Yellow | $$ CUTS be the final nail in the coffin ?????

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Will these last pension $$$ cuts be the final nail in the coffin for yrcw ?? really think about this , how are they going to keep drivers ? or hire driver's ? or grow the company with no driver's ?? really think about what does yrcw have left to offer ??? health ins., thats about it ? It used to be , get hired at a union company for the pension , not any more !! So If you are job hunting , WHAT would make you apply at yrcw ??? :tr10driving03:

here in the bay area California jc7 health care cost you money out of your check now 0 pension contribution and rate of pay doesn't even cover the cost of living Yrc is a losing company to be with now there's no point after my vacation in November it's time to leave

Will these last pension $$$ cuts be the final nail in the coffin for yrcw ?? really think about this , how are they going to keep drivers ? or hire driver's ? or grow the company with no driver's ?? really think about what does yrcw have left to offer ??? health ins., thats about it ? It used to be , get hired at a union company for the pension , not any more !! So If you are job hunting , WHAT would make you apply at yrcw ??? :tr10driving03:
This is just a hunch, but I believe not long after the cuts take effect, the company will want to sit down with the union and possibly negotiate some kind of two tier contract similar to the UAW. Maybe make higher pension contributions in return for a completely different contract for new hires? Just me thinking out loud.

Do you all realize the pension cuts are affecting ALL CSPF participants? Not just YRCW.
I do. I also believe a reduced pension is better then none, but most young people don't look that far down the road, and with these cuts I doubt they would believe they would ever receive a pension. Lord knows these folks at Cspf have proven they can't manage money. So I do believe substantial changes are going to have to be made to attract new hires.

I do. I also believe a reduced pension is better then none, but most young people don't look that far down the road, and with these cuts I doubt they would believe they would ever receive a pension. Lord knows these folks at Cspf have proven they can't manage money. So I do believe substantial changes are going to have to be made to attract new hires.

western states get their 25% in a 401k, new hires will SEE all the money being put into their retirement, unlike other parts of the country, where you watch that money get flushed down the toilet. NYS pension fund is in almost as bad of shape as CSPF, and the rehabilitation plan that its currently under makes your 25% a total waste of money. over 4000 dollars a year, and it gets you around 10 dollars ANNUALLY. if they kicked that 2 dollars an hour into a 401k? that would be a good start.

they could also downgrade the insurance to a plan that is still good, but not the great plan we have now. it could save money, and take the money saved and put it toward wages. in NYS h&w funds, there are 4 plans, and we are currently paying into the best plan. its great, but they could take it down a notch and probably save a couple hundred a month, at least.