New Penn | customers

UnionTrucka

TB Regular
Credits
at our terminal, get tons of USF frt. to be delivered. however, taking away from the new business, are you guys still seeing frt. from your old customers ? deliveries and pickups ? personally, on my route, i've lost a couple.

The truckingboards are a good indiction of who has the freight or who's in turmoil. USF is a good example, our # of post's are laging way behind everyone else. I guess, at this point no news is good news. Justice I've noticed some NP frt moving through our TM in Me. I del. to a lot of rural areas in W Tenn, N Miss, and N Al. Wilson interlines a lot of this frt with local cartages. So that would make a 3 line haul. Is our NE frt del this way up north? I p/u a ton of Cub lawntractors going up yonder. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
The truckingboards are a good indiction of who has the freight or who's in turmoil. USF is a good example, our # of post's are laging way behind everyone else. I guess, at this point no news is good news. Justice I've noticed some NP frt moving through our TM in Me. I del. to a lot of rural areas in W Tenn, N Miss, and N Al. Wilson interlines a lot of this frt with local cartages. So that would make a 3 line haul. Is our NE frt del this way up north? I p/u a ton of Cub lawntractors going up yonder. GRIZZ

we usually deliver all the USF frt. ourselves. we gave away some loads this week because there were a total of 26 guys out of work on 1 day (vacations, comp., and bookoffs). and whatever we give away it certainly aint none of the USF frt. some days 90% of what im delivering is your guys frt.

UnionTrucka said:
we usually deliver all the USF frt. ourselves. we gave away some loads this week because there were a total of 26 guys out of work on 1 day (vacations, comp., and bookoffs). and whatever we give away it certainly aint none of the USF frt. some days 90% of what im delivering is your guys frt.
Thanks for the reply trucka. I'm glad to hear USF frt is staying in the family. I believe good things are happening in the YRC/regional sector. If they would just put Bestway on the right track this train would really start to roll. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
Thanks for the reply trucka. I'm glad to hear USF frt is staying in the family. I believe good things are happening in the YRC/regional sector. If they would just put Bestway on the right track this train would really start to roll. GRIZZ

you got it grizz....how's NP's frt. doing in your part of town ?

UnionTrucka said:
you got it grizz....how's NP's frt. doing in your part of town ?
GRIZZ correct me if Im wrong :chairshot:I believe Newpenn is still giving the tenn.freight to Wilson.And like Uniontrucka said the holland/usf stuff is keeping us busy when most of the freight companies in the area are basicly still slow for this time of the year.Without it I guess we would be slow too:duh:.....CRAZY

Trucka to be honest, HMES has backed off the NE frt since our expansion was stopped. Selling mostly direct points(nextday and 2nd day). They've determined that is our most profitable frt. Old USF couldn't figure that out. Seems to be working because our OR is getting back where it suppose to be. Noticed in your profile NY p&d. That must be an experience every driver should have. I'm lucky, I peddle W Tennessee's mostly rural areas. I drive between 300-400 miles a day. No traffic to speak of. Well its Mothers Day and my honey do list is on the frig. Have a good day. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
Trucka to be honest, HMES has backed off the NE frt since our expansion was stopped. Selling mostly direct points(nextday and 2nd day). They've determined that is our most profitable frt. Old USF couldn't figure that out. Seems to be working because our OR is getting back where it suppose to be. Noticed in your profile NY p&d. That must be an experience every driver should have. I'm lucky, I peddle W Tennessee's mostly rural areas. I drive between 300-400 miles a day. No traffic to speak of. Well its Mothers Day and my honey do list is on the frig. Have a good day. GRIZZ

that's right, p&d baby ! i travel no such rural areas. there's always areas where i'll hit heavy traffic spots but when your in Manhattan, forget about it. stop & go on every block and hardly any parking but that's ok with me because they're beautiful ladies everywhere you look and your getting paid by the hour so who cares, im lovin it !

Grizz said:

Grizz,

I drive NY Metro area for Big R, It probably takes me longer to drive the 75 to 90 miles on my route than it does for you to do 300 - 400. Midtown Manhattan can take half an hour just to go around the corner sometimes.

UnionTrucka said:
i travel no such rural areas. there's always areas where i'll hit heavy traffic spots but when your in Manhattan, forget about it. stop & go on every block and hardly any parking but that's ok with me because they're beautiful ladies everywhere you look and your getting paid by the hour so who cares, im lovin it !
How many parking tickets do you typically come back with in a day?