POLITICS *** Day In Tennessee

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by Joseph1135, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Joseph1135

Joseph1135 Well-Known Member

In fairness, he had to sign the bill by law. But the fact that they haven't changed this law over the decades doesn't excuse that fact. Tennessee is another one of those states that if they decide to secede again, I say we let them.

Gov. Bill Lee signs Nathan Bedford Forrest Day proclamation, is not considering law change
    Gov. Bill Lee has proclaimed Saturday as Nathan Bedford Forrest Day in Tennessee, a day of observation to honor the former Confederate general and early Ku Klux Klan leader whose bust is on display in the state Capitol.

Per state law, the Tennessee governor is tasked with issuing proclamations for six separate days of special observation, three of which, including the July 13 Forrest Day, pertain to the Confederacy.

Lee — and governors who have come before him — are also required by state law to proclaim Jan. 19 as Robert E. Lee Day, honoring the commander of the Confederate Army, as well as June 3 Confederate Decoration Day, otherwise known as Confederate Memorial Day and the birthday of Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

"I signed the bill because the law requires that I do that and I haven’t looked at changing that law," Lee said Thursday.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...y-gov-bill-lee-signs-proclamation/1684059001/

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Leadership for the Ignorant. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Most Governors have bigger better things to do than worrying about white washing history to appease the politically correct crowd. The Governor said that he hasn't looked at the bill that he is mandated to keep updated, and will eventually look at it. He didn't cave to the PC crowd with some kneejerk reaction to their demands and I respect that.
    I'm against white washing history regardless of who likes it or not.

3. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    The *** has zero relevance around the country. I realize these stories are news, but these Klan douchebags are only given relevance by us giving them attention.

jimmy g and Big Dave like this.
  4. Big Dave

Big Dave Wrote LAST child support check for Ump

Driver Since:
    Fixed it for ya...:1036316054:

5. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    Very true Big Dave, it's only the Dems that give those slimy bastards a microphone.

jimmy g likes this.
  6. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

If they want to have *** days, and Treason Holidays, let 'em. It's just Tennessee.

7. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    There is no *** celebration anywhere around the country and if the Dems would quit giving them credence they would be forgotten.

jimmy g likes this.
  8. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Funny to watch Dimms criticize their past creations.It kinda resembles the current feud in Congress.They create the monster and it eats them alive.

jimmy g, Northern Flash and Big Dave like this.
  9. Jaloc

Jaloc Well-Known Member

Most *** members are undercover federal agents lol the media keeps hyping them up!

jimmy g likes this.
  10. Jeff

Jeff Highly Trained Staff

Driver Since:
    *** has less membership than a average attendance to 1 WNBA basketball game (about 8000) in a country of over 300 million.

11. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Yea,they love the press they get from these people..

jimmy g likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    If the media and the Democrat party would stop giving those scuzzy ****ers attention they would just go away. Everyone thinks that they are radical douchebags. The Dems try to use them as a wedge issue for division, but for those with a clue, we link the klan to the Dems because that's who created them.

jimmy g likes this.
  13. zeroday

zeroday Well-Known Member

I lived in Tennessee for 25 years and no one talked about these statues or state days...Tennessee passed a voter ID law...no outrage no nothing not even Al Sharpton blabbing his big mouth...nope everyone showed up at the polls with their state ID...

I’ll tell what does get Tennesseans back up...some years back the state was going to institute an income tax...black white male female all marched on the state capital in Nashville...almost a riot and the state backed off...

joe bucker, buffalobill and Big Dave like this.
  14. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go So we got that going for us, Wich is nice

It's like Texas trying to declare its own independence from the USA in recent years

I highly doubt that subject will ever come up again

15. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Ya we were going to call it Texaco lol! Did you know the Texas flag is the only state flag that can fly at the same height as the American flag?

16. zeroday

Did you know the red star in the California state flag is in honor of the state of Texas...at the time both California and Texas were fighting Mexico for independence...

a9faninnc likes this.
  17. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Didn’t know that. Interesting considering how opposite they are today!

18. zeroday

California libs seethe when I tell them this...

falconfan, Big Dave and Bart like this.
  19. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    We fought a civil war over states wanting to leave the Union but nowadays I welcome places like Commiefornia leaving. Texas and Tennessee have no interest in leaving the Union.

20. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

I love when the opposing view is refused the freedom of speech or assembly. You can't have it both ways people. If it's only right when you do it. YOU ARE THE NAZI. Just saying.

buffalobill likes this.