cutting costs

fuel savings

Since most of us are parked at a facility at nite, would it be cost effective to look into some sort of idle air system? You wouldnt need all the fancy extras but just heat or ac. If they just put in 20 or 30 spots at j2 you would think it could pay for itself soon.

Since most of us are parked at a facility at nite, would it be cost effective to look into some sort of idle air system? You wouldnt need all the fancy extras but just heat or ac. If they just put in 20 or 30 spots at j2 you would think it could pay for itself soon.

i belive this goes back to my 1st suggestion on cost cutting. a.p.u.'s on every truck road- regional. do u think if enough of us say this it would get to the right person who could make it happen??

i belive this goes back to my 1st suggestion on cost cutting. a.p.u.'s on every truck road- regional. do u think if enough of us say this it would get to the right person who could make it happen??
back in late 1999 to early 2000 they had a trial run with the apu's,not sure on who's decision it was after the trial they where removed from the test trucks,the units where fairly new technology at the time but the drivers who had them liked them,just another in the positive moves made by our equipment people

skull here is the problem with a bunk house 1st of all it is not necessary and if you go to j-1 and go upstairs to the men's room look how drivers weather in the co or outside carriers effed it up wrighting on the walls etc.. some people just have no respect but i do beleave there is an answer out there

need to leave the trks set at factory specs i drove 24201 set at cat specs top speed 94mph ran and pulled great average 6.5 7mpg they went in and reset the specs i was lucky to get 4.5 5mpg drove that trk a yr and half b4 they cut it so now it costs them 38,000 dolloars more a yr to run trk on this same shuttle/relay ran 24/7 me and another shared this trk hell to me 38grand nice little bit change for fuel

I hear ya misfit i also get the same crappy mpg. i had a 96 frtlnr that was getting 6.72 now they took my truck away, because they said they could not get any more deprication out of it. and put me in a 2000 volvo that only gets 4.9 .thats right i am getting 1.82 miles worse with a newer truck than with and old one. and then the will tell us that ,thats the way they are set up for best fuel economy, thats bull. I think that somebody needs to tell Ken A. or Jeff B. to wake up and reset the trucks so we can save money or somebody needs to tell Dave G. what the hell is happening

you can't be serious. If i have to be away from home, it sure isn't in a little room where someone else just got done using it and may or may not have changed the sheets. I'll take sleeper.

Bunkhouses

you can't be serious. If i have to be away from home, it sure isn't in a little room where someone else just got done using it and may or may not have changed the sheets. I'll take sleeper.

Good for you, Notneb: I never used a bunkhouse as a driver, but I did with my Dad when I was a kid. Human dignity comes into play here. You worry about noise, personal and private possession security, cleanliness, the whole nine yds. If you younger guys who've never experienced a bunkhouse want them, then volunteer, but leave the rest of us out of it. If we're not good enough for a motel room when our truck is out of service, as a road driver, then we don't need to work here. This is 2008, not 1950.

Have you noticed the restrooms since the number-crunchers cut back on cleaning?:puke:

Good for you, Notneb: I never used a bunkhouse as a driver, but I did with my Dad when I was a kid. Human dignity comes into play here. You worry about noise, personal and private possession security, cleanliness, the whole nine yds. If you younger guys who've never experienced a bunkhouse want them, then volunteer, but leave the rest of us out of it. If we're not good enough for a motel room when our truck is out of service, as a road driver, then we don't need to work here. This is 2008, not 1950.

Have you noticed the restrooms since the number-crunchers cut back on cleaning?:puke:
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way. At least I know where my sheets in my sleeper with my tv, and my dvd player have been.

Hey , I just heard from an New Century driver that they bought the Burlington facility and it will be completed in mid March...any truth? That would be a HUGH deal for both Jevic and Harry!