ODFL | Dallas linehaul info

Most of the Dallas extra board drivers I’ve talked to think they over hired and are waiting around 24 hours for loads most days.

Company over hired on linehaul all over this year. Good job if ya like to work 3 days a week.

Can anybody give me some info what a new hire would expect for runs, keeping busy, sleeper teams etc. Thanks!
I know that they are about to rebid in Dallas and they are adding 2 wild team positions. You would have a start day each week and run 6 days and then be off 2 days.

Sure is strange that we’re hurting for drivers at our terminal. But then what do I know. I’m just a stupid line driver. Right old man.

Youre only busy thanks to Sea, one of the country’s busiest terminals with the largest growth and management better than what yours will ever become. Look anywhere in the country you’ll see line drivers sitting and complaining on lack of work.

I admit that y’all need more room. Is that why Olympia is getting a bunch of doors.

If you knew your stuff you know Olympia is getting a big part of our territory yet again because we growing so much. Meanwhile, Pdx spk boi Cve all very slow growth and only keeping busy bc of sea.

If you knew your stuff you know Olympia is getting a big part of our territory yet again because we growing so much. Meanwhile, Pdx spk boi Cve all very slow growth and only keeping busy bc of sea.

BOI is keeping busy cause they are a break now, not from your hard work.... But still lacking on consistent busyness for lines. Down south it is busy busy busy, did I say busy?, for now anyways. Wait, I just pulled 2 SEA trailers a few days in a row, so Billy your busy cause of my hard work! Your Welcome little buddy!

BOI is keeping busy cause they are a break now, not from your hard work.... But still lacking on consistent busyness for lines. Down south it is busy busy busy, did I say busy?, for now anyways. Wait, I just pulled 2 SEA trailers a few days in a row, so Billy your busy cause of my hard work! Your Welcome little buddy!

No, you are only busy because you are helping to feed the monster that is Sea. Boi is a mini break, no one noticed the change in ops and the yard is cleaned out every night with many drivers sitting at home not working.

No, you are only busy because you are helping to feed the monster that is Sea. Boi is a mini break, no one noticed the change in ops and the yard is cleaned out every night with many drivers sitting at home not working.

My bad Billy, I keep forgetting that without you OD would be nothing. Thank You for all you do! But I will say this, you may want to recheck some of your info on BOI, just sayin, some kinda true and some not so true.

But you are right that they did over hire in the NW (I try to keep my comments to areas I know what I'm talking about) this year, it never seemed to take off like they thought it would. A few terminals have had drivers at other terminals to keep them busy. Correct me if I am wrong, but SEA is the number 2 busiest terminal, at least out west right? They seem to always over hire but it seems to always work out in the end, I am hopeful the same goes this time around. Especially since I want to transfer.

Last edited:
My bad Billy, I keep forgetting that without you OD would be nothing. Thank You for all you do! But I will say this, you may want to recheck some of your info on BOI, just sayin, some kinda true and some not so true.

But you are right that they did over hire in the NW (I try to keep my comments to areas I know what I'm talking about) this year, it never seemed to take off like they thought it would. A few terminals have had drivers at other terminals to keep them busy. Correct me if I am wrong, but SEA is the number 2 busiest terminal, at least out west right? They seem to always over hire but it seems to always work out in the end, I am hopeful the same goes this time around. Especially since I want to transfer.

Spk sends line drivers over to boi for a week at a time just to keep them busy. Sea always over hires because we only hire rookies out of school. It usually takes them 3-6 months to figure out trucking isn’t in them so they leave the company. Line doesn’t leave due to it being easiest job in the industry. They will cry and tell you how bad it is but yet never search around at the many different company lookin for driver.

hopefully BOI is busy enough to keep me rolling. I’m hoping to land at OD when I move to Boise in March.

Good luck, do not over extend yourself financially. Those guys do not work every night on the wild board and that is the honest truth. They over hire before winter to have enough drivers to run doubles over the blues. Once spring comes, all work dies off.

Yep, and Mastio man could be the main reason, drivers use up their hours on your zero turns and milking Ump's
goats.