that still work there are, why are you still working there?Does not apply to me. Even when laid off I was proud to be associated w/YRC. I rarely hear my co-workers say they are unhappy at YRC. I only hear some express displeasure at the partial suspension of pay and bennies.
[/quote]I am a team player. I am always a team player. When working, I get paid to always give my best and to help others on the YRC team give their best also.

That is all the info I care to have disclosed.

Congrats on your retirement mud, and thanks for your response vwaggs. I'm just curious as to what so many of us are doing now since all of the lay-offs.

1. Are you currently working at YRC? Yes, But on Lay-off
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow?Big R
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...?Dock, Switcher
4. Terminal # or location?156, 681,and 653
5. Number of years ?11 Full-time, 5 years Casual at 2 terminals
6. If you not at YRC, where do you work now?----------
And do you have as much pride working for YRC as you did Yellow or Roadway?No, Loved working for the Big R
Are you still proud to be a Teamster? No Would have loved to answer this question and the last one yes , But I would telling a lie...
Are you embarassed going down the road or at a dock in a YRC truck knowing that the LTL guy next to you may make just as much as you and paying no dues to the Union?No- I hope they keep on making good money, We might need a job there one day.
If you are unhappy at YRC like so many of my friends that still work there are, why are you still working there?Not quite unhappy, just not in love with the place like I was the Big R....... It's a job, Things could be worse elsewhere....../color]
I think so........

[quote author=abfempm link=topic=80071.msg829047#msg829047 date=1273644136]
2 million miles in the city?must have 80yrs in.
[/quote]

[quote author=BIGRNTN link=topic=80071.msg829026#msg829026 date=1273637032]
I know that alot of us are on here, I am just wondering what everyone's status is.
1. Are you currently working at YRC? No Recently retired
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow? Roadway
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...? Linehaul
4. Terminal # or location? 120,671
5. Number of years ? 35 years
6. If you not at YRC, where do you work now? Retired
I was 3rd generation Roadway, my Dad and both Grandfathers worked at the BIG R. My Dad retired after 2 million accident free miles in the CITY (yeah, I'm proud to say that), and retired in 1998 and is still enjoying his retirement. Both of my Grandfathers worked as casuals.
I started at Roadway Express in 1998, Nashville, TN linehaul. I was there until 2008 when I transferred to Huntsville, AL on the UE change. I am from north Alabama so this worked out well for me.
I was laid-off in March of 09. I do not miss YRC, but I greatly miss Roadway. I now work for Air Products and am proud to say that I think as much of this company as I did Roadway.
[/quote]
I had a lot of pride in the company I worked for (Roadway) and did my best to maintain a good work ethic. I was also proud of the teamster union I belonged to for 40 years.The company has changed dramatically when the merger came about sapping that pride away from many good people.Many teamsters have lost faith in both YRC and the teamster union in the last year or two. It`s not the same as it was just 2 0r 3 years ago and it never will be the same . For a company to succeed,employees,both management and labor need to have faith in and believe in the company they work for and work together to make it a success. Zollars is a divider not a uniter and I can`t see how he can bring the attitude at YRC back to where it was with these companies before the merger. Most teamster members wanted to work for a union outfit and be a teamster because they enjoyed better pay,benefits and job security. All three of those have taken a hit in the last two years and many feel the IBT has been a better representative to YRC than the members. LTL trucking has changed drastically in the last 2 years and I`m glad I had the time in and age to retire.

$ Bill is a nice man who had to make some tough decisions, but the employees chose to stick with him and voted Yes, to make the effort of turning the business around. I can already see the freight coming down in groves, get ready YRC is calling people back to work. :clap:

1. Are you currently working at YRC?Yes
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow?Roadway
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...?Linehaul
4. Terminal # or location?Chicago 309
5. Number of years ?22
[/quote]
Do I work as hard as I did before the merger? Yes this organization will NOT survive if everyone doesn't do the same. I have posted this sentiment before , if for what ever reason you cannot give 100% then you should go somewhere else! :thumbsup:

1. Are you currently working at YRC? NO
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow? YELLOW
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...? DOCK
4. Terminal # or location? CINCINNATI
5. Number of years ? ALMOST 6
6. If you not at YRC, where do you work now? CON-WAY
where else can I go and make this much money this easy. Sorry but I had to go non-union after 10 yrs in the Teamsters. Ten yrs for a pension I'll never see probably. I pray for YRC to make it every day even if I never get called back. It will keep wages up (the guys at Con-way all know and say this that I've talked to), and hopefully maintain my pension benefits till I retire or get back into the Teamsters. I run linehaul now, don't see very many YRC trucks out there at all. not many ABFs either. quite a few USF Hollands though. was almost hit by one last friday, the guy passed me and I watched him drift for about 40 miles back n forth back n forth. couldnt get his attention to wake him. are they running those guys that hard now?

1. Are you currently working at YRC? No, I am on a LOA
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow? Yellow
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...? Mechanic
4. Terminal # or location? Den
5. Number of years ? Too many
6. If you not at YRC, where do you work now? Grocery

Yellow is the best job I have ever worked, things changed with the merge of the 2 companies. I went to a company to continue my pension credits and work with a few ex-Roadway vendors......the stories they tell would curl a DOT officers toes!

layed off 10/2009 phoenix,az. ..... worked at cf for 10 years,started over at yellow 2002,back to the bottom with the merge, 17 years as a teamster, not long enough to retire, cant get a driving job in phx. no one will hire an ex. teamster, hope things turn around soon.

[quote author=localdriver01 link=topic=80071.msg829146#msg829146 date=1273685599]
layed off 10/2009 phoenix,az. ..... worked at cf for 10 years,started over at yellow 2002,back to the bottom with the merge, 17 years as a teamster, not long enough to retire, cant get a driving job in phx. no one will hire an ex. teamster, hope things turn around soon.
[/quote]I'm sure the state will need you soon. Someone has to drive the live-stock trailers to dump all the illegals back over the fense.

As of now this is my status
1. Are you currently working at YRC? YES
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow? Roadway
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...? City
4. Terminal # or location? 657/615 Norfolk
5. Number of years ? 13
6. If you not at YRC, where do you work now? N/A

I'm 2nd generation Teamster, father retired Yellow in Qns, NY where I started as a casual. I had great pride working as a Big R / REX learned alot from the old schooled guys and was taught when I first started that working here is a career and not a job. If you want a job go work at 7-11, that has stayed with me to this day and I don't take it for granted.

1. Are you currently working at YRC? YES
2. Were you originally Roadway or Yellow? Yellow the reason Roadway is still around :stir:
3. Linehaul, city,dock, etc...? Dock
4. Terminal # or location? OKC/531
5. Number of years ? 16
Still a Proud Teamster I wear my Teamster Shirt & have Teamser Stickers On my car. But still Vote NO on Hoffa,NO on Contract, NO on Pay Cut,NO on Pension Cut, AND will vote no again. :drama: