Yellow | Customer Service Guy Speaking Requesting Vote Yes

I would think that someone that sells their position by bragging about how easy they have it, how much vacation they're getting, how well they are compensated in comparison to the same job in other sectors, to the people he is trying to convince that they should accept less, must be one heck of a customer service rep. Thanks for highlighting what's wrong with this company.

Holy ****, a little over two years and he gets three weeks vacation? Also, if the almighty YRC closes the freight don't disappear. Somebody has got to haul it.

He said "3 weeks vacation/sick time". Pretty sure he means 2 weeks vacation and 5 sick days......

There's a response designed to enhance the image of Teamsters. Thank you for your superb effort.

Let's think about this for a second. If they are profitable except for the debt then KK's giveback figures show that they should be outta debt very soon if they spend our money wisely. If we are funding operational costs excluding the 1.4 billion in debt then we are just postponing the inevitable. If they can't turn a profit from moving frieght and use our money to pay the debt we will eventually close. I say pull the pin now.

On another note. Why are we repainting tractors and trailers. I don't know how much this is costing but it needs to stop. I still see ups freight tractors pulling overnight trailers. If I can't pay the mortgage on my house I damn sure ain't gonna paint the wall and put down a new floor so it looks nice for the bank to repo!! STOP WASTING MONEY

Let's think about this for a second. If they are profitable except for the debt then KK's giveback figures show that they should be outta debt very soon if they spend our money wisely. If we are funding operational costs excluding the 1.4 billion in debt then we are just postponing the inevitable. If they can't turn a profit from moving frieght and use our money to pay the debt we will eventually close. I say pull the pin now.

On another note. Why are we repainting tractors and trailers. I don't know how much this is costing but it needs to stop. I still see ups freight tractors pulling overnight trailers. If I can't pay the mortgage on my house I damn sure ain't gonna paint the wall and put down a new floor so it looks nice for the bank to repo!! STOP WASTING MONEY JACKA$$e$

I concurr, I was talking to a Holland driver at a customer we were both picking up at. He said at his terminal (Evansville, In) they just
purchased new scales w/colorful displays for their lifttrucks. What a waste, we have trucks on their last leg and oh high interest payment
looming. VOTE NO!

He said "3 weeks vacation/sick time". Pretty sure he means 2 weeks vacation and 5 sick days......

I'll try to reply to all the posts. Yes 10 days vacation and 5 days sick time but they lump it all into one and its the same to me. 15 days time off each year called flex time. Thus if you're sick 10 days you only get 5 days vacation. If you're not sick you get 3 weeks vacation.

Yes I'd be happy to take a cut in my vacation time and in my pay to retain my job. I'd still be making well above industry average for a customer service rep.

Yes I would like to be a future corporate executive but I don't think that will happen because I don't want to work 60 hours a week and be on the chopping block every time I made a decision that wasn't right or just for the company to have a scapegoat. IE: Jeff Rogers.

I agree that the upper execs at YRCW should have their pay strictly limited (IE Jeff Rogers again) they shouldn't be getting paid bonuses until job security lasts longer than 3 year stints.

Yes I'm sorry Dallas (Garland) is 511, Fort Worth is 525. Waco is 574. Denver is 890. SLC is 881. Portland is 875 I think. There are two main customer service centers one in Des Moines one in Souix Falls. Please quiz me if you don't believe I work for this company but don't insult me. I really like the health care benefits. You wouldn't believe how good a deal we have with this provider compared to the current market.

If we do close the doors you're right the freight has to go somewhere. FedEx, UPS, Conway, Old Dom. are itching to get their hands on it. 44,000 bills a day split between all of the remaining companies would be a god send for them. Yes they will need drivers but not as many as those that would be lost.

I don't think you understand. We need to have the trucks all saying YRC Freight. We need a name we can stand behind. I can't tell you how many customer still refer to us by the ole Yellow/Roadway on the phone. We have no brand recognition. The only way people understand is when I say you know FedEx/UPS yes we do that but for pallet freight.

This company has a problem. It can be fixed. I saw it over the past two years things are getting better. They are not going to get better overnight. Here's what you do as a Teamster you contend with whatever cuts they ask for to meet financing...for now. Then you spend those 5 years trying to find a better job than what you're making here now. Ever try to get a job while on unemployment? Screw that I'd rather get paid full wages to support my family comfortably. If you do fin another job then you get to leave and you're happy. If not you still get paid a decent, not great salary. After 5 years we will either be better off or in the same boat. If we are better off then you demand your stuff back. If we are not we do it all over again agree to the concessions take another cut and see if you can find a better job at the now less than ideal wages you're making.

I'll again reply to any intelligent and thought out responses. When I come back from working my second job to try to get ahead in this messed up world.

How about this. Until the last two years half the tractors and trailers said Roadway or Yellow. If you smart managment types wanted brand recognition and save money flip a coin and only repaint half the fleet!!

How many ex YFSY/RDWY drivers do you really think FedEx, ConWay, OD or Estes will hire? I bet at least 1/2 of the freight goes that way should YRC close....something to ponder if you think you are just going to follow the freight.

How many ex YFSY/RDWY drivers do you really think FedEx, ConWay, OD or Estes will hire? I bet at least 1/2 of the freight goes that way should YRC close....something to ponder if you think you are just going to follow the freight.

With a huge influx of freight they will want ready to work drivers and dock personnel, not someone of the street that has no clue how to load a trailer properly. They don't hire teamsters now because they don't have that kind of urgency.

come back when you have been here 25 years!? been through all the B.S ,walked a few picket lines,etc. and then maybe you will understand ??
The average YRC Freight driver has more time in the crapper than xnins has on the face of the earth! Hang around for 30 plus years and your attitude will change!

If you have it so good then why do you have to work a second job??

He says why in his last line - "When I come back from working my second job to try to get ahead in this messed up world."

I would say he's looking to better his lot in life wouldn't you think?

How about this. Until the last two years half the tractors and trailers said Roadway or Yellow. If you smart managment types wanted brand recognition and save money flip a coin and only repaint half the fleet!!

Never understood why they would throw away 2 of the oldest brands in the LTL industry to replace those names with 3 very forgetable letters. I concur, flip a coin, Roadway or Yellow.

Funny how this "xnins" shows up on the day that most if not all Locals are having there meetings on the specifics of the latest proposal from the company. I smell a rat!

With a huge influx of freight they will want ready to work drivers and dock personnel, not someone of the street that has no clue how to load a trailer properly. They don't hire teamsters now because they don't have that kind of urgency.

Time may prove you correct. I think you'll have many leave the smaller nons for those jobs at FedEx, ConWay, OD and Estes. That's who you will be competing with; experienced non-Union LTL drivers looking for a better opportunity. The majority of the job openings for Teamsters will be for the jobs those folks left and those added by ABF and UPS Freight.

How many ex-PIE and ex-CF drivers ended up finding employment at a non?

Your experience may prove valuable, but not enough to offset the mentality/work ethic that many (not all) will bring with them. Especially the bitter ones who left PIE to go to CF who left to go to YFSY and now what, think they don't bleed Teamster? Is that who you would want to employ? Sorry, it's such a wide brush to paint all of you with. I know a couple of exeptions that I've worked with over the years. Problem is that they are too few and far between. If I am in HR, I don't get to take that time to know if you are one of the good ones or not...safer to just not take any chances. Not your fault, it's your brothers' and sisters' fault.

Time may prove you correct. I think you'll have many leave the smaller nons for those jobs at FedEx, ConWay, OD and Estes. That's who you will be competing with; experienced non-Union LTL drivers looking for a better opportunity. The majority of the job openings for Teamsters will be for the jobs those folks left and those added by ABF and UPS Freight.

How many ex-PIE and ex-CF drivers ended up finding employment at a non?

Your experience may prove valuable, but not enough to offset the mentality/work ethic that many (not all) will bring with them. Especially the bitter ones who left PIE to go to CF who left to go to YFSY and now what, think they don't bleed Teamster? Is that who you would want to employ? Sorry, it's such a wide brush to paint all of you with. I know a couple of exeptions that I've worked with over the years. Problem is that they are too few and far between. If I am in HR, I don't get to take that time to know if you are one of the good ones or not...safer to just not take any chances. Not your fault, it's your brothers' and sisters' fault.

Average teamster works circles around average r@t

Hey guys,........

You let a scumbag anti-union third party freight broker come in here and trash the place up,..........................