FedEx Freight | Damaged Cargo?

faithhope

TB Lurker
Credits
In the east we have a facility to sell damaged cargo and overages to recoup money. Can anybody on the west tell me what you guys do with damages and overages? Do you guys have a facility? I heard you guys have something in Sacremento with only three people working there to reclaim losses. Surely as big as California is, their is something else their?
Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.
:smilie_132:

Yes there is an OSD warehouse in Sac. I don't know how many people work in it. I think most of our OSD issues are handled at the service center level. What cannot be resolved by local OSD clerks is then sent to the OSD warehouse and sold/auctioned in lots to freight liquidators.

I appreciate the response. One reason I asked is because they are going to take the one in the east and west to be managed under a new division. The are going to call it Fedex Systems.

Hairbair's response is correct, the only time we send anything to the OSD Whse is if the shipment is if the shipment is deemed unsalvagable by the shipper and consignee. Not sure how many employees they have but I would assume maybe 3 or 4. There isn't much volume going into OSD whse.

MR.Viking said:
Hairbair's response is correct, the only time we send anything to the OSD Whse is if the shipment is if the shipment is deemed unsalvagable by the shipper and consignee. Not sure how many employees they have but I would assume maybe 3 or 4. There isn't much volume going into OSD whse.

Not trying to put in any digs.But the trailers you get from the east must be loaded allot better then the trailers from the west. Maybe you west guys should start working the dock. That way the freight that comes east might arrive in better shape.:nutkick:

Pompano said:
Not trying to put in any digs.But the trailers you get from the east must be loaded allot better then the trailers from the west. Maybe you west guys should start working the dock. That way the freight that comes east might arrive in better shape.:nutkick:
The only way that will happen is if they stop paying the dock super's veep(bonus) on load averages> Also, they need to pay and train the dock workers better so they will stay. Just my opinion!!

Pompano said:

I have had the pleasure off working the SAC and STK breakbulk shifts I would agree with you things could always be loaded with more deligence and care but I wouldn't say that is just a West issue. I've also seen some inbound trailer that were loaded be East that came in on purchase trans and East pups, and I wouldn't exactly call them dream loads!

P.S. Maybe pleasure wasn't the word I should have used!

faithhope said:
I appreciate the response. One reason I asked is because they are going to take the one in the east and west to be managed under a new division. The are going to call it Fedex Systems.

Actually, there is already a "company" within Freight named FedEx Freight System. It was started a couple of years ago; made up of the combined IT, customer service, and accounts receivables departments from both east and west. Effective June 1, it will contain combined marketing and risk management departments. Gary B. from HRO is also "transfering" to this part of the company to focus on long term operations planning and stuff.

You are correct on the central os&d office in SAC; it will be part of the combined risk management department.