XPO | Daytime Linehaul Working Dock?

Oh the horror.... I run night LH go to FAC and work the dock go on via to another fac
I run daytime linehaul out of NMP and we’re having to work outbound dock when we return. Any other locations doing this??
We have guys at my place wish they could get hours like that. Most would love a day LH run.

Oh the horror.... I run night LH go to FAC and work the dock go on via to another fac

We have guys at my place wish they could get hours like that. Most would love a day LH run.
From what I am told by drivers of other non union LTL carriers if they run a certain amount of miles the driver does not do any dock work . From what I hear some are over 520 miles you get paid but don’t work the dock , another was over 500 miles you get paid and do not work the dock . UPS just started this as well , their linehaul doesn’t work the dock . New Penn , YRC and Holland have never worked the dock no matter the miles and get paid . Sit in the truck , take a nap , sit in the break room whatever you get paid . This company is about the only one left where drivers over a certain amount of miles still have to work the dock .

The way I look at it, I can work up to 14 hours per day, five days a week. Drive, dock, via’s, whatever they want. I may not like it, but it is what it is. Via on the down, on the way home, whatever. Good via’s, crap via’s, we’ve all done em’. It’s not like the company is asking you to work for free. We all get paid to work. Heck, we even get paid for breakdowns. Full pay rate from the first minute. I get paid for pretty much everything I do at work from when I arrive to when I go home with very few exceptions (traffic, construction). If I don’t like what I bid this year, there’s always next year. With some LTL’s (FXF), if you switch city to LH, you go to the bottom (which would help me since I’ve been on LH most of my time here). Here, you have more flexibility year to year.
With regard to the OP, they may not be complaining, just a curiosity factor.

From what I am told by drivers of other non union LTL carriers if they run a certain amount of miles the driver does not do any dock work . From what I hear some are over 520 miles you get paid but don’t work the dock , another was over 500 miles you get paid and do not work the dock . UPS just started this as well , their linehaul doesn’t work the dock . New Penn , YRC and Holland have never worked the dock no matter the miles and get paid . Sit in the truck , take a nap , sit in the break room whatever you get paid . This company is about the only one left where drivers over a certain amount of miles still have to work the dock .
You must be a newer driver. Guys have been doing it for decades.

Heck, we even get paid for breakdowns. Full pay rate from the first minute. I get paid for pretty much everything I do at work from when I arrive to when I go home with very few exceptions (traffic, construction)
As you should it’s your time.

Well that is there and this is here. I'll say again, If you don't like it here, then go there. We do it our way and they do it there's. I sure the FXF drivers wish they could jump back and forth between LH and city and keep there seniority.
CCX,CWE,CSE, Con-way and now XPO all have and had the same problem. They all are a day late and a dollar short. The companies you listed were hiring dockworks long before anyone at this place even though of it. Back in early 2000 when I worked at AF now FXF our whole I/B was dockworks. I started at 8am if I wasn't loaded I might have to load the tail freight, with a pallet jack, out the gate by 9 or 9:30 at the latest. The O/B was all dockworkers too. In the 5yrs I was there I might have worked the O/B dock 15 times. It was rare very rare, but when you did it was very busy. I not sure how it is there now that was 15yrs ago.

They have been running our day line guys out in the city for switches. We don't have enough of anything. Trucks, drivers, hand helds, shrink wrap, dunnage …. anything. So it's pretty hard not to have to much freight. Even though our actual numbers have been pretty modest. We are always behind. Can't ever keep up. Let alone catch up.

The way I look at it, I can work up to 14 hours per day, five days a week. Drive, dock, via’s, whatever they want. I may not like it, but it is what it is. Via on the down, on the way home, whatever. Good via’s, crap via’s, we’ve all done em’. It’s not like the company is asking you to work for free. We all get paid to work. Heck, we even get paid for breakdowns. Full pay rate from the first minute. I get paid for pretty much everything I do at work from when I arrive to when I go home with very few exceptions (traffic, construction). If I don’t like what I bid this year, there’s always next year. With some LTL’s (FXF), if you switch city to LH, you go to the bottom (which would help me since I’ve been on LH most of my time here). Here, you have more flexibility year to year.
With regard to the OP, they may not be complaining, just a curiosity factor.
"I get paid for pretty much everything i do at work" some non driver reading that would say what the heck kinda job is that

If you just want to drive truck, drive for a different company. If you want to leave money on the table drive for a different company. I’m on linehaul to make money. Yes the dock sucks but you get payed to work it so pad your paycheck.
Yes I'm a traveling dockwork that made over 84K last year. Hell the company even gives me a vehicle and pays for my travel time. On some days I get a via and make some extra money. My average week is about 55hrs.

Yup. FXF over 200 miles no dock work. If LH meet - no dock work at all. Some guys make almost 60K year running 6hr/day.