Yellow | Customer Service Guy Speaking Requesting Vote Yes

So you are we and us? Just without the vote?

While I agree with "we" and "us" - I don't think that brings anyone around... However - no one out-rite jumps on me.. so maybe the "we" and "us" thing does work... at least it keeps you from getting your head knocked off!! LOL

Now, Now, can't we all just get along?

Personally, I hope this next proposal gets voted down also. Because..............
"I only have a job!" Am I sounding a tad bit selfish? No, not at all.
My "quality" of life has suffered for the past 5 years to the tune of 100k. Anyone else suffering?

I hear from fellow employees, "at least we will have stability for 5 years!"
How would any employee come up with that idea? Much less a 15 year employee.
There are no guarantees this extension will last 5 years.

My question is "Am I willing to suffer for another 5 years?"
The future. 10 years have passed. 200k poorer. I'm now OLD.
"What do you mean I don't have a pension and can't retire!"
There is always Social Security.................. What a happy ending!

I like call center guy!! 2 years and he still likes the company. Hey I've been here 21 years and I still like it here. I thought after 21 years I would be considered a senior driver but I am still at the bottom of the board. That being said I will vote yes if it is better than the last proposal. At least the IBT had a say so in this one. I am pretty sure it will pass this time. This mou may not contain all the bells and whistles we want but at least we were represented this time. Looking forward to hearing the details, and come on guys... Let's pass it for the "call center guy"!!!!!!!

Now, Now, can't we all just get along?

Personally, I hope this next proposal gets voted down also. Because..............
"I only have a job!" Am I sounding a tad bit selfish? No, not at all.
My "quality" of life has suffered for the past 5 years to the tune of 100k. Anyone else suffering?

If they paid you a dollar- that is a dollar you didn't have before. Since you probably made at least 50k a year, that's 250k you profited.

There is never a guarantee we live til tomorrow, let alone a guarantee of a company being in business. I've had more than one close on me I thought was solid. You didn't 'lose' a penny- if you had a paying job, you profited... if not, you work too cheap...

...ok sure? Even though that was not my main point to posting this, but ok go ahead and ignore the main point to focus on some insignificant wording.

Yes I work two jobs to get ahead in life. Not because I have to because I want to. I want to be financially stable to enjoy my life so I'm going to pay off my student loans as fast as I can.

I'm not lazy, I'm not asking for handouts, I work hard for a fair days wage. Everyone thinks they are so entitled these days. You old timers want to be served on a silver platter. Things change people. We are no longer Yellow or Roadway. It's no longer 1998. Things are difficult. Rather than complaining and taking a stand that no one is going to hear get your ass up and adjust to change. You don't like your pay try going out on your own. Start your own business! Then you will see how hard things really are.

At least there are some out there that can see the big picture. Remember what happened to Hostess? Union problems here too with poor management. Things will go the same way read below for what happened to them when they voted to no concessions.

By December 2011, it was reported that Hostess Brands was on the verge of filing for bankruptcy a second time due to financial problems. The company stopped paying future pension benefits after August, thereby breaking its union contracts.[21] According to a Hostess worker at the time, "We understand that, should we pursue some form of legal action to require the company to live up to the terms of the contract, they may close, but we have come to believe that they will close anyway. We believe the company is poorly managed and the only hope is a complete change in management."[21]

On January 10, 2012, Hostess Brands filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy for the second time. In a statement in its filing, the company said it "is not competitive, primarily due to legacy pension and medical benefit obligations and restrictive work rules." The company said it employs 19,000 people and carries more than $860 million in debt. The company said it would continue to operate with $75 million debtor-in-possession financing from Monarch Alternative Capital, Silver Point Capital and other investors.[4]

If it weren't for us "old timers" you wouldn't have a job. You are entitled to your opinion but show some respect. Do you call your Father an old timer? Also we don't have union problems we have management problems! Don't compare us to Hostess. We gave concessions. You weren't even employed here 5 years ago when we all sacrificed. I gave just in wages alone $12,000.00-13,000.00 per year. I'm choosing to stand up to these corporate bullies. We can only be pushed around so long.

Customer Service Guy Speaking Requesting Vote Yes :

I'm not sure what Customer Service Center you work at - but it's NOT MINE. If the trainer doesn't think you can cut it, your let go before your even put on the floor - it's by no means an easy job - so I'm not sure where you work or IF you work at YRC. It's stressful, demanding and frustrating. Working with ticked off and demanding customers is never easy. It's a "Thankless" job. Every day is a challenge. Most companies I've worked for give you a job that does not leave room for any "thinking outside the box" or thinking at all. You do ONE thing over and over every day to the point where your so bored your falling asleep. So no, this job is NOT easy! I work at the Union center in Sioux Falls where we are micro-managed to death. I think if they could put a camera at our cubicle, they would.

We KNOW no one has an easy job here - we've seen and talked to the terminals and dock workers and dispatchers and we know what pressure they are under and we've got their backs. We know the customer's lie to get what they want and think we're going to call the terminals and raise cane with them when we would never do that because of what they go through every day.

I think it's fairly simple decision: If you plan to vote NO, please ask yourself "can I make the same $$ somewhere else with the same benefits?" - then by all means, your free to leave. But don't Vote NO because of crap that happened in the past - we're living in the NOW, not in the PAST. Let those of us that NEED their jobs be able to keep them. Remember - there are not a lot of companies out there right now giving raises - I have a friend at Citibank that hasn't gotten a raise in 3 years.

So please, before you vote, remember how much worse it COULD be and MIGHT be depending on your vote. I just don't think what they were asking for the first time (for us) was not reason enough for me to vote NO. I was willing to sacrifice MY raise so the drivers could get one - we realize it's a stressful and thankless job. The insurance benefits is one of the main reasons that I'm still here and I need my job. I have total respect for what the drivers and dock workers do because we understand what they are dealing with on a daily basis.

I'm not sure what Customer Service Center you work at - but it's NOT MINE. If the trainer doesn't think you can cut it, your let go before your even put on the floor - it's by no means an easy job - so I'm not sure where you work or IF you work at YRC. It's stressful, demanding and frustrating. Working with ticked off and demanding customers is never easy. It's a "Thankless" job. Every day is a challenge. Most companies I've worked for give you a job that does not leave room for any "thinking outside the box" or thinking at all. You do ONE thing over and over every day to the point where your so bored your falling asleep. So no, this job is NOT easy! I work at the Union center in Sioux Falls where we are micro-managed to death. I think if they could put a camera at our cubicle, they would.

We KNOW no one has an easy job here - we've seen and talked to the terminals and dock workers and dispatchers and we know what pressure they are under and we've got their backs. We know the customer's lie to get what they want and think we're going to call the terminals and raise cane with them when we would never do that because of what they go through every day.

I think it's fairly simple decision: If you plan to vote NO, please ask yourself "can I make the same $$ somewhere else with the same benefits?" - then by all means, your free to leave. But don't Vote NO because of crap that happened in the past - we're living in the NOW, not in the PAST. Let those of us that NEED their jobs be able to keep them. Remember - there are not a lot of companies out there right now giving raises - I have a friend at Citibank that hasn't gotten a raise in 3 years.

So please, before you vote, remember how much worse it COULD be and MIGHT be depending on your vote. I just don't think what they were asking for the first time (for us) was not reason enough for me to vote NO. I was willing to sacrifice MY raise so the drivers could get one - we realize it's a stressful and thankless job. The insurance benefits is one of the main reasons that I'm still here and I need my job. I have total respect for what the drivers and dock workers do because we understand what they are dealing with on a daily basis.

Another first poster begging us to keep him employed. If you want a vote, sign a card pal. Otherwise but out.

But don't Vote NO because of crap that happened in the past

Are you serious??? What planet do you live on?? You make it like it will be the "NO" voters that change the course of this company..You sir most likely do not know what it is to lose a good portion of your paycheck..plus the fact that our pensions are totally screwed .. It is way too hard to forget what YRCW has done to us.. Their "Mismanagement" has changed many a life on here and I would say very few for the better.. Maybe it is time for you to go to one of those Temp agency's.. You can work cheap there...

Are you serious??? What planet do you live on?? You make it like it will be the "NO" voters that change the course of this company..You sir most likely do not know what it is to lose a good portion of your paycheck..plus the fact that our pensions are totally screwed .. It is way too hard to forget what YRCW has done to us.. Their "Mismanagement" has changed many a life on here and I would say very few for the better.. Maybe it is time for you to go to one of those Temp agency's.. You can work cheap there...

So the solution is to vote no(without even knowing yet what it is) and close the company down because unemployment pays better?
If there is a better job out there for any of us now is the time to find it, to think that this company has money they are hiding to give anything back is dreaming.

I DO know what it's like to lose a good portion of my paycheck - I've been unemployed and have had NO money coming in ..... I'd much rather have less of something and keep my insurance than have zero and still have to come up with the money to pay for insurance because if you go without insurance now, you get a fine at the end of the year .....

I DO know what it's like to lose a good portion of my paycheck - I've been unemployed and have had NO money coming in ..... I'd much rather have less of something and keep my insurance than have zero and still have to come up with the money to pay for insurance because if you go without insurance now, you get a fine at the end of the year .....

I can understand where your coming from but at what point will you say " I am not giving back anymore" They will keep coming back for more and when the time comes it will be you telling the same thing I am saying to you to the one who will work cheaper than you... The way I see it is the race to the bottom is full speed ahead..

So the solution is to vote no(without even knowing yet what it is) and close the company down because unemployment pays better?
If there is a better job out there for any of us now is the time to find it, to think that this company has money they are hiding to give anything back is dreaming.

I never implied about voting no before knowing what is to be voted on.. .. Reread what I posted..I quoted what Midozaja had said and I answered that.. It was more about how he put that "IF" you think about voting "NO" then do him a favor and find another job..

Is crazy an unemployed what?As far as im concerned after our last vote.Analyst have said that the teamsters have leverage now.Im unamused that you are unemployed.Such as life.Alot of folks keep making money off of our sacrafices.About time for us teamsters to get a little financial support.This is a five year deal.Does anyone want to be locked in with no chances of decent pay raises?I dont think so.What we all give collectively now.We will not get back.Unless there is a written agreement for near future pay raises.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

The way I see it is the race to the bottom is full speed ahead..

....and it will continue until you can not recruit and retain the quality of employee you desire without paying more. Why should I pay any more than it takes to attract and retain the quality employee I wish to employ? When quality employees are scarce, their value increases.

Looks like the man on layoff just doesn't understand what sacrifices his working brothers are putting up with,

I hope you get back to work soon yours is the real sacrifice the rest is just annoying in comparison

I see several of you responding to xnins' opening post. Since then he posted that he has seen the light, the company is out of control and he has left. :shrug: