Yellow | Customers Expecting Personal Info

slavenomore

TB Legend
PREMIUM
Credits
I'll be looking myself but posting may save time.

I know we have had guys refuse to go to customers who require showing or giving drivers license. Or they are not let in the gate without giving info.
Company has arranged with some, but not all customers, to accept our company ID instead of a license.
Ours even had our TSA # on it in case it's a defense deal or certain others require it.
That wasn't even good enough at one customer recently. They really want the drivers license.

A separate issue but related...is some now want our Yellow ID which is not something you'd want to give out to anybody.

Does anybody have an Article and Section in the contract relating to this stuff?

I can't remember where it is, I want to say NMFA, Article 24 but I'm driving and I don't have a hard copy with me. In a nutshell, if they aren't a Government entity or have a contract with the govt, (think of military contractors and the like), then the company ID card is all they get.

We have way too many drivers cave on this issue and the customers start expecting it from everyone. STAND UP for your rights.

I can't remember where it is, I want to say NMFA, Article 24 but I'm driving and I don't have a hard copy with me. In a nutshell, if they aren't a Government entity or have a contract with the govt, (think of military contractors and the like), then the company ID card is all they get.

We have way too many drivers cave on this issue and the customers start expecting it from everyone. STAND UP for your rights.
I would think that even goverent should accept our Company ID card with our TSA number on it.

Here it is from the 2008-2013 NMFA Article 24, second paragraph:

No employee will be required to have their drivers license reproduced in any manner except by their employer, law enforcement agencies, government facilities and facilities operating under government contracts that require such identification to enter the facility.

That's perfect.
It's the same Article in the April, 2019 through March 2024 contract.