FedEx Freight | Damn - Lost one in ND - Condolences go out

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
"According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, a fatality inspection has been started at a FedEx freight facility in the West Fargo area.

KVLY reports the incident happened on Wednesday at a facility located at 2500 Third Ave. NW.

Officials said a 29-year-old man was attempting to recoup shifted inventory on a pallet inside a trailer. He was trying to move the pallet so that a forklift could move it, but it tipped over and crushed him.

OSHA reports its investigation remains ongoing.

Officials have not immediately identified the man who died."

I've done this many times. Climb on a deck, rig straps and beams then hope for the best. It's not a secret. Every supervisor knows what's going on and they don't care as long as they don't have to deal with it.

I won't be doing this anymore. We'll have some meetings about it, follow through for a week and everything will go back to the way it was before this.

I've done this many times. Climb on a deck, rig straps and beams then hope for the best. It's not a secret. Every supervisor knows what's going on and they don't care as long as they don't have to deal with it.

I won't be doing this anymore. We'll have some meetings about it, follow through for a week and everything will go back to the way it was before this.
Your last sentence is very true, and correct.

Absolutely tragic and senseless. If people would stop loading trailers with the attitude of "I don't care how hard it's going to be for someone else to unload this, as long as I get it on there," stuff like this wouldn't happen.

It pisses me off. People care more about cramming as much freight in a trailer as they can, and it comes at the expense of safety. Damaged freight can be replaced, but a life was lost to this reckless practice, and that's permanent.