Averitt | DayCab drivers

ltl lifer

Sr. Citizen & Gold Member
Credits
If you have a NEW daycab to drive, stand up and raise your hand! Oh I know a couple of drivers that have them but as of yet I don't. One has shown up on our yard. See a lot of new sleepers all over the place though.
Oh my it couldn't possibly be that shuttle drivers are the step children. :Violin:

Shuttle drivers step child...you mean those drivers that make more per mile than anyone else...those drivers that are paid hub miles so they get paid for every mile they drive...those drivers?

Yep, the drivers that are driving the junk pink tractors when the TL drivers, team drivers and dedicated drivers are driving brand new iron. Yep, those step child drivers, except of course if you run out of KNX or any terminal east of the Mississippi river.

I've been told by another driver who was at the international dealer, that they have more single axle internationals coming, not like those small pup pullers we run in the city, but it looks like the tandem one just with a single axle. I know that doesnt help shuttle guys, but man with all of the new daycabs volvos I see something is bound to make it's way out west soon.

I've seen several float through our yard and have decided I don't particularly want one of the new ones. The ones I have seen have the bottom trim level radio with a CD player and NO auxilary input jack. To me this feature is FAR more important than any new truck. Who the heck listens to cd's any more?

Hey corporate...the wave of the future is auxiliary inputs or usb ports. CD players are last decades technology. Please spec your tractors out with the AUX jack to use with ipods, xm/sirius radios, etc.

The lack of an aux. jack was big before I got my new ride, now it off the map of importance after spending 27,000 miles in my new truck. Bar none the best unit I have ever driven, hands down.

The lack of an aux. jack was big before I got my new ride, now it off the map of importance after spending 27,000 miles in my new truck. Bar none the best unit I have ever driven, hands down.

The aux. jack is far more important to me. If the new ones had one to go along with all the tattle-tail computer crap, maybe I would want one. The ones I saw and looked at and have heard about leave me with less than a favorable impression.

I'm not down playing the importance of an aux. jack, but after driving one for a while paired with my fm modulator that works excellent, I am one happy camper with my Volvo. I understand the fact that I'm not buying these trucks therefore I will drive what is issued to me, but be of good cheer, two reliable sources have told me we have 150 Freightliner's on order, maybe they will have an aux. jack.

Our stereo is connected to the talking Qualcomm, so any aftermarket will not work. Hopefully they will spec out future trucks with an upgraded stereo.

I'm not down playing the importance of an aux. jack, but after driving one for a while paired with my fm modulator that works excellent, I am one happy camper with my Volvo. I understand the fact that I'm not buying these trucks therefore I will drive what is issued to me, but be of good cheer, two reliable sources have told me we have 150 Freightliner's on order, maybe they will have an aux. jack.
I have heard this as well. Of course the chosen drivers east of the Ms. river hear it way before the stepkids west of the MS. river do.