Yellow | Customer Service Guy Speaking Requesting Vote Yes

xnins

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been with YRC Freight for a little over two years in one of the call centers. (yes I really do work here if I didn't how do I know the terminal codes 309 chicago, 525 dallas, 187 brooklyn, 740 miami)

I think people are trying to hold on to what isn't anymore. I've been in the job market, it sucks. I'm less than 30 years old. Nobody gets pensions anymore unless your some bigwig. I can't believe that I'm getting paid 45% more for doing a job that is so damn simple. I used to work for banking company as customer service and now I'm doing the exact same thing here for 1.45 times more with three weeks vacation/sick pay vs two weeks vacation at the bank.

Whats done is done. I understand you don't like what happened but guess what business took a dive, competition has grown, bad decisions were made, there was a recession. Nobody is going to go back to what they made prior to these concessions I've heard about. So you make 15% less? Big deal you got a job that still pays more than anyone else for the same job. Consider yourself lucky I'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security.

If everyone is so happy to vote against this extension what are you going to do afterwards? Sure go on collect unemployment at well over half what you were making. Then what? You going to do that for a 12 months maybe then find another job that pays less? So let me get this right you're mad about a 15% cut in pay but you're more than happy to take a 50% cut for 12 months and then a permanent 20-40% cut with another company going forward. Oh and news flash all corporations are the same...profits profits profits. You're lucky to work for one that at least pays you better than counterparts in the industry.

Just my two cents. For all those who hate this company why haven't you left yet? You're not locked into a contract. Is it because you're not going to be able to find anything that pays this well or that you like as much?

Why are you still here? If things are so much greener on the other side who in their right mind would stay at YRC Freight. If you're still here what do you stand to gain from voting for no concessions? YRCW owes so much in debt that we'll probably never be free of it go look at the financials do the math we can't survive like this. Just because you vote no the board's not going to be like "Oh damn they called our bluff guys lets go open that vault of cash we had hidden from our balance sheet in the Caymen islands" You may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish.

DO THE MATH DO THE MATH DO THE MATH - do it for your personal situation, do it for the balance sheet, do it for the 100,000 people (families) who will be affected by your decision.

I think we just found a potential source for the next concession!

Forgive me, where are my manners!
Welcome to Trucking Boards!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been with YRC Freight for a little over two years in one of the call centers. (yes I really do work here if I didn't how do I know the terminal codes 309 chicago, 525 dallas, 187 brooklyn, 740 miami)

I think people are trying to hold on to what isn't anymore. I've been in the job market, it sucks. I'm less than 30 years old. Nobody gets pensions anymore unless your some bigwig. I can't believe that I'm getting paid 45% more for doing a job that is so damn simple. I used to work for banking company as customer service and now I'm doing the exact same thing here for 1.45 times more with three weeks vacation/sick pay vs two weeks vacation at the bank.

Whats done is done. I understand you don't like what happened but guess what business took a dive, competition has grown, bad decisions were made, there was a recession. Nobody is going to go back to what they made prior to these concessions I've heard about. So you make 15% less? Big deal you got a job that still pays more than anyone else for the same job. Consider yourself lucky I'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security.

If everyone is so happy to vote against this extension what are you going to do afterwards? Sure go on collect unemployment at well over half what you were making. Then what? You going to do that for a 12 months maybe then find another job that pays less? So let me get this right you're mad about a 15% cut in pay but you're more than happy to take a 50% cut for 12 months and then a permanent 20-40% cut with another company going forward. Oh and news flash all corporations are the same...profits profits profits. You're lucky to work for one that at least pays you better than counterparts in the industry.

Just my two cents. For all those who hate this company why haven't you left yet? You're not locked into a contract. Is it because you're not going to be able to find anything that pays this well or that you like as much?

Why are you still here? If things are so much greener on the other side who in their right mind would stay at YRC Freight. If you're still here what do you stand to gain from voting for no concessions? YRCW owes so much in debt that we'll probably never be free of it go look at the financials do the math we can't survive like this. Just because you vote no the board's not going to be like "Oh damn they called our bluff guys lets go open that vault of cash we had hidden from our balance sheet in the Caymen islands" You may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish.

DO THE MATH DO THE MATH DO THE MATH - do it for your personal situation, do it for the balance sheet, do it for the 100,000 people (families) who will be affected by your decision.

Ok,
I'll bite.

Since the details of what is being asked aren't clear as yet, what is it, exactly, that you want us to vote yes to?
Be specific.

Holy ****, a little over two years and he gets three weeks vacation? Also, if the almighty YRC closes the freight don't disappear. Somebody has got to haul it.

With all due repsect to to you and others....I did do the math and my vote is still NO..but, that is why we all will get a secret ballot.....KK

3 weeks for 2 years dam. That takes 15 years at abf to get. If that job pays so much more than your last maybe those jobs are due for a cost alignment with the industry. Again if its such an easy job you wouldn't care right?

Anybody could go on YRCs website and get the terminal codes and then say I work there. That don't prove nothing and I think your a plant on here trying to persuade people to agree to this offer!

come back when you have been here 25 years!? been through all the B.S ,walked a few picket lines,etc. and then maybe you will understand ??

Anybody could go on YRCs website and get the terminal codes and then say I work there. That don't prove nothing and I think your a plant on here trying to persuade people to agree to this offer!

Na if in fact he that he would have used the right terminal codes Dallas is not 525....................................FT Worth is.

We had clowns like you come by the terminal during the last begback. They told us "think about the office people". Well after the yes vote those employees lost their jobs when they farmed them out to people like you. If you want a say in this you should have signed a card, then you can vote yes all you want. I will follow the freight.

Maybe you haven't been on the street picking up and delivering and watching dispatchers run you (and others...) in circles literally wasting dollars and too arrogant to listen to suggestions. Maybe you haven't been effected by terminal closures and forced to move in to motels or commute hours to retain your health insurance. Maybe you haven't been told....'I don't CARE how late you work, go make that pick-up'. Maybe you haven't been effected by layoffs and broke your balls one day to get back and find 'no work for the following starts tomorrow'. Maybe you haven't been brainwashed that's its all the overpaid drivers who have caused this mess. With all due respect to you, without the truck drivers and dock workers, you have no company. We are the company. We're in the freight business and WE pick-up and deliver the freight. Its **** poor management and not taking care of our customers that put us in this mess. Screw 'em. Im voting no. The threats and mismanagement have to stop. Money isn't everything. You may land at a more organized and peaceful work environment that pays a little less and LOVE IT !!! See what you don't understand is if YRC didn't have the pay and bennies it does, NOBODY would be here because the job is very long hours, away from home, and stressfull. People die in tractor-trailers everyday. If Im not making big bucks, I aint gonna do it. Ill flip burgers and hunt and fish at 3:00 everyday like the rest of America.

I think he lives in la-la land when he says "Consider yourself lucky I'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security." Where is the security when they keep threatening bankruptcy if we don't give up something more. I've got 24 years invested and after losing a weeks vacation in the last give back, I only have 4 weeks vacation (if I wasn't laid off). I thought it was 1 after 1, 2 after 2, 3 after 8? How'd you get 3 after 2 years?

He has the same amount of vaca time as a person with over 15 years of service if I am correrct ? No one wants to lose there job but I think we are in a never ending give back scenario at this point. We run like rats out of fear of bankruptcy but its obvious we're on a treadmill.