Averitt | DCT West Palm Beach

Vauxhall

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have any information on this position or can shed any light on the West Palm Beach terminal?. The job posting says its for a dedicated customer doing drop/hooks and live unloads, but not much more beyond that.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any information on this position or can shed any light on the West Palm Beach terminal?. The job posting says its for a dedicated customer doing drop/hooks and live unloads, but not much more beyond that.

Thanks.

You might have better luck calling the West Palm Beach terminal and asking them. Averitt's a friendly enough company. They should be able to answer any questions you have. Good luck.

I called the main recruiting number but they couldn't tell me what that particular position entailed...or didn't want to. I'm OTR at the moment but will be heading home in the next couple weeks and can go to the terminal in person assuming the position is still open.

To be honest as long as Im not fingerprinting boxes I don't really mind. The ad said drop hook dry vans and live unload reefers. If its palletized or in cages I wont care if I have to do the unloading.

I put the app in on the first so will call again on Monday.

Thanks, I saw that. I would love a linehaul position as I love driving, but don't think I could manage teaming. I did it for a month straight during training and my nerves were raw from lack of sleep.

Maybe if it was like the R&L setup where you get 2 full days off each week...and the money was really good.

I love driving, but don't think I could manage teaming. I did it for a month straight during training and my nerves were raw from lack of sleep.

It's not for everybody for sure. I wouldn't want to do it either.

I put the app in on the first so will call again on Monday.

Never hurts to call and check. I put in an application online but didn't hear back so I went to a hiring event at the terminal and that's what got the ball rolling.

If your app is good the next thing would be a phone call from an Averitt recruiter with some interview-type questions. Nothing to sweat about. After that, they schedule an in-person interview at the terminal.

I called a few days after the online app and I was told they had to look it over etc. I explained my situation as far as being OTR and not having the flexibility to be available locally for interviews or roadtests and she said she would make a note on my app.

My next call is to offer to go into the terminal as I may not get another chance for weeks unless I quit my current job before I have any idea if Averitt is interested beyond an initial interview. Obviously this is something I really don't want to do.

My next call is to offer to go into the terminal as I may not get another chance for weeks...

Or just walk in and introduce yourself. Look sharp, shave, cover any tattoos... wear red... seriously, you never know.