Yellow | Customer Service Guy Speaking Requesting Vote Yes

I've been with YRC Freight for a little over two years in one of the call centers. (yes I really do work here if I didn't how do I know the terminal codes 309 chicago, 525 dallas, 187 brooklyn, 740 miami)

I think people are trying to hold on to what isn't anymore. I've been in the job market, it sucks. I'm less than 30 years old. Nobody gets pensions anymore unless your some bigwig. I can't believe that I'm getting paid 45% more for doing a job that is so damn simple. I used to work for banking company as customer service and now I'm doing the exact same thing here for 1.45 times more with three weeks vacation/sick pay vs two weeks vacation at the bank.

Whats done is done. I understand you don't like what happened but guess what business took a dive, competition has grown, bad decisions were made, there was a recession. Nobody is going to go back to what they made prior to these concessions I've heard about. So you make 15% less? Big deal you got a job that still pays more than anyone else for the same job. Consider yourself lucky I'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security.

If everyone is so happy to vote against this extension what are you going to do afterwards? Sure go on collect unemployment at well over half what you were making. Then what? You going to do that for a 12 months maybe then find another job that pays less? So let me get this right you're mad about a 15% cut in pay but you're more than happy to take a 50% cut for 12 months and then a permanent 20-40% cut with another company going forward. Oh and news flash all corporations are the same...profits profits profits. You're lucky to work for one that at least pays you better than counterparts in the industry.

Just my two cents. For all those who hate this company why haven't you left yet? You're not locked into a contract. Is it because you're not going to be able to find anything that pays this well or that you like as much?

Why are you still here? If things are so much greener on the other side who in their right mind would stay at YRC Freight. If you're still here what do you stand to gain from voting for no concessions? YRCW owes so much in debt that we'll probably never be free of it go look at the financials do the math we can't survive like this. Just because you vote no the board's not going to be like "Oh damn they called our bluff guys lets go open that vault of cash we had hidden from our balance sheet in the Caymen islands" You may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish.

DO THE MATH DO THE MATH DO THE MATH - do it for your personal situation, do it for the balance sheet, do it for the 100,000 people (families) who will be affected by your decision.

IMO you make some good and not so good issues in your post.
But one thing I noticed I did not see any "we" in your post.
Your 1st 3 paragraphs are all about you. I get this, and I make this.
Your next 3 paragraphs are all about the union workers. you should be happy, and your lucky to work here.

If you want drivers and dockmen to come around to your way of thinking.
You need to be talking more about What WE need to do for US to get this done.
The president of the company said equal sacrifice.
JMO

Holy ****, a little over two years and he gets three weeks vacation? Also, if the almighty YRC closes the freight don't disappear. Somebody has got to haul it.

***News Flash*** If you worked in a Teamsters company you will be considered "radioactive" by prospective employers. They will take the guys that have only been with Yellow a couple of years, but if you have 10 years or more, your best hope will be "shiny wheels" for 35-40 cents a mile on PC miler, which is short about 10% from hub miles. No delay time. Insurance will cost of $100+ a week.

How about this. Until the last two years half the tractors and trailers said Roadway or Yellow. If you smart managment types wanted brand recognition and save money flip a coin and only repaint half the fleet!!

Now that's the best idea I've heard in along time, if after all these years no one knows who yrc is then the brand has failed

Either name it roadway or yellow and be done with it, at least people would know who we are

Let me help you out :
511 - Dallas TX (Irving TX) Roadway terminal
508 - Garland TX Roadway terminal
525 - Fort Worth TX Yellow terminal
509 - Dallas TX Yellow terminal closed
GAR - Garland TX Yellow terminal closed
There was a Dallas TX terminal on Anson rd but was closed and moved and is the Garland 508
There is a little D/FW history for you

With a huge influx of freight they will want ready to work drivers and dock personnel, not someone of the street that has no clue how to load a trailer properly. They don't hire teamsters now because they don't have that kind of urgency.

Are you serious, if you don't speak Russian I doubt you'll get an over the road job and well if your past your 20"s you can probably forget the dock also,

Fed ex is probably hiring somewhere why not take one for the team and apply now then let the rest of us know how great the place is

I don't think he knows what he means!

...ok sure? Even though that was not my main point to posting this, but ok go ahead and ignore the main point to focus on some insignificant wording.

Yes I work two jobs to get ahead in life. Not because I have to because I want to. I want to be financially stable to enjoy my life so I'm going to pay off my student loans as fast as I can.

I'm not lazy, I'm not asking for handouts, I work hard for a fair days wage. Everyone thinks they are so entitled these days. You old timers want to be served on a silver platter. Things change people. We are no longer Yellow or Roadway. It's no longer 1998. Things are difficult. Rather than complaining and taking a stand that no one is going to hear get your ass up and adjust to change. You don't like your pay try going out on your own. Start your own business! Then you will see how hard things really are.

At least there are some out there that can see the big picture. Remember what happened to Hostess? Union problems here too with poor management. Things will go the same way read below for what happened to them when they voted to no concessions.

By December 2011, it was reported that Hostess Brands was on the verge of filing for bankruptcy a second time due to financial problems. The company stopped paying future pension benefits after August, thereby breaking its union contracts.[21] According to a Hostess worker at the time, "We understand that, should we pursue some form of legal action to require the company to live up to the terms of the contract, they may close, but we have come to believe that they will close anyway. We believe the company is poorly managed and the only hope is a complete change in management."[21]

On January 10, 2012, Hostess Brands filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy for the second time. In a statement in its filing, the company said it "is not competitive, primarily due to legacy pension and medical benefit obligations and restrictive work rules." The company said it employs 19,000 people and carries more than $860 million in debt. The company said it would continue to operate with $75 million debtor-in-possession financing from Monarch Alternative Capital, Silver Point Capital and other investors.[4]

@xnins, kick rocks joker. Your an imposter, and need to leave the big issues to the big boys. Your simple mistakes on terminal numerical codes were an OBVIOUS misstep to TRY and convince us that you're someone you're not. Nice try, but were not buying it. Goodbye.

Let's think about this for a second. If they are profitable except for the debt then KK's giveback figures show that they should be outta debt very soon if they spend our money wisely. If we are funding operational costs excluding the 1.4 billion in debt then we are just postponing the inevitable. If they can't turn a profit from moving frieght and use our money to pay the debt we will eventually close. I say pull the pin now.

They aren't 'using your money'. They are simply paying you less, because they are broke. They have no money. If they had money, you'd be making scale....

@xnins, kick rocks joker. Your an imposter, and need to leave the big issues to the big boys. Your simple mistakes on terminal numerical codes were an OBVIOUS misstep to TRY and convince us that you're someone you're not. Nice try, but were not buying it. Goodbye.

Whether he is or isn't- he makes valid points in both his posts. Listen to him or ignore him- the results are the same. The balloon payments are coming due. YRCW is seeking a solution. Fix it or suffer the consequences. Unless you're willing/able to assume the debt......

@Lager. :mf_swordfight: Ok I don't know every terminal code 100% off the top of my head there are quite a few ya know. Perhaps this will help to prove my current employment this would be my tax stub from 2012 with personal information removed for obvious reasons. I don't trust anyone. If you're still not satisfied feel free to test me in anyway you can. Or you can continue to attack credibility to ignore the facts I've posted on here.

View image: Remove personal info

I've been with YRC Freight for a little over two years in one of the call centers. (yes I really do work here if I didn't how do I know the terminal codes 309 chicago, 525 dallas, 187 brooklyn, 740 miami)

I think people are trying to hold on to what isn't anymore. I've been in the job market, it sucks. I'm less than 30 years old. Nobody gets pensions anymore unless your some bigwig. I can't believe that I'm getting paid 45% more for doing a job that is so damn simple. I used to work for banking company as customer service and now I'm doing the exact same thing here for 1.45 times more with three weeks vacation/sick pay vs two weeks vacation at the bank.

Whats done is done. I understand you don't like what happened but guess what business took a dive, competition has grown, bad decisions were made, there was a recession. Nobody is going to go back to what they made prior to these concessions I've heard about. So you make 15% less? Big deal you got a job that still pays more than anyone else for the same job. Consider yourself lucky I'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security.

If everyone is so happy to vote against this extension what are you going to do afterwards? Sure go on collect unemployment at well over half what you were making. Then what? You going to do that for a 12 months maybe then find another job that pays less? So let me get this right you're mad about a 15% cut in pay but you're more than happy to take a 50% cut for 12 months and then a permanent 20-40% cut with another company going forward. Oh and news flash all corporations are the same...profits profits profits. You're lucky to work for one that at least pays you better than counterparts in the industry.

Just my two cents. For all those who hate this company why haven't you left yet? You're not locked into a contract. Is it because you're not going to be able to find anything that pays this well or that you like as much?

Why are you still here? If things are so much greener on the other side who in their right mind would stay at YRC Freight. If you're still here what do you stand to gain from voting for no concessions? YRCW owes so much in debt that we'll probably never be free of it go look at the financials do the math we can't survive like this. Just because you vote no the board's not going to be like "Oh damn they called our bluff guys lets go open that vault of cash we had hidden from our balance sheet in the Caymen islands" You may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish.

DO THE MATH DO THE MATH DO THE MATH - do it for your personal situation, do it for the balance sheet, do it for the 100,000 people (families) who will be affected by your decision.

First off, are you male or female?
Because if you are male, your balls were probably cut off before reaching puberty.

Another classic management response, "if you don't like it here, then just quit!"
I don't need to quit just because you THINK I should.
You don't know my personal/private situation, so tighten up that bunghole.
Go back to that cushy telephone center. I couldn't care less whether you work for YRC or not.

How many ex YFSY/RDWY drivers do you really think FedEx, ConWay, OD or Estes will hire? I bet at least 1/2 of the freight goes that way should YRC close....something to ponder if you think you are just going to follow the freight.

Go back to your own board!

Funny how this "xnins" shows up on the day that most if not all Locals are having there meetings on the specifics of the latest proposal from the company. I smell a rat!

His wife probably works in the office. Time to make coffee, dear.

Go back to your own board!

Dodging his question? Are you Jeff, to say who posts? He has a valid question.

My guess to him would be : Conway has hired Teamsters in the past, yes. Estes might. OD definitely will NOT. I've tried, many others have tried. They are currently hiring 40 Road to position themselves in case of a YRCW close. I know the exTM there, and Office people there. Good Luck.... Fed-Ex, I have no idea....

First off, are you male or female?
Because if you are male, your balls were probably cut off before reaching puberty.

Another classic management response, "if you don't like it here, then just quit!"
I don't need to quit just because you THINK I should.
You don't know my personal/private situation, so tighten up that bunghole.
Go back to that cushy telephone center. I couldn't care less whether you work for YRC or not.
Not debating his points? Just insulting???

His wife probably works in the office. Time to make coffee, dear.

Ad Hominem (Argument To The Man):

attacking the person instead of attacking his argument. For example, "Von Daniken's books about ancient astronauts are worthless because he is a convicted forger and embezzler." (Which is true, but that's not why they're worthless.)

More Specifically -> Poisoning the well – a type of ad hominem where adverse information about a target is presented with the intention of discrediting everything that the target person says.

Description of Ad Hominem

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).
Example of Ad Hominem

Bill: "I believe that abortion is morally wrong."
Dave: "Of course you would say that, you're a priest."
Bill: "What about the arguments I gave to support my position?"
Dave: "Those don't count. Like I said, you're a priest, so you have to say that abortion is wrong. Further, you are just a lackey to the Pope, so I can't believe what you say."

Last edited by a moderator:
309 YRC Chicago

How many ex YFSY/RDWY drivers do you really think FedEx, ConWay, OD or Estes will hire? I bet at least 1/2 of the freight goes that way should YRC close....something to ponder if you think you are just going to follow the freight.

309 YRC Chicago

Dont waste your time with these guys they don't and won't get it. Just post a pic of your ballot with X in the No box. :fingure: hav a nice day !