Estes | Cutting runs

Buffard T

TB Lurker
Credits
Any terminal cutting runs??? 024 is cutting many runs , the main reason is to create extra board drivers , they can't hire any drivers at 024, so they will make sure they have extra board drivers by cutting their runs , some drivers will just move on !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any terminal cutting runs??? 024 is cutting many runs , the main reason is to create extra board drivers , they can't hire any drivers at 024, so they will make sure they have extra board drivers by cutting their runs , some drivers will just move on !!!

We are going to be like YRC. Most of there drivers are extraboard. That's what Al Bucher wants is more extraboard . He came from there. We all see how they are doing now.
Extraboard out of 055 are not allowed to cover vacations runs anymore . Only combo and city!!
Because they cannt find any extraboard guys to hire.
There will be a lot of extra board guys to replace you when YRC ****** *** ******.

Last edited by a moderator:
There we go again hoping YRC folds, like that will make things better at Big E, some of you guys crack me up, think about the people that lose there jobs and stop thinking about yourself..

I have been here 8 years and right from the start I was told that extra broad drivers aren't suppose to cover any runs if the terminal didn't have a utility driver to cover the run then they are suppose to use a city driver that was told to me by several different dispatchers in Richmond...But like most other things around here most of the terminals did what they wanted to do regardless of company policy... Most West Middlesex drivers do way to much crying when things don't go there way because there old TM did what ever he wanted... As far as hiring a bunch more road drivers it is mostly due from the company going to E-Logs since central really doesn't have a clue on how to utilize the drivers time that they already have in place... As one TM told me one day they meaning (Central Dispatch) move guys and freight on a wing and a prayer hoping to get the freight moved... As a extra board driver and along with any other extra board driver that works here we all know they have no idea how to get the most out of a drivers time here... Hoping one day they will figure it out....

I have been here 8 years and right from the start I was told that extra broad drivers aren't suppose to cover any runs if the terminal didn't have a utility driver to cover the run then they are suppose to use a city driver that was told to me by several different dispatchers in Richmond...But like most other things around here most of the terminals did what they wanted to do regardless of company policy... Most West Middlesex drivers do way to much crying when things don't go there way because there old TM did what ever he wanted... As far as hiring a bunch more road drivers it is mostly due from the company going to E-Logs since central really doesn't have a clue on how to utilize the drivers time that they already have in place... As one TM told me one day they meaning (Central Dispatch) move guys and freight on a wing and a prayer hoping to get the freight moved... As a extra board driver and along with any other extra board driver that works here we all know they have no idea how to get the most out of a drivers time here... Hoping one day they will figure it out....
Thye have went astray here at Estes... They've forgotten what we do... It's sad to so many people's thinking went out with the trash....

So you are saying that old TM should of pulled 20 drivers from 32 driver city . To cover Linehaul runs atleast 65% of the year . So who would pickup the frieght ?? That's why we had 32 extra board drivers. I guess we are crybabies. That city driver Utilty driver works find when u only have 10 line haul runs like Richmond .. Call Harrisburg ask them who covers runs. See what they tell ya . Sorry thing is they are under the same district manager..