FedEx Freight | Cutting hours

GSqueeze

TB Lurker
Credits
My terminal in the past month brought in a cartage company to handle most of our residential/lift gate deliveries. Now we have a new bid with four day work weeks and very limited early start times. So I’m assuming they are paying these cartage company guys less and cutting our hours. We were balls to the wall for months and now we’re getting about 15-20 trailers per day cut off our operation for the cartage guys. It’s unbelievable.

No cartage companies here, but we're a bunch of savages that would make sure those guys think twice before bumping a FXF dock again. I think our management team knows that. We've had some 4-10s for a while and it's usually the older guys that take them. They don't care about the hours, but they're not ready to retire.

Freight has been getting moved all around the network. I'm curious to see where that goes, but city operations have been the same as they've always been.

My terminal in the past month brought in a cartage company to handle most of our residential/lift gate deliveries. Now we have a new bid with four day work weeks and very limited early start times. So I’m assuming they are paying these cartage company guys less and cutting our hours. We were balls to the wall for months and now we’re getting about 15-20 trailers per day cut off our operation for the cartage guys. It’s unbelievable.
They were using cartage companies before i left XPO, so it's not just at FedEx

And now you know how road drivers have felt for some time, with the increases in rail, PT and power only teams.
We heard it’s just good business practices, deal with it from a lot of local people.
It was good business in Charl.
When a pig trailer left the yard, the switchers recorded the numbers, if an extra board man didn't get out, he was paid the trip, no questions asked.

Well,
All ya'll did was bitch and bitch about the Direct service, and how ya'll didn't want to do it.
So, here we are.
Ohhh well live and learn . We have drivers that do exactly the same stops and area everyday and will cry a river of tears if you give them anything else than the little Butthole neighborhood that they been doing for 20+ years .

Breeze , that's your girlfriend's underpants on the flagpole of your boat . God ! I tell you this every time we tie up to the pier ya got to get something new like the Smokestack skull & crossbones .
Almost had more bad news last night Smoke, mama came in from church, said I'm now an official Babpist breeder.
I said What in hell is a baptist breeder?
She said, greeter hon, greeter, you need to get your hearing aid checked.