TForce | Dallas

exprez

TB Lurker
Credits
Has there been any progress regarding the illegal use of contract carriers and owner ops while members are laid off that can be reported yet?

As far as I can tell, no progress has been made. They have still been contracting the "dead line" freight. We have more contractors now than before. It used to be just CRST. Now we have CRST, Werner, and Covenant all running out of my yard. We are a terminal that is very close to Dallas. Lately, we have no been loading them at our yard. We have been running it on pups and letting our road guys take it to Dallas. Have no idea where it goes from there.

[quote author=scaldeddog link=topic=80034.msg829142#msg829142 date=1273684869]
we loaded 3 contract carrs today going to SLC.........3 dvrs laid off .... we gotta stop this
[/quote]This is where the grievance procedure has to be utilized to get these drivers paid. This is a blatant violation regarding using outside carriers while bargaining unit members are on lay off.

[quote author=CharlieFoxtrot link=topic=80034.msg829911#msg829911 date=1273894775]
SCM job opened at Garland, Tx. any info on this?
[/quote]

This is a first. More info please.

Terminal manager in Gar 180 has not been fired. I know this for a fact. I thought this thread was titled Dallas? I realize were only 21 miles from there, but the question to start with was a "any news" comment. To the best of my knowledge, nothing new to report on the pending arbitration. If anyone would like updates on the little 42 door terminal that I call home, I'd be more than happy to oblige you. This terminal is just like most, less road runs and more contractors than when we became union. Yes, grievances are filed, when the contract is violated.

[quote author=lostcausenjtown link=topic=80034.msg828867#msg828867 date=1273590673]
As far as I can tell, no progress has been made. They have still been contracting the "dead line" freight. We have more contractors now than before. It used to be just CRST. Now we have CRST, Werner, and Covenant all running out of my yard. We are a terminal that is very close to Dallas. Lately, we have no been loading them at our yard. We have been running it on pups and letting our road guys take it to Dallas. Have no idea where it goes from there.
[/[quote author=lostcausenjtown link=topic=80034.msg828867#msg828867 date=1273590673]
As far as I can tell, no progress has been made. They have still been contracting the nulldead linenull freight. We have more contractors now than before. It used to be just CRST. Now we have CRST, Werner, and Covenant all running out of my yard. We are a terminal that is very close to Dallas. Lately, we have no been loading them at our yard. We have been running it on pups and letting our road guys take it to Dallas. Have no idea where it goes from there.
[/quote]quote]Lostcause do yopu work in Garland? If so what do you do there...city, dock, or road?

[quote author=lostcausenjtown link=topic=80034.msg830000#msg830000 date=1273932907]
No, L.U., but work very close.
[/quote]Hmm...must be a Ft.Worth drier