R&L | Dallas, Texas

jr_vas

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, I just had an interview today with R&L. When I went in, I was just explained the job and told to fill out an application. I was called because I sent in my resume via the careerbuilder website. What I am wondering is, I got a speeding ticket back in Dec of '05. The company that I work for right now showed me my MVR and it said clean. I've been in Texas for a year and a half and am having trouble getting a driving job. I have almost 4 yrs of local driving experience in California (L.A.). Any tips of what I am doing wrong? I've been turned down by FedEx freight, Conway, Saia, ABF, Central Freight, Central Transport, and UPS. I just can't seem to catch a break.

Not to many companies hiring right now might have to wait for spring. March or April. Do u have any medical issues they r not suppose to disciminate but they do. Good luck.

I do not have any medical issues. I applied to those companies because I have seen their postings. I have been applying since last year. I appreciate your reply, and thank you for the well wishes.

go to the website R+L Carriers and check for employment. If they are not looking for anyone they will still take your app and keep on file. They ck mvr records going back 3 years.

Do you have aHaz-mat on your lic you need that almost all LTL companys haul Haz-mat if you dont have this on your lic maybe thats why they don't look at your appliction i hope this might help ....if you do and you say the speed tickit does not show you might need a state to state mvr like a nation wide check .. hope this can help

I do have Haz-mat, doubles/triples, and tanker endorsements. On all applications, they want a 10 yr work history and I have had a lot of jobs. Once I got my CDL, I was steady. Do employers hold that against me? I have shown that once I got into the driving field, I was more stable. My problem is now that I can't get back into the field. I can't go OTR because I have 2 small kids. I was turned down by Central Transport because they said that I don't have recent driving experience, yet their job posting wants at least 6 mos experience and I have almost 4yrs. I thank all that have replied to my inquiry.

I do have Haz-mat, doubles/triples, and tanker endorsements. On all applications, they want a 10 yr work history and I have had a lot of jobs. Once I got my CDL, I was steady. Do employers hold that against me? I have shown that once I got into the driving field, I was more stable. My problem is now that I can't get back into the field. I can't go OTR because I have 2 small kids. I was turned down by Central Transport because they said that I don't have recent driving experience, yet their job posting wants at least 6 mos experience and I have almost 4yrs. I thank all that have replied to my inquiry.

I am not a R&L employee, but i can tell you why you were turned down by Saia. It is b/c of the many jobs listed on your resume. i say that b/c i remember when my TM was looking at my app., he stated it should not be a problem for me to get hired b/c i had only had 2 previous jobs and had a year driving experince. it sucks they would hold non driving jobs against you, but they do. i wish you all the best at getting back into the saddle again.

Thank you for the well wishes. It seems that all the carriers are holding those jobs against me. It is funny, b/c the more time passes by to get some of those jobs off the 10 yr history, they would not want me because of lack of "recent" driving experience. I guess I am now a "former" truck driver.

Hello, I just had an interview today with R&L. When I went in, I was just explained the job and told to fill out an application. I was called because I sent in my resume via the careerbuilder website. What I am wondering is, I got a speeding ticket back in Dec of '05. The company that I work for right now showed me my MVR and it said clean. I've been in Texas for a year and a half and am having trouble getting a driving job. I have almost 4 yrs of local driving experience in California (L.A.). Any tips of what I am doing wrong? I've been turned down by FedEx freight, Conway, Saia, ABF, Central Freight, Central Transport, and UPS. I just can't seem to catch a break.

Why aren't you applying at Roadway? They might not be hiring now, but I guarantee you will get hired for a road driver if you meet the background check. There may be some positions once they approve the contract and this new Utility driver position is started. Home every night. One speeding ticket is nothing. Looks like they are hiring a casual Mechanic right now. I'd apply for the job and maybe they will let you move over to casual on the dock. Roadway: Career Resource Center