XPO | CVS Caremark

How would you rate your experience with CVS Caremark ?

• Good

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Not so good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horrible

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
CVS Caremark is our prescription benefits administrator for those who are unaware it is no longer Express Scripts.

I don't deal with cvs Caremark closest one to me is almost 30 miles away I go to rite aid
All of your prescriptions are handled by CVS Caremark. Do not confuse it with CVS pharmacy. CVS Caremark is the new administrator of the prescriptions benefit plan. All prescriptions go through them for approval Regardless of where you actually purchased them. They are the replacement for Xpress script.

Xpo has greatly increased the number of drugs that require pre-authorization through CVS Caremark. Drugs that routinely did not require authorization are now required to have pre-authorization submit it to CVS Caremark from your doctor before they will be prescribed . It is my understanding that a large number of prescriptions are now required to go through this process. The denial rate is high. Employees Will be directed to have their doctors reevaluate their prescription for drugs that did not need it in the past. In most cases the human resources apartment will need to get involved to move the process along in some type of timely manner. That is if you can get in contact with the HR department. I feel that this will lead to many people paying for prescriptions that were covered under the plan in previous years paying out their own pockets for the entire cost of the prescription. I suggest if someone were to find themselves in this denial process to persevere before they pay for the drug out of their own pocket. They do not make it easy but in most cases if you pursue it they will eventually pay the claim. The individuals that happened to at our terminal now have to go on a year dear approval process for medication that they’ve been taking long-term and have never had a problem with it being paid by the insurance company.

This reduction in your benefit may wind up being very costly to some individuals.

I think the need for 75% of prescriptions would be gone if people took better care of themselves. I'm fine with this - an individual's poor self care isn't a shared risk or cost.

A healthy diet and 30 minutes of movement per day is free.

I think the need for 75% of prescriptions would be gone if people took better care of themselves. I'm fine with this - an individual's poor self care isn't a shared risk or cost.

A healthy diet and 30 minutes of movement per day is free.
In an ideal world. We are dealing with the real world however.
Is this going to turn into a Glassdoor scenario.