Pitt-Ohio | daily lay off

that isnt good ..i have heard pitt was in some trouble...they moved a guy from nj out to pa and he works maybe half the time he did in nj..wish you guys the best..we are ALL struggling out there and if anybody says otherwise, better get your boots on because it's gonna get deep

its almost sept vactions over . pittohio op ratio around 97.5 they are ok everybody moving freight for nothing trying to keep yellow down !

its almost sept vactions over . pittohio op ratio around 97.5 they are ok everybody moving freight for nothing trying to keep yellow down !
We're about to see some real poker playing over the winter months. Gonna be an interesting show to say the least.

Daily layoffs,its called being in the hole, its all apart of Pitt every Term has it and has had it for a long time. Freight levels dictate the number of drivers needed so if no freight no work but that for 1 day a week then its someone else turn. If your at the bottom of the seniority list then your a member of the In the Hole Gang, I am a member been there for almost 3 years now. If your on the call list then guess what!! Hey its a part of climbing the ladder at Pitt. Nothing New.

I don't see it as keeping Yellow down.Every company cutting rates trying to fill their trailers. Talked with salesman about one of the customers on my route that we lost because of someone cutting rates, this is industry wide.

It takes longer to go broke sitting still than to run up the run for nothing.

I don't see it as keeping Yellow down.Every company cutting rates trying to fill their trailers. Talked with salesman about one of the customers on my route that we lost because of someone cutting rates, this is industry wide.

It takes longer to go broke sitting still than to run up the run for nothing.

I dont know. I see it as the other companies going after YRC.

Its corporate cutthroats at their best, trying to make YRC die and go away. REMEMBER, its the guys at the top, dont want to see anyone lose their job, income, insurance etc.

This is like 4 gas stations on a corner haveing a pricing war, the ones with the deepest pockets will win. I guess they're trying to figure out who will run out of money first.

Sucks for all of us, they just keep reducing pay and bene's to pay for their game.

To much manufacturing went offshore, hate to say it, but, govt. let it happen, even endorsed it, they didnt look far enough ahead to see the real impact it would have.

Now, everyone is paying the price so some company can look good on the Dow Jones.

Its all about the God of green and the bottom line. No morals, no ethics and no integrity. Thats the new way of doing business in the United States of America.

if other company's were in the shape that yrc is in now, and yrc was top terd on the hill, they would have yrc salespeople say and do the same thing that yrc is crying about now .

pitt has always had a small call in list. We are one of the few ltl companies making money and we are doing it with out under cutting anyone. As a matter of fact we have walked away from the non-profitable frt. I think I would rather take a rotating day off than to be laid off. Didn't we all get a bonus at the end of the year and we also got a pay raise when most are taking pay cuts, And pitt is still contributing into the profit sharing, as well as still providing us with no cost to us health care.

every thing you say is right but the term i work out of has 14 drivers and some dock off i am at 6 months on dock i have 11 years at pitt

I understand, but these are very hard times and you are still working. I have been with pitt for 13 years and I would not want to go to the either, Most of the east coast terms are very slow. I run line haul and pull heavy every nite (out and back ). Hopefully things will get back to normal sooner than later.